No soliciting permitted.

Register Log in

Light gray leather interior

plutoridge

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Any suggestions to keep light gray leather interior and esp seats keep looking fresh and like new?

Last month, I saw a Telluride with <50 miles and light interior seats stained with blue jean marks .. I guess they were from the folks trying out the SUV but it made me wonder if these seats would get stained that easily? and what would be the best way to avoid getting these seats stained with marks

Dealer did tell me about some 800 bucks coating package - looking for inexpensive DIY options/solutions

Richb

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
It doesn’t help your current situation, but I go with black leather to avoid dye transfer and staining. I had a light gray Lexus leather interior before and won’t do that again.

Tim-in-CA

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score

DaveA

Reaction score
Any suggestions to keep light gray leather interior and esp seats keep looking fresh and like new?

Last month, I saw a Telluride with <50 miles and light interior seats stained with blue jean marks .. I guess they were from the folks trying out the SUV but it made me wonder if these seats would get stained that easily? and what would be the best way to avoid getting these seats stained with marks

Dealer did tell me about some 800 bucks coating package - looking for inexpensive DIY options/solutions
We have the light grey seats. Snd purchased a product call resist all to cover the seats and that Included a coat on exterior of the cat for a cost of $400. If my seats get stained or damaged and the dealer can't make it factory specs they will replace the seat.

Karam.31

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
We have the light grey seats. Snd purchased a product call resist all to cover the seats and that Included a coat on exterior of the cat for a cost of $400. If my seats get stained or damaged and the dealer can't make it factory specs they will replace the seat.
Can you elaborate on this? The dealer offered you this coating?

DaveA

Reaction score
Can you elaborate on this? The dealer offered you this coating?
Yes dealer sold it to us and applied it.
Very low odor, well I can't smell a thing, my wife said she could a little bur she has a VERY good sniffer.
Called ReistAll. So far so good. The warranty sold for me. Free seat cover replacement if its damaged in any way.

bean123

Reaction score
I have the light gray interior and am interested in what people are doing to protect the seats. Is anyone using 303 Aerospace UV Protectant?

Karam.31

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Yes dealer sold it to us and applied it.
Very low odor, well I can't smell a thing, my wife said she could a little bur she has a VERY good sniffer.
Called ReistAll. So far so good. The warranty sold for me. Free seat cover replacement if its damaged in any way.
What do you mean by "seat cover"? You just mean the nappa leather right?

Buckeye-TRide

Staff member
Reaction score
For what it’s worth I have black leather and took my boys and the neighbor’s boys to the neighborhood pool last weekend. What do you know their sunscreen rubbed off all over the seats on the 4 block drive. I tried to rub it off with a towel, as I know sunscreen can be damn near impossible to remove from black leather, to no avail. When we got home I tried some Griot’s garage interior detail spray, no dice. Stepped up to some dedicated leather cleaner with no conditioner and it melted the sunscreen right off. My seats have no dealer coating cough* ripoff cough* and they look and feel brand new. Light leather will need to be cleaned every now and again and I would suggest buying separate leather cleaner and a conditioner and using a very soft bristled paint brush to gently agitate stains then can wipe with a clean microfiber if they ever occur. My previous vehicle had tan leather and they looked brand new when I sold it and I have 3 young kids.

Karam.31

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
For what it’s worth I have black leather and took my boys and the neighbor’s boys to the neighborhood pool last weekend. What do you know their sunscreen rubbed off all over the seats on the 4 block drive. I tried to rub it off with a towel, as I know sunscreen can be damn near impossible to remove from black leather, to no avail. When we got home I tried some Griot’s garage interior detail spray, no dice. Stepped up to some dedicated leather cleaner with no conditioner and it melted the sunscreen right off. My seats have no dealer coating cough* ripoff cough* and they look and feel brand new. Light leather will need to be cleaned every now and again and I would suggest buying separate leather cleaner and a conditioner and using a very soft bristled paint brush to gently agitate stains then can wipe with a clean microfiber if they ever occur. My previous vehicle had tan leather and they looked brand new when I sold it and I have 3 young kids.
Which leather cleaner and conditioner would you recommend? I'm def not getting the dealer coating. My dealer said $699 and warranty is only 5 years. No chance.

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Telluride? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

Buckeye-TRide

Staff member
Reaction score
Which leather cleaner and conditioner would you recommend? I'm def not getting the dealer coating. My dealer said $699 and warranty is only 5 years. No chance.
What most people fail to realize it that all automotive leather, except maybe Bentley or Maybach which are likely full aniline dyed, has a clear resin coating so you really do not need an additional dealer installed protectant. You could argue (and many do) that you don’t need any conditioner but Lexol sells a kit with both included which is very good if you think you need it.

Rassar1

Reaction score
@Buckeye-TRide which leather cleaner did you use to get the sunscreen off? We wear sunscreen nearly year around here in TX.

Vlapinta

Reaction score
I have been using Zano products on my BMW's leather for years. I have a 2011 328i convertible and people always remark how good the leather looks. I use their leather cleaner and finish with the Z10 leather in the bottle. The Z10 smells amazing thus the name Leather in a bottle. I just used the Z10 on my Telluride.