No soliciting permitted.

Lucas Boehm at Kia of Muncie

BillTN

Reaction score
Worked with Lucas today to order our new Telluride SX AWD Everlasting Silver with Butterscotch at MSRP. I found him very easy to work with by email with messages back and forth until all my questions were answered. Great to find someone that is not out to take advantage of people. The wait will be long but worth it to get treated honestly and fairly. I'm in north east TN and could not find a fair and honest deal within 200 miles. One of the dealers in my area actually told me "we only charge the Kia recommended markup of $6995 unlike others that were charging 10K plus" what a load of BS. Lucas and Kia of Muncie will treat you honestly and fairly, would recommend Lucas to everyone.

NCBill

Reaction score
Got to love that sales line: "we are only charging KIA recommended markup".

Sales rep at Paramount KIA told me confidently: "You won't find an SX AWD for under $10,000 markup". Her statement was sort of true. I wouldn't find it at Paramount KIA, so I drove two hours further and found it...

BillTN

Reaction score
Got to love that sales line: "we are only charging KIA recommended markup".

Sales rep at Paramount KIA told me confidently: "You won't find an SX AWD for under $10,000 markup". Her statement was sort of true. I wouldn't find it at Paramount KIA, so I drove two hours further and found it...
I'm in the Kingsport TN area and they were one of the places I checked with, got that same line. All the dealers near me were crazy markups. Dealer in Bristol is the one that gave me that Kia recommended line. Funny thing is I have been dealing with their sister Nissan Dealership for many years and have be very happy with them (5 cars and 2 trucks). Nissan just didn't have what at anywhere near a reasonable price for what you get this time around.

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Telluride? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

Mikesl

Reaction score
So you'll see in my signature below I started my Telluride journey with Lucas back in April and drove down from Michigan to pick up my car this afternoon. I have only one possible misgiving with Lucas, certainly isn't a complaint. I'll come back to that when you see the pictures below.

But before I get to that let me just share that you are all correct, Lucas always shoots straight and every interaction I had with him the last six months was ALWAYS prompt and pleasant. I suspect it's not always easy to have such a great attitude when dealing with customers like us who obsess over a car like we do in this forum. Myself, I would touch base every 2-3 weeks and every time Lucas replied within a couple hours unless I sent a question over the weekend or he was taking some days off, then it might go a day at most.

Today I finished the journey meeting Lucas in-person for the first time. He took plenty of time orienting me to the car and connecting me with Craig, the finance guy at Kia of Muncie, who facilitates all the paperwork for registration, extended warranty coverage if you want it (they offer the best warranty deals without the BS that so many other dealers seem to specialize in) and financing if you're going that route. He's as pleasant and straightforward to deal with as Lucas.

As you'd imagine I was in a pretty good mood picking up my car after a six month wait and finding it exceeded my expectations (SXP, GWP with the Napa black interior) and finding Lucas to be every bit as friendly and fun in person as he seemed to be through our virtual back-and-forth for so long. So with Lucas being the "King of the Telly's" there at Kia of Muncie when he gave my wife and I crowns to wear for some pix with our car of course we would go along with it! I certainly can't blame how dorky I look on that silly crown but it doesn't help. So the only misgiving in this entire experience is how I look in the picture below with that crown, but it was all in good fun as this comment is meant to be. And as a celebration of working with Lucas and the Kia of Muncie organization as we picked up our car, we were happy to do it!

Below the picture of the new Telluride with my wife and I is a picture driving back to Michigan at dusk showing the dash with the heads-up display, and LED headlights. Really enjoyed getting to experience all the drivers aids and media options on the four hour trip home.

Thanks Lucas, Craig, and the whole Kia of Muncie team!

image_67202049.JPG image_72192707.JPG

Katy_Tell

Reaction score
So you'll see in my signature below I started my Telluride journey with Lucas back in April and drove down from Michigan to pick up my car this afternoon. I have only one possible misgiving with Lucas, certainly isn't a complaint. I'll come back to that when you see the pictures below.

But before I get to that let me just share that you are all correct, Lucas always shoots straight and every interaction I had with him the last six months was ALWAYS prompt and pleasant. I suspect it's not always easy to have such a great attitude when dealing with customers like us who obsess over a car like we do in this forum. Myself, I would touch base every 2-3 weeks and every time Lucas replied within a couple hours unless I sent a question over the weekend or he was taking some days off, then it might go a day at most.

Today I finished the journey meeting Lucas in-person for the first time. He took plenty of time orienting me to the car and connecting me with Craig, the finance guy at Kia of Muncie, who facilitates all the paperwork for registration, extended warranty coverage if you want it (they offer the best warranty deals without the BS that so many other dealers seem to specialize in) and financing if you're going that route. He's as pleasant and straightforward to deal with as Lucas.

As you'd imagine I was in a pretty good mood picking up my car after a six month wait and finding it exceeded my expectations (SXP, GWP with the Napa black interior) and finding Lucas to be every bit as friendly and fun in person as he seemed to be through our virtual back-and-forth for so long. So with Lucas being the "King of the Telly's" there at Kia of Muncie when he gave my wife and I crowns to wear for some pix with our car of course we would go along with it! I certainly can't blame how dorky I look on that silly crown but it doesn't help. So the only misgiving in this entire experience is how I look in the picture below with that crown, but it was all in good fun as this comment is meant to be. And as a celebration of working with Lucas and the Kia of Muncie organization as we picked up our car, we were happy to do it!

Below the picture of the new Telluride with my wife and I is a picture driving back to Michigan at dusk showing the dash with the heads-up display, and LED headlights. Really enjoyed getting to experience all the drivers aids and media options on the four hour trip home.

Thanks Lucas, Craig, and the whole Kia of Muncie
Very excited for you! Dang. Reminded me of the thrill when we picked up ours.

