Welcome to our KIA Telluride community!

We're so glad you found us! Please take a moment to register. We'd LOVE to have you!

Register Log in
  • PLEASE NOTE: This is a private community with only a few publicly accessible areas. Please sign up for open access to full level content.

Mood Lighting not available?

mrmac

Reaction score
Ask your selling dealer for the detailed spec sheet for your car. If it isn't in there, you for certain don't have it.

Last edited:

bmonaco

Reaction score
Definitely a mystery.

I'm still leaning towards it being a defect, and not an option that is missing. Stingers are known to have this same exact issue, most Kia spec sheets say it comes standard, I physically see the lights in my doors and above my glove box, and it's not the only thing missing from my vehicle settings options (Drive Mode, Seat/ Steering wheel are not there either) which makes me believe something is disconnected or loose.

Any Kia tech's on this forum yet?

mdevaney

Reaction score
To confirm anyones suspicion call their customer support and ask. They openly say mood lighting is on every telluride. 1 (800) 333-4542 i think the you'll end up pressing 1, #, 5, 1. I've called like 4 times now about this. I have a case manager and they followup but i keep missing their calls. It's annoying.

mrmac

Reaction score
Sure hope so! It is possible. On my stinger, there was a number of features that didn’t appear in my menu options until I had the NAV/Map update done. Apparently that SD Card updated the entire software, as well as the maps....

mdevaney

Reaction score
I heard back from my dealerships service manager, he said that kia Corp. has told him that, even though it says it’s standard it’s not, mood lights are not in my vehicle. But I said back to him “well what are those LED strips in my doors & dash?” He is puzzled. I think kia has no idea what they are doing. Still love the ride. Not sour. But would expect to get money back, i was kinda really excited about them.

CAsuKiHy

Reaction score
This whole release is kind off odd, I never followed any brands (maybe some Ascent), and I’m not familiar. But from what I noticed, first website was limited info, then nobody knows when they’re coming, and then surprise people already buying them, website keeps changing prices, this mood light is clearly showing in web as a standard, maybe tomorrow won’t be there. Dealerships have no clue, it’s a 45k toy that nobody know how is supposed to work. MPG is a puzzle, no crash testing, are those first ones being tested as it goes...

Kamauxx

Reaction score
I heard back from my dealerships service manager, he said that kia Corp. has told him that, even though it says it’s standard it’s not, mood lights are not in my vehicle. But I said back to him “well what are those LED strips in my doors & dash?” He is puzzled. I think kia has no idea what they are doing. Still love the ride. Not sour. But would expect to get money back, i was kinda really excited about them.
So they installed the hardware on all cars (probably to simplify production) but the software is an upgrade. Car makers do dumb things. I'm not surprised.

bmonaco

Reaction score
So they installed the hardware on all cars (probably to simplify production) but the software is an upgrade. Car makers do dumb things. I'm not surprised.
If that were the case, I feel us first owners should get a free upgrade if confirmed it is just a simple software update. BUT, I don't want to jump to conclusions. Let's try to be as patient as possible while they get their stuff in order. I'm still loving ever second of my Telluride, so far. This is just the missing icing on really good cake.

mrmac

Reaction score
If that were the case, I feel us first owners should get a free upgrade if confirmed it is just a simple software update. BUT, I don't want to jump to conclusions. Let's try to be as patient as possible while they get their stuff in order. I'm still loving ever second of my Telluride, so far. This is just the missing icing on really good cake.
Good luck with that!

mrmac

Reaction score
Well on website it says all have 8 colors a and SX is 64. Simple as that. Reason for not having it is up to KIA they should either delete it from their website or correct like they did wit the hitch.
Marketing materials are simply that, nothing more.

Kamauxx

Reaction score
This is reminiscent of the Stinger "scandal" where buyers who opted for 18 inch wheels weren't informed that their top speed would be lowered from 167 to 135 MPH.

#ambientlightsgate

Last edited:

Telluride Forum

Staff member
Reaction score
I was under the impression that all Tellurides would have the 8 color ambient lights and that the optional version was the 64. Perhaps KIA realizes that nobody really cares about the 64 colors and 8 is enough for almost everybody...

Kamauxx

Reaction score
I was under the impression that all Tellurides would have the 8 color ambient lights and that the optional version was the 64. Perhaps KIA realizes that nobody really cares about the 64 colors and 8 is enough for almost everybody...
It's probably not even 64 different colors. It's probably 8 colors with 8 different shades each, similar to the kits sold on Amazon.

Tunes4us

Reaction score
But at least we have seen the Sx version works.
I just heard back from my dealer on the standard ambient lighting. We have been working with tech and Kia..

Just wanted to follow up with you in regards to the ambient lighting issue. Apparently the advertising through Kia is incorrect and the vehicles do not come equipped with that lighting.”

Will talk to Kia on Monday to see what they want to do for me.

Last edited:

Michael santos

Reaction score
I don’t see the option to turn it on in the infotainment screen when I go to where the manual says to turn it on. Seems to be missing as an option for me. I do see the lights in the door and dash...how do I turn these on?!?!?

Anyone else experiencing the same thing? Thinking perhaps the system needs a software update?
I don’t either I have the ex and it’s standard with 8 colors

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.