No soliciting permitted.

• In the 1980s and 1990s we used AOL and Usenet. In the 2000s there were forums and message boards. In the 2010s - and until the very near future - social media. Something new is coming for Telluride drivers... Become an early adopter of what's next by SIGNING UP HERE. Your email address will not be sold or used in any way other than us communicating more details as we prepare for launch - and we will not communicate often.

Murray kia order to delivery time

Tell22SX

Weekend Ride
Reaction score
How long did the whole transaction take. I was one of the earlier deliveries fighting for the agreed in writing MSRP just after they bought the dealership from arrival to departure took 6 hours. I think they were hoping I would get so frustrated I would leave. I had 2 witnesses with me for the transaction as I didn’t trust the new group

Floridadawg

Reaction score
How long did the whole transaction take. I was one of the earlier deliveries fighting for the agreed in writing MSRP just after they bought the dealership from arrival to departure took 6 hours. I think they were hoping I would get so frustrated I would leave. I had 2 witnesses with me for the transaction as I didn’t trust the new group

The entire process took about 3 hours. The associate they assigned to me was pretty green, so that slowed it down a bit. The majority of the wait was on the finance department, as there were a few people ahead of me.

They knew I had flown in from Florida, and was not leaving without the car, so maybe that moved it along a bit quicker.

maxq10

Reaction score
6 hours? Did you have a trade-in as well?

I was there at the beginning of May, during their second week of ownership. I was there for about 2.5 hours and I had a trade-in to dealt with as well.

y2kshoo

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I just wanted to provide any information I could, be another data point. I know things have been crazy and it seems like there's been a lot of back and forth.

I spoke on the phone with a Mr. Nick Sette, one of the Sales Managers at Raceway. (I had to call reception, they took my information down, he called me ~30 minutes later)
He confirmed with me my ETA (matches what Stephen last provided) and that Raceway would be honoring all deals with Murray at MSRP. I asked him to send me an email just stating that so I had something on my end, so that's pictured below. Email also there if anyone else needs to reach out.

View attachment 26645

I know, from that Facebook post, they'd been backpedaling and saying that orders placed before January 15th would be honored, but Nick did not mention any specific dates in regard to that. Granted, my order was placed in November and picked up some time in April (I want to say before the sale), so I'm not sure how valuable this information will be to others. My order details are in my signature below.
Also, I emailed 'orders@racewaykiapia.com' because that's what the person running the Facebook page said to do, but I got no response. The receptionist didn't even know this email existed. Lol

Sorry to anyone that's been screwed over by them. Best of luck to everyone.

Hey all,

Just circling back on this to provide some more detail.

I had been in contact with Nick since then, and he let me know when my Telluride arrived a few days earlier, so I was able to pick it up yesterday.
They honored MSRP from the get-go, so my initial facts sheet came out with the vehicle priced accordingly.

The entire process took 4 hours for me in total, and I got there as soon as the dealership opened at 9am. From what I saw, I was one of two customers there for awhile, but I was definitely first. I did have a trade-in, and they lowballed me pretty hard, so we spent some time going back and forth on that. Outside of that, I really don't know what took them so long. I reside in NY, so maybe the out-of-state paperwork?

Same note about financing - I had my own prepared, which came out lower than their rates, but they said they're requiring their financing. Didn't push back much on it, will be re-financing.

Overall, I'll say the service was good.
The only thing I would've knocked off points for was that, during our back-and-forth about the trade-in value, the sales manager wanted to keep it low and kept speaking as if he was doing me a favor by keeping the vehicle at MSRP.
There's a lot to say about that, both for and against them, but I'll just say that left a bad taste in my mouth.

When I was speaking with Nick in person, he did say Raceway would be honoring all Murray deals (also not forgetting to add that he claims they're really losing money on those deals).
Good luck to everyone. A big thank you to everyone who's been involved along the way!

Last edited:

rockadile

Reaction score
4-6 hours is ridiculous. Why can't they start getting everything ready early? It's not like they have a ton of vehicles on the lot that they're selling. :p That time suck would be enough for me to find another dealer.

How bad was the financing?

y2kshoo

Reaction score
4-6 hours is ridiculous. Why can't they start getting everything ready early? It's not like they have a ton of vehicles on the lot that they're selling. :p That time suck would be enough for me to find another dealer.

How bad was the financing?

Haha you're totally right about that. They knew I was coming in at that time too.

5.74% for 60mo. at 795 credit with BofA.

Tiger65

Reaction score
Its great that they now are honoring msrp, but i cannot get a call back to find out where i am on the list. I was 25th back at the beginning of April. Called a dozen times

stavesacre03

Reaction score
They claim they are losing money selling at MSRP, which is $2,000 over invoice? LMAO.

rockadile

Reaction score
By their logic (and some Allentown Kia math), they could be charging a 10k markup so they are losing money...:LOL:

3Rivers

Reaction score
They claim they are losing money selling at MSRP, which is $2,000 over invoice? LMAO.
Obviously not a loss in the strict sense of the term, meaning that costs exceed revenue from the transaction. But many businesses, not just auto dealerships, think of "leaving money on the table" as a kind of loss. I.e., they have lost potential revenue by not turning the customer upside down and shaking him/her until every last penny falls out. A dealer thinks, "Why should I sell this Telluride at sticker for $50k, when the customer can then turn around and sell it for $55k to Carvana, which will then sell it to some schmoe for $60k?" In the dealer's mind, that entire possible revenue stream "belongs" to the dealer, and if the only way to realize the revenue is to jack up the initial purchase price sky high, so be it.

