Welcome to the Ad-Free KIA Telluride Community!

Please register with the BIGGEST and busiest Telluride community online. We'd LOVE to have you! Please note: This is an ADVERTISEMENT FREE community! No advertising is permitted. None.

Register Log in
  • PLEASE NOTE: This is a private community with only a few publicly accessible areas. Please sign up for open access to full level content.

Motor Oil

The Dude

Reaction score
Hey peeps. Do you use the oil that Kia recommends when you go for an oil change? Or do you have a favorite?

Is there break-in oil that needs to be changed shortly after you first start driving the Telluride?

Big T

Reaction score

RebelShadow

Reaction score
You don't need to have your oil changed at the dealership you can have it changed anywhere just make sure you keep your receipts and use the recommended type of oil to maintain the warranty.

Telly requires SAE 5w30 synthetic at least. If you want to keep the GDI engine running great then look for ACEA A5/B5 certification. Pennzoil Ultra Platinum is best on the market and recommended by many High End brands like Ferrari, Dodge Hellcat & Demon, SRT, BMW and others. Pennzoil platinum alter would be another good choice but I can't find whether it has the certification or not but would work in a pinch.

Kia uses Castrol Edge Titanium full synthetic which also has that ACEA certification.

stbentoak

Reaction score
Kia uses Castrol Edge Titanium full synthetic which also has that ACEA certification.
I think Castrol is some of the best oil you can buy, especially Edge Titanium, It is exclusively specified for all newer Jaguar and Land Rover vehicles.....
I use it in 2 of my vehicles currently...

ucinn

Reaction score
OK, found the Manual..it calls for 5w30 (yes, conventional comes in 5w) They recommend ACEA A5 for better fuel economy (found many semi synthetics that meet this spec. But it says you can use ACEA A3 if 5 is not available or GF-3 which many conventional oils meet. So it does not specify full synthetic oil.

ucinn

Reaction score
I'm not telling you to change anything, you keep on doing what you are doing. Just correcting mis information about the Telluride REQUIRING full synthetic oil to keep the warranty intact when it actually does not. That is all. Congrats on your 3 cars and hopefully, you will make it 4.

Michi-Tell

Reaction score
How about the Telluride oil filter? Same as for the Sorento? I like to do my own oil changes. Thx (we have an "S" on order).

Edit: Found the answer fairly deep into another topic in this forum. It's KIA #26320 3CKB0 for those also wondering.

Last edited:

stbentoak

Reaction score
With as cheap as synthetics are today, why is there even an argument about it any longer? For a few dollars more , you get superior life and protection.... I haven't used conventional oil in 10 + years.
Most all of my vehicles go 10K on a change, and analysis proves the oil still has life left even then....

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.