No soliciting permitted.

LCD instrument cluster black

JenniferLB1108

Reaction score
Has anyone experienced a completely black and blank LCD instrument cluster next to the odometer? I just bought my car on Saturday and it is the 2022 and every time I turn on the car now the instrument cluster LCD monitor fails to come on. Even when I click on the menu button from the steering wheel, nothing happens. Yesterday, I was able to turn the car off and turn it back on to reset, but now it doesn’t matter what I do, it still doesn’t show up. I have a service appointment tomorrow, but I’m just curious if this is something anyone else has experienced and what the issue ended up being.

Scorpion044

Reaction score
We took our 2022 Telluride S by the dealership spontaneously yesterday, they were able to immediately work us in, and we were in and out within an hour. After the update we drove it for a bit yesterday and a lot today (we took the kids on a short day trip) the issue, thus far, appears to be fully resolved. For reference we bought our 2022 on July 10 and we had this issue almost daily since we got the vehicle, it actually did it as we were leaving the lot. So to not have the issue at ALL in over two days is a huge deal. Major props to KIA to receive, investigate, diagnosis the issue, engineer a firmware update, deploy the fix and issue the recall in such a short time is super impressive, and for us as 1st time KIA buyers, is very encouraging for any other issues that might arise during the life of this model.

bri69wal

Reaction score
experienced the same issue 3 times now only had our 2022 teluride S for 2 weeks now. made an appt for 8/23 earliest appt at Cerritos and went to the car and its working now.
just logged into KIA app and it shows there is a safety recall on the telluride for f/w update to fix the LCD issue.

Last edited:

slayer72

Reaction score

Last edited:

Sevi

Reaction score
I wonder if they will automatically deploy the new software to the cars on the assembly line, before they leave the factory

Matt S.

Reaction score
I just picked up a 2022 S last Friday. I've noticed a similar issue (maybe better worded as an inconvenience?) When I put the car in reverse, the radar image in the widget next to the video feed on the infotainment screen doesn't show up. It seems like it happens more often if I put it in reverse too quickly after turning the car on. Anybody else experience this?

G

G-419975

Has anyone experienced a completely black and blank LCD instrument cluster next to the odometer? I just bought my car on Saturday and it is the 2022 and every time I turn on the car now the instrument cluster LCD monitor fails to come on. Even when I click on the menu button from the steering wheel, nothing happens. Yesterday, I was able to turn the car off and turn it back on to reset, but now it doesn’t matter what I do, it still doesn’t show up. I have a service appointment tomorrow, but I’m just curious if this is something anyone else has experienced and what the issue ended up being.
I’m having the same issue also. I just bought my telluride three weeks ago and I’ve looked through the manuals but can’t figure out if this is a malfunction or if I accidentally pressed a button that turned it off

G

G-273004

Hi, I just bought 2022 Telluride S Model. Did you get any resolution? I have same problem

Bads

Reaction score
My dealership originally ordered a new instrument cluster, but after the software recall they just called me in to update it. I was out of there in 20 minutes and have not had a problem with the instrument cluster since.

TONYK11

Reaction score
+ 1. Cluster display update installed, bug fixed. In and out in under an hour, as others have reported.

Interesting that the dealer work order includes more than just the firmware update:
"Performed cluster software download/upgrade, cleared DTSC after, and performed battery reset."

jefft2021

Reaction score
Did a letter go out from Kia about the software fix or do you just contact the dealer and they will know
Don't trust any of these idiots. Call them

G

G-63951

Just reached out to the dealer, its a software issue. needs to be taken in for software system update to fix the bug.

TONYK11

Reaction score
Did a letter go out from Kia about the software fix or do you just contact the dealer and they will know
Kia US has sent the information on this problem and the required firmware update procedure to correct it to all dealerships.
You can make an appointment with any Kia dealer near you to have the update done. No mystery involved. Takes less than an hour.

Vesemir

Reaction score
Does this affect the 2022 SX?

G

G-122186

Took 2022 sx in today for software update for cluster panel..go to get in car after fix and alerted low fuel! Had a full tank of gas..fuel gage now not working! Dealer said a couple other vehicles had same issue after update..they have no idea what the fix will be! Totally frustrated!

arattle

Solutions
Reaction score
Took 2022 sx in today for software update for cluster panel..go to get in car after fix and alerted low fuel! Had a full tank of gas..fuel gage now not working! Dealer said a couple other vehicles had same issue after update..they have no idea what the fix will be! Totally frustrated!
SX shouldn't need this cluster panel software upgrade... This was for vehicles with the smaller TFT screen (LX, S, EX).

G

G-693581

SX shouldn't need this cluster panel software upgrade... This was for vehicles with the smaller TFT screen (LX, S, EX).
Erroneously said sx..its an s..have to take back to dealer for fuel gauge fix this sat..hopefully they can figure it out

marykay

Reaction score
Super frustrated.....I just purchased my 2022 Telluride Nightfall edition on 8/13/2021 and my instrument panel LCD screen has gone black at some point every day since...at first i thought i accidentally hit a button or something and turned the screen off, but that is definitely not the case. Sometimes if i shut the car off and restart it, it will come back on but not all of the time. I just called and scheduled an appointment with service and i have an appointment on the 24th. Has anyone gotten a legitimate fix for this or had their screen repaired yet?

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Telluride? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!
Get your luxury badges right here in the Telluride forum store
Kia Telluride Clubs
Protect your vehicle from code scanners