Even though Lucas explained the features, did you still find it overwhelming when you were on the road? It took me a long time to adjust to all the new features, and though it has been 11 months since driving off the lot, I still have discovered new things! LOL!

gavi0010

Reaction score
Congrats! Another Michigander here hopefully just a few weeks behind you at Muncie. Glad to hear you had a great experience with Lucas and Muncie, seems par for the course with them which these days is not to be taken for granted.

Mikesl

Reaction score
Very excited for you! Dang. Reminded me of the thrill when we picked up ours.

Even though Lucas explained the features, did you still find it overwhelming when you were on the road? It took me a long time to adjust to all the new features, and though it has been 11 months since driving off the lot, I still have discovered new things! LOL!
Definitely was a lot to take in! It was a four hour drive back so plenty of time to try out the driver assistance features but locked in a couple of Sirius stations I like and minimized the distractions of trying to figure too many things out while driving.

Mikesl

Reaction score
Congrats! Another Michigander here hopefully just a few weeks behind you at Muncie. Glad to hear you had a great experience with Lucas and Muncie, seems par for the course with them which these days is not to be taken for granted.
Super, just a couple weeks away for you! For my car Kia beat their last estimate of dealer delivery by 9 days so hopefully you'll get it sooner than expected.

NCBill

Reaction score
We pick up in the morning. My wife has her notebook and I will be taking video on the orientation! Wife’s car so she drives it home while I drive my F150 home.

Mikesl

Reaction score
We pick up in the morning. My wife has her notebook and I will be taking video on the orientation! Wife’s car so she drives it home while I drive my F150 home.
I think I saw your car in the lot when I was there Saturday to pick mine up. It looked great, I hope your wife enjoys her trip home with it as much as I enjoyed driving mine home!

BillTN

Reaction score
I think I saw your car in the lot when I was there Saturday to pick mine up. It looked great, I hope your wife enjoys her trip home with it as much as I enjoyed driving mine home!
Good deal getting it sooner than expected. Hope ours is a month or two sooner but don't expect it will be.

joogle

Reaction score
So I'm in touch with Kia Munice and the agent Zach is very responsive but wondering if I should just be working with Lucas as it seems he's dealt with a lot of forums members here. How do I get in touch with Lucas?

ksyrah

Reaction score
So I'm in touch with Kia Munice and the agent Zach is very responsive but wondering if I should just be working with Lucas as it seems he's dealt with a lot of forums members here. How do I get in touch with Lucas?
If you really want to, his email is on their website. They all work together - no reason to change sales people.....

joogle

Reaction score
If you really want to, his email is on their website. They all work together - no reason to change sales people.....

Well you maybe able to help me - were you told when placing the order that the car may come with some accessories. Basically even though i dont want some accessory it may come with it and will just pay the sticker price on it.

Thanks

ksyrah

Reaction score
Well you maybe able to help me - were you told when placing the order that the car may come with some accessories. Basically even though i dont want some accessory it may come with it and will just pay the sticker price on it.

Thanks
I've heard that it has happened to others - not to me the two times I bought from them. It seems to be a KIA thing. The dealer has no choice. You are getting a big discount for buying from them. If a couple of small thing are added, I wouldn't sweat it. There was at least one person on this board who had a Telly come in with the DVD system that they didn't order. Whether the dealer actually ordered it without it or the dealer matched up an incoming unit and passed it off as an order, I don't recall that answer.

joogle

Reaction score
I've heard that it has happened to others - not to me the two times I bought from them. It seems to be a KIA thing. The dealer has no choice. You are getting a big discount for buying from them. If a couple of small thing are added, I wouldn't sweat it. There was at least one person on this board who had a Telly come in with the DVD system that they didn't order. Whether the dealer actually ordered it without it or the dealer matched up an incoming unit and passed it off as an order, I don't recall that answer.

Thank you for the info - I was also in touch with I25 Kia and the rep there mentioned that they need to add at least one accessory and i forgot the exact reasoning why but they were basically adding the $50 cargo net to order.

I am leaning towards Munice - I will have to get the car shipped to Florida so and it appears a closed trailer is running at $2K for shipment. I believe I25 gets their cars quicker but the pricing at Munice is better.

BillTN

Reaction score
I think you will be happy with Muncie, they will treat you fairly and honestly. I personally would not change sales person as to me it feels a little uncomfortable. If they are like most dealers sales people are paid against unit sales. Lucas is very good to work with but I have heard the others will serve you well also. In regard to added options I have seen where Kia has done that on many dealers from time to time. I know that has happen with Nissan and others a times also.

Njose424

Reaction score
Just placed my order with Lucas at Kia of Muncie. Couldn’t have been easier. MSRP plus military discount so puts me under MSRP. He made it super easy.

Saywhaat04

Reaction score
Just placed my order with Lucas at Kia of Muncie. Couldn’t have been easier. MSRP plus military discount so puts me under MSRP. He made it super easy.
I've been in touch with Lucas and he's great. The only reason I haven't purchased yet is because I want to wait until 2023 when the Telluride gets a Mid model update. Are they still doing the Costco discount? I think it was $1200 off if you were a member of Costco. Its well worth it if they are still doing that too.

Njose424

Reaction score
I've been in touch with Lucas and he's great. The only reason I haven't purchased yet is because I want to wait until 2023 when the Telluride gets a Mid model update. Are they still doing the Costco discount? I think it was $1200 off if you were a member of Costco. Its well worth it if they are still doing that too.
They are still honoring Costco’s buyer program but Costco stopped offering discounts on the Telluride.

nightfall your telluride
Get your luxury badges right here in the Telluride forum store
Kia Telluride Clubs
Protect your vehicle from code scanners