No soliciting permitted.

LCD instrument cluster black

JenniferLB1108

Reaction score
Has anyone experienced a completely black and blank LCD instrument cluster next to the odometer? I just bought my car on Saturday and it is the 2022 and every time I turn on the car now the instrument cluster LCD monitor fails to come on. Even when I click on the menu button from the steering wheel, nothing happens. Yesterday, I was able to turn the car off and turn it back on to reset, but now it doesn’t matter what I do, it still doesn’t show up. I have a service appointment tomorrow, but I’m just curious if this is something anyone else has experienced and what the issue ended up being.

NDBlackEX

Reaction score
Super frustrated.....I just purchased my 2022 Telluride Nightfall edition on 8/13/2021 and my instrument panel LCD screen has gone black at some point every day since...at first i thought i accidentally hit a button or something and turned the screen off, but that is definitely not the case. Sometimes if i shut the car off and restart it, it will come back on but not all of the time. I just called and scheduled an appointment with service and i have an appointment on the 24th. Has anyone gotten a legitimate fix for this or had their screen repaired yet?
The answer is literally 6 posts in front of yours. There's a software update that will fix it.
Kia US has sent the information on this problem and the required firmware update procedure to correct it to all dealerships.
You can make an appointment with any Kia dealer near you to have the update done. No mystery involved. Takes less than an hour.

Tellthemride

Reaction score
Any updates? I am having the same issue with my 2022 EX nightfall edition
Take it to your dealer, they will install a software update.

see post 126 or 134 in this thread.

ksyrah

Reaction score
Super frustrated.....I just purchased my 2022 Telluride Nightfall edition on 8/13/2021 and my instrument panel LCD screen has gone black at some point every day since...at first i thought i accidentally hit a button or something and turned the screen off, but that is definitely not the case. Sometimes if i shut the car off and restart it, it will come back on but not all of the time. I just called and scheduled an appointment with service and i have an appointment on the 24th. Has anyone gotten a legitimate fix for this or had their screen repaired yet?

marykay

Reaction score
The answer is literally 6 posts in front of yours. There's a software update that will fix it.
Thank you....i have an appointment Tuesday...when i spoke to the dealership today they sounded like they had no clue what i was talking about so i want to be prepared when i walk in there ..

ksyrah

Reaction score
Thank you....i have an appointment Tuesday...when i spoke to the dealership today they sounded like they had no clue what i was talking about so i want to be prepared when i walk in there ..
May be time to find another dealer :eek:

marykay

Reaction score
Just got off the phone with the service department at Kia and they said the update was already performed on my Telluride before i got it so they aren't sure what the issue could be...i will be taking it in on Tuesday ...i will post an update then

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Telluride? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

HillCountry

Reaction score
If you read the most recent page or two of posts, it does look like some have had success with the software update at the dealer. Good luck.

G

G-842361

SX shouldn't need this cluster panel software upgrade... This was for vehicles with the smaller TFT screen (LX, S, EX).
Meant to say a model..after driving for two days..fuel gave seems to have righted itself after the software update!

rodzilla7

Reaction score
Took 2022 sx in today for software update for cluster panel..go to get in car after fix and alerted low fuel! Had a full tank of gas..fuel gage now not working! Dealer said a couple other vehicles had same issue after update..they have no idea what the fix will be! Totally frustrated!
Had the same thing happen on our EX after the software update. Ask them to clear the DTCs and perform a battery disconnect. All sensors will be reset and everything will go back to working normally.

R

G

G-996908

Has anyone experienced a completely black and blank LCD instrument cluster next to the odometer? I just bought my car on Saturday and it is the 2022 and every time I turn on the car now the instrument cluster LCD monitor fails to come on. Even when I click on the menu button from the steering wheel, nothing happens. Yesterday, I was able to turn the car off and turn it back on to reset, but now it doesn’t matter what I do, it still doesn’t show up. I have a service appointment tomorrow, but I’m just curious if this is something anyone else has experienced and what the issue ended up being.
We just bought our 2022 and same issue! And the nav display has started to freeze up as well.

marykay

Reaction score
Update: Went to the dealer yesterday for a 9 am appointment and was out and back to work by 11 am. They were awesome, they did the software update for the instrument cluster and then disconnected the battery and cleared everything to reset. They did say that the gas mileage digital display wouldn't be accurate for about 100 miles but that is only to show the mpg and such... the regular gas gauge works just fine. The screen hasn't blacked out since the update :)

marykay

Reaction score
Update: Went to the dealer yesterday for a 9 am appointment and was out and back to work by 11 am. They were awesome, they did the software update for the instrument cluster and then disconnected the battery and cleared everything to reset. They did say that the gas mileage digital display wouldn't be accurate for about 100 miles but that is only to show the mpg and such... the regular gas gauge works just fine. The screen hasn't blacked out since the update :)
ugh...got in my telluride to go to work this morning (two days after the instrument cluster update) and now i'm getting a blinking green screen when i put it in reverse...no communication with camera - anyone else have this issue??

Hal Bilbo

Reaction score
My 2021 S model is in the shop 80+days. Airbag light won't reset after starting. It stays on. My touch screen booted three different ways; was told it is normal. My ignition stop-go system randomly turns off; was told that's normal. 2500 miles. Cannot figure out why light is on.

Get your luxury badges right here in the Telluride forum store
Kia Telluride Clubs
Protect your vehicle from code scanners