No soliciting permitted.

Register Log in

My sister backed our 3 week old Telly into a telephone pole 😭

BernerMom

Reaction score
She's completely devastated and I'm upset but I'm also completely aware that stuff happens. The insurance company has been GREAT so far. Accident happened today @12p and by 430p I already have a "rough" estimate for repairs. Just have to get it to a shop Monday to start that end of the process. I just hope 🤞 it doesn't take too long to get parts.

Jason Fox

AUTHORIZED DEALER
Reaction score
She's completely devastated and I'm upset but I'm also completely aware that stuff happens. The insurance company has been GREAT so far. Accident happened today @12p and by 430p I already have a "rough" estimate for repairs. Just have to get it to a shop Monday to start that end of the process. I just hope 🤞 it doesn't take too long to get parts.
Could she not see a pole on the back-up camera? Ouch. Parts are scarce right now. Will it need a new bumper and rear hatch? Best of Luck!

BernerMom

Reaction score
Could she not see a pole on the back-up camera? Ouch. Parts are scarce right now. Will it need a new bumper and rear hatch? Best of Luck!
The camera was dirty with a combination of just not being familiar with the car and it was icy out... Recipe for disaster. Yes, it'll be a new bumper and rear hatch. Hopefully nothing more internally was damaged but that'll be unknown until it's looked at closely. ☹☹☹

Jason Fox

AUTHORIZED DEALER
Reaction score
The camera was dirty with a combination of just not being familiar with the car and it was icy out... Recipe for disaster. Yes, it'll be a new bumper and rear hatch. Hopefully nothing more internally was damaged but that'll be unknown until it's looked at closely. ☹☹☹
As bad as I feel for you and your Telluride, I almost feel worse for her...almost :)
Rule #1 never let anyone touch the Telluride.

BernerMom

Reaction score
As bad as I feel for you and your Telluride, I almost feel worse for her...almost :)
I feel awful for her too. She was sick telling me. Poor girl

LVP

Reaction score
Chauffeur LVP it is!
He used to ride in the second row seats and watch movies until we got to the check point Germany/Poland at which time he would come up front so the guard wouldn't think he was making me drive while he sat in the back and watched movies, which is exactly what he was doing :) If I'm being fair, I can drive from any seat in the car so I may as well go ahead and get in the seat with the steering wheel from the very beginning and give everyone a break from following my directions :)

Jason Fox

AUTHORIZED DEALER
Reaction score
He used to ride in the second row seats and watch movies until we got to the check point Germany/Poland at which time he would come up front so the guard wouldn't think he was making me drive while he sat in the back and watched movies, which is exactly what he was doing :) If I'm being fair, I can drive from any seat in the car so I may as well go ahead and get in the seat with the steering wheel from the very beginning and give everyone a break from following my directions :)
Slowly raises hand.... Calling shotgun. 😎

Tellmeride

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
When backing into something, it should be beeping like crazy and your steering wheel vibrate. How does she STILL back into a pole with all this warning?

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Telluride? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

Chasfitter

Reaction score
This is why I am so happy my wife is afraid to drive our T-Ride... All screw-ups are mine. Knock on wood...so far so good.
I’m in the same boat here my wife is overwhelmed with all the gadgets 😂

JonFar111

Reaction score
I agree with @Tellmeride - the Telly really screams at ya!

FLASHBACKS! Way back when, my son hopped into mom's Sienna parked in the garage. Three rear view mirrors including the two humongous side mirrors. He started the car and immediately backed into grandma and grandpa's car - he t-boned it!
He was crying and saying over and over again, "I couldn't see it!!"
Ours is not to ask why.
Ours is to pull out the credit card and pay the insurance policy deductible...

Nemesis04

Reaction score
Does the Telluride have the feature where the brakes are applied automatically when potentially hitting an obstacle in reverse?

Sorry about your unfortunate accident, at three weeks nobody would be allowed to breath near it let alone get in and drive it if that was me.

john678

Reaction score
I'm surprised that a new model like the Telluride fails to offer rear automatic emergency braking, which is standard on all Subarus. That's a fundamental safety omission. The headlights are also inferior to those on the top trim Subaru Ascent. Even on the SX, Telluride headlights do not get a Good rating from the IIHS.