No soliciting permitted.

LED lights too bright?

jessicaldavis87

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
I bought the SX AWD with prestige package last month. When driving at night, I am noticing that some other drivers are flashing their brights at me while mine are on low beam. Is anyone else having this problem?

Gwyn

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Take it in and have them adjust the headlights. The cutoff should be about 3ft high at 100ft away.

Kidd1101

Reaction score
I replaced the stock headlight halogen bulbs with LED HB3/9005. I will give an update as soon as possible when nightfall comes. Sun is still shining. :cool:

T. Raley

Reaction score
I bought the SX AWD with prestige package last month. When driving at night, I am noticing that some other drivers are flashing their brights at me while mine are on low beam. Is anyone else having this problem?
Yes! I have been having the same issue..

FlTelluride

Reaction score
I have an EX and it has the Halogen bulbs. I would like to know if they can be replaced by the LED bulbs from the SX

I have an S trim and I would also like to know if this is possible. Although I'm sure if you purchase through Kia or have dealership install they may refuse to do so. Still I would like to know if the bulbs are compatible between trims!

TellyTubby

Reaction score
You would have to replace the entire headlight assembly, not just the bulbs. LED projectors are different the halogen projectors (don't egt me started on putting LED bulbs in halogen projectors). Probably over $1K for the assemblies, and who knows if the wiring is even the same. You should just buy high performance halogen/xenon bulbs.

FlTelluride

Reaction score
You would have to replace the entire headlight assembly, not just the bulbs. LED projectors are different the halogen projectors (don't egt me started on putting LED bulbs in halogen projectors). Probably over $1K for the assemblies, and who knows if the wiring is even the same. You should just buy high performance halogen/xenon bulbs.

I've tried "performace" halogen bulbs in other vehicles and i'm not impressed at all. I have LEDs in my '18 Accord and when I drive the Kia I can't stand the light output or the color of the halogens. my question is, are the LED bulbs in the SX 9005/HB3? I understand if they are completely different housings, wiring harnesses but what are the bulb sizes?

515EX

Reaction score
I've tried "performace" halogen bulbs in other vehicles and i'm not impressed at all. I have LEDs in my '18 Accord and when I drive the Kia I can't stand the light output or the color of the halogens. my question is, are the LED bulbs in the SX 9005/HB3? I understand if they are completely different housings, wiring harnesses but what are the bulb sizes?
I can’t speak to what’s in the SX but those are the correct bulbs you need for the lower trims. I have an EX and swapped in LED bulbs. Went with the 9005 Terminator Series from Racesport. They provide nice light output, match the DRLs well, carry a three year warranty and don’t have a fan or ballast that needs tucked into the housing.

jw_tx21

SUSTAINING MEMBER
FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score

I had a driver do that once who was in a car. The IIHS noted some headlight glare in their report - maybe this is the issue. See if the dealer can adjust and please let us know the outcome.

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Telluride? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

Shakodag

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
So I just stopped into my dealer regarding the glare from the SX headlights, and the service dept indicated that they can’t be adjusted.

Patd

Reaction score
I can’t speak to what’s in the SX but those are the correct bulbs you need for the lower trims. I have an EX and swapped in LED bulbs. Went with the 9005 Terminator Series from Racesport. They provide nice light output, match the DRLs well, carry a three year warranty and don’t have a fan or ballast that needs tucked into the housing.
Hi, does the led kit come with 2 bulbs per package?

515EX

Reaction score
Hi, does the led kit come with 2 bulbs per package?
Yes, it’s a full conversion kit.

Desertbears

Reaction score
Yes! I just posted about the same issue. It’s annoying having to flash to let them know high beams are not on. Wondering if our dealer can adjust the angle. Will post update if that’s the case.

jazzyone

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Yes! I just posted about the same issue. It’s annoying having to flash to let them know high beams are not on. Wondering if our dealer can adjust the angle. Will post update if that’s the case.

i have an EX so I don’t know, but do both lights normally come on or does only one light come on for low beam in the dual stack arrangement?

Edit: Found the answer in the manual. I think people are confusing the low beam/sub-low beam as “high beam” when they see two bulbs lit. Doesn’t matter it if it’s actually bright or not, it’s just a Pavlovian reaction to seeing the dual beam. You can’t fix that unless you can turn off the sub-low beam.

Last edited: