Welcome to the Ad-Free KIA Telluride Community!

Please register with the BIGGEST and busiest Telluride community online. We'd LOVE to have you! Please note: This is an ADVERTISEMENT FREE community! No advertising is permitted. None.

Register Log in

Looking at Telluride - Canadian Negotiations

Twasnow

Reaction score
Hello folks,

So the Telluride is looking like the vehicle I want, but I personally dislike buying new, no option here though and it's time to buy.

So I've started the negotiations. (Remember Canada CAD $)

Right now only two models are available here, sx and ex.

The sx is our choice and stays at 49,995 - 1000 "celebration bonus" then +++.

PDI here is 1885
Dealer fees are min. 399 (but some may try for 1000+) ac fee is 100 + 200 premium paint

There is a the B.S. window etching....

All in all including sales tax (13%)

My first dealer quote was
$59,487.23 or $52,571.00 + $50 gas + 32 license +tax

After extensive negotiations i am now at: $56,500 out the door.

Any Canadians do better than this? I know I can get the grad rebate of 500 but i dont want to include that here. I just feel like i haven't got the dealer down quite enough yet.

I think there has to be another 500 on the table.
I'm avoiding driving out of town yet to get a comparable, so hopefully you fellow Canadians out here can let me know your out the door prices. Or what you have negotiate down to.

Thanks.

13_FST

Staff member
FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
It seems like you got the celebration bonus PLUS an additional $1,500 off. This is amazing!

Here in AB, there are no discounts simply because of limited availability. The best I got was the waiving of the dealer fees and free all weather mats + locking wheel lug nuts.

I say take the $56,500 and enjoy the car!

What colour?

Twasnow

Reaction score
I am not sure what colour yet there is very little stock here so I haven't seen them all.

Well here's the breakdown, and there was something about the 3rd time he said this is the lowest price, that lead me to believe he was for the 3rd time not being totally honest.

49995 (sx base price)
+200 (premium paint)
+100 (AC tax)
+17.75 (tire stewardship)
+10 (OMVIC fee / Ontario Motor Vehicle "associaltion")
+ 499 (Admin Fee)
= 52,679

- 1000 (celebration bonus)
- 1780 (dealer discount)

= 49,926.75
+ 6490.48 (ontario rate HST)

+ 50 (fuel)
+32 (licensing)

= 56,499.23

I will also get an additional 500 grad bonus pre-tax.

I think anyone can get this price if they try hard enough. (not grad bonus)
I think I can maybe do better

13_FST

Staff member
FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
$1,780 discount is amazing! But they're adding $50 for fuel so it's $1,730 discount.

Dealer profit is $2,900 (plus holdback and other incentives) so they're still making at least $1,200 from this sale.

Good for you for getting this deal.

Try to counter by saying you'll pay $56K all in. So that's an additional $500 saving plus grad discount.

Are you financing, leasing, or paying cash?

Twasnow

Reaction score
$1,780 discount is amazing! But they're adding $50 for fuel so it's $1,730 discount.

Dealer profit is $2,900 (plus holdback and other incentives) so they're still making at least $1,200 from this sale.

Good for you for getting this deal.

Try to counter by saying you'll pay $56K all in. So that's an additional $500 saving plus grad discount.

Are you financing, leasing, or paying cash?
Cash, or half cash and finance.

and thank you for this information, this was exactly what i was looking for.

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Telluride? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

Michelw

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Ladies and gents, $55,500 including all taxes and grad bonus.

Telluride SX, Pearl White w/ black leather interior.
Your dealer discount seems to be more than the $1780 + $1000 celebration bonus that you specified previously.

Can you please give all of the details like you did previously.

Thanks

Twasnow

Reaction score
Here you go.

49995 (sx base price)
+200 (premium paint)
+100 (AC tax)
+17.75 (tire stewardship)
+10 (OMVIC fee / Ontario Motor Vehicle "associaltion")
+ 499 (Admin Fee)

- 500 (graduate)
- 1000 (celebration bonus)
- 2164.27 (dealer discount)

= 49,042.48

+ 6375.52 (ontario rate HST)

+ 50 (fuel)
+ 32 (licensing)

= 55,500.00

For our american friends this is equivalent to $36,300 USD pre-tax

Last edited:

13_FST

Staff member
FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
I’d say that you have gotten the best deal in Canada given that it’s a 2020 model year.

Wow!!!

