No soliciting permitted.

• In the 1980s and 1990s we used AOL and Usenet. In the 2000s there were forums and message boards. In the 2010s - and until the very near future - social media. Something new is coming for Telluride drivers... Become an early adopter of what's next by SIGNING UP HERE. Your email address will not be sold or used in any way other than us communicating more details as we prepare for launch - and we will not communicate often.

Market Price Adjustment!

tk_

Reaction score
Lol. Well all of that was hard to infer on 1st post. I just trying to get one and hate price increases on anything ever.
Frustrating time to be a car-buyer for sure. I think if you can wait a year, you should wait a year.

My wife and I could wait a year but she wants out of the aging VW Tiguan we have because it is constantly having issues and she simply hates it. Wife wins.

SilverEX

Reaction score
Who did you work with at Peak Kia North? That is where I ordered mine from and got an ETA of late March on Monday.
James Titchenell. I ordered mine in October and have confirmation that the vehicle has been manufactured as I have a VIN and a sticker. Peak should receive it next week or the week after.

Tell-My-Ride

Reaction score
I ordered a Telluride from I25 KIA in November at MSRP. I didn’t realize they changed hands to Fowler. Hoping nothing has changed.

WickednAZ

Reaction score
James Titchenell. I ordered mine in October and have confirmation that the vehicle has been manufactured as I have a VIN and a sticker. Peak should receive it next week or the week after.
Are you happy using Peak Kia North and dealing with James? if so do you mind sharing his contact? Likely placing an order.

SilverEX

Reaction score
Are you happy using Peak Kia North and dealing with James? if so do you mind sharing his contact? Likely placing an order.

So far so good. James has been straight forward and easy to work with. I had the same experience with their finance department so far (just talked to them yesterday for the first time). No pressure for any add ons or additional warranties as they finalized all the documents to send to me. My only minor complaint is that there was an etching fee of $199 added on to the sales contract that I don't remember agreeing to but this was possibly a miscommunication as doing everything via phone, email and text makes things a little more difficult. I may have agreed to add it (or he may have misunderstood my answer) as I was asking a few questions as the finance manager was listing out all the possible add ons. Even with that minor hiccup I'd still recommend them as their MSRP price, dealer fees, registration fees, shipping fees, and time frame stayed the same throughout the 4 month process. All in all its been a positive experience and I would use them again to order another KIA.

James' info is as follows:
Cell # (720) 355-6870
jamestitchenell@gmail.com

Lakaiguy

Reaction score
I ordered a Telluride from I25 KIA in November at MSRP. I didn’t realize they changed hands to Fowler. Hoping nothing has changed.
It hasn't. Just drove ours home from Fowler. It was a seamless transition.

WickednAZ

Reaction score
So far so good. James has been straight forward and easy to work with. I had the same experience with their finance department so far (just talked to them yesterday for the first time). No pressure for any add ons or additional warranties as they finalized all the documents to send to me. My only minor complaint is that there was an etching fee of $199 added on to the sales contract that I don't remember agreeing to but this was possibly a miscommunication as doing everything via phone, email and text makes things a little more difficult. I may have agreed to add it (or he may have misunderstood my answer) as I was asking a few questions as the finance manager was listing out all the possible add ons. Even with that minor hiccup I'd still recommend them as their MSRP price, dealer fees, registration fees, shipping fees, and time frame stayed the same throughout the 4 month process. All in all its been a positive experience and I would use them again to order another KIA.

James' info is as follows:
Cell # (720) 355-6870
jamestitchenell@gmail.com
nice thank you, I’ll reach out to James on my next break.

kdstill938

Reaction score
I used Michael at Peak Kia. I know it isn’t James but it has been great dealing with him. 970-545-8378

Zorg

Reaction score
Hi, Just sharing my Telluride Search experience here in South Eastern, Pennsylvania. After search many dealers requesting them to see if they one for test driver or just look at it in person. The dealer at Kia of Coatesville, PA had one to Telluride EX to test drive. We were glad to see it and test drive one. But they were asking $5000 as the market adjustment price (MAP). Kia of West chester, PA was same at $5k MAP and Martin Kia , Newark DE was quoting $4000 MAP.

Kia of Lancaster, PA is taking order at MSRP + $1999 for Exterior and Interior Protection Diamond coating. Their ETA is 5 to 7 months.

G

G-669895

I'm in WA and no stock around here and hearing 6-8 month lead times so started looking out of state so I can buy online and fly to pick-up. Other dealers I've called out of state are quoting 1 year lead time. Looking for Wolf Gray SX Prestige with Nightfall. Found a dealer that has one arriving soon that I can reserve and I'm working on the deal but holy crap the market price adjustment. No way I can justify that.

51060 MSRP
Totally crap Dealer Add-ons quoted that I just said no to
$14995 market adjustment!!

Is that what others are seeing? What should I expect for an out the door prices?
Dea;ers are scum. Search the web and find one that sells at MSRP and have it shipped.

Chrishasyourkeys

Reaction score
I'm in WA and no stock around here and hearing 6-8 month lead times so started looking out of state so I can buy online and fly to pick-up. Other dealers I've called out of state are quoting 1 year lead time. Looking for Wolf Gray SX Prestige with Nightfall. Found a dealer that has one arriving soon that I can reserve and I'm working on the deal but holy crap the market price adjustment. No way I can justify that.

51060 MSRP

Is that what others are seeing? What should I expect for an out the door prices?
My markup is 8k
On any trim
3-4 months on any trim

Lakaiguy

Reaction score
It's actually really simple.

There are people dumb enough to overpay for a product.

The key is, when this is all over, remember which dealers/scumbags like Chrishasyourkeys took part in this price gouging and never buy a product from them.

NCBill

Reaction score
I get a kick out of people that state no markup but you are required to buy fabric protection, paint protection, etc. Where I am from, thats markup. particularly when the pricing of such add ons is double, triple or even more than other providers. Then you have the case of what if you didn't want these add ons? Local dealer has a $10,000 "special package" they add to each Telluride. I call that dealer markup.

Last edited:

Patsfan29

Reaction score

RunDrummerRun

Reaction score
I think out of state purchases are handled via gossett Kia south. We ordered there on 11/16 and car was delivered yesterday. We will pick it next week.
I ordered from Gossett Kia South (Mt. Moriah) about a week ago (SX Gravity Gray w/ Tow). Did they send you any updates during the process or just when the car was ready for pickup?

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Telluride? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

PNWmood

Reaction score

51060 MSRP

I'm in WA too, trust me there is no dealer on the West Coast that will sell you at MSRP or even somewhat close to it. Like many others I ordered from Fowler. Dimitru was great, from order to delivery a little over 4 months.

AKOP

Reaction score

51060 MSRP

Not sure if you already ordered, but regardless, you may want to get in touch with Arapahoe Kia in the Denver, CO area. They are at MSRP, $100 refundable deposit to order, and quoted me 5-7 months. They have a high allotment each month (I believe they are the 10th largest Kia dealer in the nation) and they have a lot of experience with out of state customers. They have also offered to fly me out to pick up my car in writing. Might be worth checking on.