No soliciting permitted.

• Need to track your Telluride? Don't start a new post in the lounge - CLICK HERE!

Narrowing choices; haven't ordered yet

Tortellini

Reaction score
I've done lots of research on these forums and decided it was high-time to sign up. My wife and I have test driven an EX, done plenty of research, and we're in the final steps of making trim and option decisions before we take the deep dive and attempt to place a factory order. We have a dog, so we've been toying with the idea of getting an EX with 2nd row bench, but these are nearly impossible to find in the Portland/Vancouver area. The only ones I've found (in LX or EX) are already pre-sold--and all we really want to do is to test the seat to see if we'd even consider it. If it's a no-go, then we may move to considering the SX. On ordering, I was surprised to be told by two dealers that they do not take factory orders. I thought all dealers could and would. We haven't purchased a new car since 1999, so this is all a very interesting learning experience!

dznyfan4778

Reaction score
Look at the post on the Good dealers. There are a bunch of good honest dealers all over still taking orders. We love the bench seat. Our 4 Miniature Schnauzers also love it on road trips between FL & NJ. We bought a rear seat sling-type cover from Costco and it filled the backseat front to back and side to side. We put 3 big pillows in the sling and they are really comfortable. The seats are great for people too.

270303787_259897502924210_7776468897847737273_n.jpg

Last edited:

Telluride Forum

Staff member
Reaction score
I've done lots of research on these forums and decided it was high-time to sign up. My wife and I have test driven an EX, done plenty of research, and we're in the final steps of making trim and option decisions before we take the deep dive and attempt to place a factory order. We have a dog, so we've been toying with the idea of getting an EX with 2nd row bench, but these are nearly impossible to find in the Portland/Vancouver area. The only ones I've found (in LX or EX) are already pre-sold--and all we really want to do is to test the seat to see if we'd even consider it. If it's a no-go, then we may move to considering the SX. On ordering, I was surprised to be told by two dealers that they do not take factory orders. I thought all dealers could and would. We haven't purchased a new car since 1999, so this is all a very interesting learning experience!
Welcome aboard! And thank you for signing up. I'm glad you found us. I hope you find your Telluride soon! What will it be replacing for you?

Tortellini

Reaction score
Welcome aboard! And thank you for signing up. I'm glad you found us. I hope you find your Telluride soon! What will it be replacing for you?
Believe it or not, the Telluride will replace our decaying 2000 Honda Odyssey!

Just got back from our 1st sit-down meeting with a dealer near Portland. Thought I'd waltz right in and enter a factory order @MSRP (was prepared with my build sheet and factory order steps). They said they don't treat factory orders any different--same $6k (EX) and $8k (SX) markups. It simply takes a slot in their very limited allocations, so there's no benefit to them giving one of their slots away w/no markup. I appreciated the honesty (we weren't there for long). I guess I didn't do my research on factory orders in the NW. Now it makes sense why Salem and Vancouver dealers said they don't take factory orders. I'm very familiar with the supply/demand issues--but maybe just didn't realize how bad things really are. That Odyssey might just have to limp along a lot longer. ☹️

JRebel

Reaction score
Believe it or not, the Telluride will replace our decaying 2000 Honda Odyssey!

Just got back from our 1st sit-down meeting with a dealer near Portland. Thought I'd waltz right in and enter a factory order @MSRP (was prepared with my build sheet and factory order steps). They said they don't treat factory orders any different--same $6k (EX) and $8k (SX) markups. It simply takes a slot in their very limited allocations, so there's no benefit to them giving one of their slots away w/no markup. I appreciated the honesty (we weren't there for long). I guess I didn't do my research on factory orders in the NW. Now it makes sense why Salem and Vancouver dealers said they don't take factory orders. I'm very familiar with the supply/demand issues--but maybe just didn't realize how bad things really are. That Odyssey might just have to limp along a lot longer. ☹️
Good luck on your future purchase. The members here will help you figure out which dealer will be best for your situation. I ordered from a dealer in Colorado because the same thing was happening in NorCal (no orders and big mark up). I waited a few months and my purchase details are below.

Tortellini

Reaction score
Good luck on your future purchase. The members here will help you figure out which dealer will be best for your situation. I ordered from a dealer in Colorado because the same thing was happening in NorCal (no orders and big mark up). I waited a few months and my purchase details are below.
Thanks for the tip! I've seen a number of posts on i25 Colorado, and it sounds like everyone so far has had positive experiences with them. I'm assuming yours was as well since you took delivery. Were you ever concerned about shipment--is it any different than how these would ship from the plant in Georgia to a dealer here on the West Coast? Any other issues/concerns to be aware of or consider?

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Telluride? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

JRebel

Reaction score
Thanks for the tip! I've seen a number of posts on i25 Colorado, and it sounds like everyone so far has had positive experiences with them. I'm assuming yours was as well since you took delivery. Were you ever concerned about shipment--is it any different than how these would ship from the plant in Georgia to a dealer here on the West Coast? Any other issues/concerns to be aware of or consider?
No concern because others before me had shared their good experiences. I choose covered transport because it was a few hundred more but meant the vehicle arrived perfect. They even sent a walk around video just before it was loaded.

nightfall your telluride
Get your luxury badges right here in the Telluride forum store
Kia Telluride Clubs
Protect your vehicle from code scanners