No soliciting permitted.

Register Log in

Need guidance on pricing.

Wap52

Black Copper SXP AWD Dune Brown with Towing
Reaction score
California still sucks for getting a good Telluride deal - especially on an SX-P. Other areas have had much more relief - maybe it's all that sunshine tax we pay. The SX-P markups are still holding in the $3k-$7k range (which is actually down), the non -P markups are going down. Dealers are starting wane on markups as lot inventory is going up.

If you're intent on an SX-P, I'd just order through Jason - he'll give you a fair price, you'll get in line and wait awhile, but you'll still save a few grand vs the markup even after cross-country delivery. Another option is to consider the SX. SX-P drives an extra $4k into the sticker ($2k for the AWD which comes with a potential vibration issue, and $2k for options that as I see it, aren't worth it). The SX trim is really starting to show up on California lots in quantity now and the markup on those has been going down much faster - even to the point of approaching MSRP with heavy negotiation (and it's already at MSRP if you order - but not going below that yet that I've been able to find).

If you can wait and want the SX-P, just order through Jason at Muncie. If you can't, consider the SX trim level and negotiate hard down to close-to-MSRP as seriously, you're in San Jose, wtf do you really need AWD for anyways? You're not likely to get far on an SX-P. If you go buy above MSRP tomorrow for the SX-P, then I'd argue, you're just part of the problem (sorry.... :( )

Hope that helps. FWIW, I track all Kia Telluride inventory daily similar to how the guy does in the stats thread...but I also have been trending inventory, location allotment, and time to sell so these aren't just guts..they're based on data (turned in to a fun programming assignment for my son...)
I tend to disagree with you sir on the extra 2k options. Each to his own but the HUD along to me is worth the 2k. BTW to get a Black Copper AWD SXP with towing and Brown dune seat you have to make it SX-P/ Move to Texas and get some good prices. but be sure you have a MAGA hat when you enter. LOL

amypet

Reaction score
I'm going in to a dealer today to discuss purchasing the EX that we put a down payment on. My strategy is to offer to pay MRSP but not a penny more (fees-taxes included). We're also trading in our 2016 Tundra CrewMax. Do you think this is a futile strategy? Help! I've got only 3hrs before I'm sitting in front of a sales person
How did it go, BernerMom? Did you get the Telluride?

TxAggie

Telluride Junkie
Reaction score
Move to Texas and get some good prices.
Untrue statement...We are having the same issues here in Texas. Many dealers are marking up the SXP by $10,000. The only sure bet is to contact Jason at Kia of Muncie!

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Telluride? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

amypet

Reaction score
Yes we did! Paid MRSP plus tax. That was it. Very happy with our EX premium package. 2 things that will be upgraded are the rims and headlights. Headlights first
Congratulations! It’s looking like we’ll need to wait for a bit for the sx-p we want. :(