No soliciting permitted.

Register Log in

Logistics Status: At Sea?

southpawgrammarr

Reaction score
Kind of a strange question here, so bear with me.

When we went in to the dealer looking at the Telluride about 6 weeks ago, we were told the exact model we were looking for was already inbound and not spoken for. The sales manager said it was "at sea" and should be here mid-late December. Now, I know these are made in the US, and being north of the 49th parallel I just assumed they were sent up by train or truck to Canada.

Rather than being a wise ass and call them out on it, I internally rolled my eyes and proceeded to plunk down a deposit. I tell my wife "I'll believe that car is coming when I see it on the lot". So I go in yesterday to sign papers (got my VIN) and sure enough in the Logistics Status line, it says "at sea".:unsure:

Does anyone here have knowledge of the logistics chain and can confirm how these are sent up North?

Husker Soze

Staff member
Reaction score
To answer your question.... I don't know. However, I think you should have asked them the "at sea" question, without being a wise guy. :cautious:
Maybe they know about the logistics. :unsure:

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Telluride? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!