Tell22SX

Weekend Ride
Reaction score
Hey all,

Just circling back on this to provide some more detail.

I had been in contact with Nick since then, and he let me know when my Telluride arrived a few days earlier, so I was able to pick it up yesterday.
They honored MSRP from the get-go, so my initial facts sheet came out with the vehicle priced accordingly.

The entire process took 4 hours for me in total, and I got there as soon as the dealership opened at 9am. From what I saw, I was one of two customers there for awhile, but I was definitely first. I did have a trade-in, and they lowballed me pretty hard, so we spent some time going back and forth on that. Outside of that, I really don't know what took them so long. I reside in NY, so maybe the out-of-state paperwork?

Same note about financing - I had my own prepared, which came out lower than their rates, but they said they're requiring their financing. Didn't push back much on it, will be re-financing.

Overall, I'll say the service was good.
The only thing I would've knocked off points for was that, during our back-and-forth about the trade-in value, the sales manager wanted to keep it low and kept speaking as if he was doing me a favor by keeping the vehicle at MSRP.
There's a lot to say about that, both for and against them, but I'll just say that left a bad taste in my mouth.

When I was speaking with Nick in person, he did say Raceway would be honoring all Murray deals (also not forgetting to add that he claims they're really losing money on those deals).
Good luck to everyone. A big thank you to everyone who's been involved along the way!
At least you finally got out of there. It’s an old tactic to wear you out so you concede. Consider yourself lucky I spent over 6 hours there. Hard to comprehend who on the executive team has a degree in marketing or is successful at building up a client base and referral network due to customer service and the customer experience.

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Telluride? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

jmk5217

Reaction score
Its great that they now are honoring msrp, but i cannot get a call back to find out where i am on the list. I was 25th back at the beginning of April. Called a dozen times
I called several times, sad to say they haven’t called me back either. I’m gonna buy the car from them if it gets here in time. I also wrote an inquiry to Kia to get more info about production and allocation processes and haven’t gotten anything in return.

The shame of it is, that I was excited about getting this car. I’ve never been so displeased in my consumer lifetime about an experience.

maxq10

Reaction score
I called several times, sad to say they haven’t called me back either. I’m gonna buy the car from them if it gets here in time. I also wrote an inquiry to Kia to get more info about production and allocation processes and haven’t gotten anything in return.

The shame of it is, that I was excited about getting this car. I’ve never been so displeased in my consumer lifetime about an experience.
I can't believe you haven't heard anything yet. You ordered only a week after I did.

Did you get the prestige package with your SX? I see a SX that hit Failcat on 5/25 with Ebony Black/Gray colors...but it has the prestige package.

y2kshoo

Reaction score
nsette@racewaykiapa.com - Nick Sette, Sales Manager
charmon@racewaykiapa.com - Chris Harmon, Sales Associate

These are the emails of the two salespeople I worked with at Raceway on Monday.
The only suggestion I have to offer those who haven't heard anything would be to email these two.

jmk5217

Reaction score
I can't believe you haven't heard anything yet. You ordered only a week after I did.

Did you get the prestige package with your SX? I see a SX that hit Failcat on 5/25 with Ebony Black/Gray colors...but it has the prestige package.
Ha! I’ve been checking frequently and keep seeing that car too, thought it was ours at first but no. We didn’t get the prestige package on our order, but I pushed today to speak with someone. This car was available for us as far as I was told, @ msrp. It’s scheduled to arrive 6/24.

If they try to charge us over msrp, I’ll lose my mind. We didn’t order the prestige package because we didn’t think it added much value. But we’re willing to pay for the prestige package (@msrp) if it means we can get our car sooner. Part of me wants to believe they want to be done dealing with our order, and had this allocated without a specific pre order to fill.

Tell22SX

Weekend Ride
Reaction score
Good luck. Get prepared.

min2me

Reaction score
Ha! I’ve been checking frequently and keep seeing that car too, thought it was ours at first but no. We didn’t get the prestige package on our order, but I pushed today to speak with someone. This car was available for us as far as I was told, @ msrp. It’s scheduled to arrive 6/24.

If they try to charge us over msrp, I’ll lose my mind. We didn’t order the prestige package because we didn’t think it added much value. But we’re willing to pay for the prestige package (@msrp) if it means we can get our car sooner. Part of me wants to believe they want to be done dealing with our order, and had this allocated without a specific pre order to fill.
Did you get the car?

Navalbrat

Reaction score
Ok. Took delivery of my Wolf Grey SX Prestige with Nightfall and tow. They were very good. Honored the MSRP sale price. They were great with the financing. They were able to get me a good rate. My husband and I are both over 800 so I was not worried. They even gave me a good price on the wrap around Warranty and the tire warranty. I stayed in contact with my salesman after seeing stuff on here and Jeff was really good about keeping me in the loop. I hope it works out for the others. Good luck everyone!!