You’re in Toronto?

Twasnow

Reaction score
About an hour away from Toronto.

Lowest price possible was my goal, the wife really wanted it but i never let her enter the dealership until it was time to pick the specific colour. Also i would have gladly bought a fully loaded year old 2019 dodge Durango and saved $5000. Though i will admit the telluride is actually the nicer vehicle even though its msrp is like 7000 less (kia really did a hell of a job with this SUV)

Also this took 4 visits to this dealership and 5 printed price offers from the dealership. I also visited 2 other dealerships with different owners to have an idea of if I was in the right bottom dollar area.

The last piece of the puzzle came from this thread with the profit margin @13_FST stated above, and my gut feeling that this sales manager was ready to sell another telluride this month regardless of thin margins.

FireMartZ

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
I was able to get 52 195$ (MSRP + paint + levies + destination charges) - 1000$ celebration in late april for a SX here in Québec. I also got the tow hitch, break controller, 7 pins wiring, 1200$ service credit for winter tires/rims, hood and roof protective films, lock nuts, first gas fill and 10 years free oil changes (up to 150$/year) as added bonus.

So yes, roughly, one should be able to get close to 2000$ in discount or up to 3000$ free stuff (as the dealer has good margins on accessories).

red426

Reaction score
I’m in Toronto, Canada, I signed up for a white SX for total purchase price of $55,512 including freight, taxes, fees.... I have a negative equity on my trade for $2,400, which is included in the total. My purchase agreement indicates $3,203 in discount... I think that’s pretty good. I have a VIN # and was told mid June delivery..

Michelw

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
I’m in Toronto, Canada, I signed up for a white SX for total purchase price of $55,512 including freight, taxes, fees.... I have a negative equity on my trade for $2,400, which is included in the total. My purchase agreement indicates $3,203 in discount... I think that’s pretty good. I have a VIN # and was told mid June delivery..
Does your $3,203 in discount include the $1,000 Kia celebration rebate ?

Currently this $1,000 celebration rebate is suppose to finish may 31, 2019. Did your dealer tell you that this celebration rebate will still be available in June, 2019 ?

red426

Reaction score
Does your $3,203 in discount include the $1,000 Kia celebration rebate ?

Currently this $1,000 celebration rebate is suppose to finish may 31, 2019. Did your dealer tell you that this celebration rebate will still be available in June, 2019 ?
I believe it is included as it was the only rebate advertised. I didn’t ask if it will be available in June, I guess it wouldn’t matter as I signed the purchase agreement. If the deal changes, then I don’t have to accept.

Michelw

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
I was able to get 52 195$ (MSRP + paint + levies + destination charges) - 1000$ celebration in late april for a SX here in Québec. I also got the tow hitch, break controller, 7 pins wiring, 1200$ service credit for winter tires/rims, hood and roof protective films, lock nuts, first gas fill and 10 years free oil changes (up to 150$/year) as added bonus.

So yes, roughly, one should be able to get close to 2000$ in discount or up to 3000$ free stuff (as the dealer has good margins on accessories).
From what Kia dealer in Quebec were you able to get all of those goodies ?

For your hood protective film, did they remove the TELLURIDE letters from the hood first, apply the protective film and put back the letters or did they use a laser cut protective film with a cutout of the letters ?

FireMartZ

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
From what Kia dealer in Quebec were you able to get all of those goodies ?

For your hood protective film, did they remove the TELLURIDE letters from the hood first, apply the protective film and put back the letters or did they use a laser cut protective film with a cutout of the letters ?
They didn't remove the letters. They told me they would cut out the letter, I didn't ask how and from what I can see when looking close, they did it manually. You have to really look close to spot small imperfections in the contour, but from a normal distance, everything is looking good.

My dealer is Kia Cap-Santé. If you end up buying there, DM me. They supposedly give bonuses for referrals.

pernstar

Reaction score
2020 Telluride SX
(Premium paint) / Black Leather
MSRP:49,995.00
Colour Charge 200.00
Other Taxes & Levies 100.00
Delivery & Destination charge 1,895.00
DEALER DOCUMENTATION FEE / CASH GRAB / BS WHATEVER: 499.00
Vehicle Price

I PAID $51,000 plus applicable taxes.

No trade. No Celebration bonus b/c I bought in June.

Dealer had to locate colour. Bought one week ago. Still waiting.
I'm in Vancouver.