No soliciting permitted.

• In the 1980s and 1990s we used AOL and Usenet. In the 2000s there were forums and message boards. In the 2010s - and until the very near future - social media. Something new is coming for Telluride drivers... Become an early adopter of what's next by SIGNING UP HERE. Your email address will not be sold or used in any way other than us communicating more details as we prepare for launch - and we will not communicate often.

Need some expert help about a 2022 Telluride AWD propeller shaft

mmartin1965

Reaction score
I have posted here before about my vibration at highway speeds of 65/75. It has been in the shop three times. Today they called and said it seems to be fixed. I asked how and they said they have removed the propeller shaft. I asked if it was going to be replaced they said no it is really not needed. My thoughts are it now is a FWD and not a AWD

gavi0010

Reaction score
um if they actually removed your driveshaft then yes, you now own a FWD vehicle. Hard to believe a shop would do that as an option to solve a vibration problem. Go under your car and look to see if there is a large cylindrical shaft running from your transfer case to rear differential. I couldn't find a great pic but the thing circled in red below. This kind of fix would be equivalent to cutting off your leg because your toe hurt.... Screen Shot 2022-05-18 at 2.28.48 PM.jpg

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Telluride? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

SC300ES

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
That would be them taking a lot of liberties to fix your car and is unacceptable. If that is what they did.

Husker Soze

Staff member
Reaction score
The service advisor/manager should be able to explain in detail what they have done to fix it.

I would start with them first since they have first hand knowledge on what was done to fix your issue.

mmartin1965

Reaction score
So just to update yes I am driving it now without the propeller shaft and no vibration. The service manager did not understand the tech. Part of the TSB is to remove the propeller shaft and to replace if vibtriaon is gone. He said I can drive it for now because the part will take 3 weeks.

gavi0010

Reaction score
That makes much more sense.

mmartin1965

Reaction score
I have my new propeller shaft in and no more vibration at highway speeds
Well I thought no vibration but after a long highway trip it’s still there

Wee

Reaction score
Starting to think there may be numerous parts at play here that Kia hasn't been able to nail down what the issue is that causes the vibration/trembling. They've tried multiple diff things with my vehicle and they can't/won't settle on what the issue is.