Welcome to the Ad-Free KIA Telluride Community!

Please register with the BIGGEST and busiest Telluride community online. We'd LOVE to have you! Please note: This is an ADVERTISEMENT FREE community! No advertising is permitted. None.

Register Log in
  • PLEASE NOTE: This is a private community with only a few publicly accessible areas. Please sign up for open access to full level content.

New 19" wheels on my EX AWD Everlasting Silver

dngo27

Reaction score
fellow riders,

got my new wheels on last night. they are American Racing AR928 Gloss Black from tirerack. i think they match the character of Telly perfectly. the specs are 19x8.5, with a 40 offset. i am running a 245/55/19 tire that matches the stock tire height exactly.

loving the look, pics actually dont do it justice, the whole setup looks premium in person.

cmoses

Reaction score
Nice look. Interesting you went 19" which is between the two stock sizes of 18" and 20". Looks similar to the 20" design.

dngo27

Reaction score
Nice look. Interesting you went 19" which is between the two stock sizes of 18" and 20". Looks similar to the 20" design.
Yeah, i didnt want to go to a 20 since i would lose more sidewall 'meat'. 19's was the perfect balance for me.

dngo27

Reaction score
Looks great , what tire is that ? what are you doing with the OEM wheels and tires ???
its the goodyear assurance weatherready. its a superb tire that's actually severe snow certified. only like 10% of all-season tires are severe snow certified. on tirerack, its currently ranked 2nd out of 53 grand touring tires. i tested these tires in snow a few months ago on my old mdx, and they lived up to its billing, easily climbing snow packed roads. i had only driven like 4k miles on them so i definitely wanted to carry them over.

my original tire/wheel set is resting nicely in my garage.

Btw, i can confirm that the TPMS sensors are auto-learning. i had to drive about 5 minutes when the car picked up all the sensors and pressures.

westcoastTelly

Reaction score
its the goodyear assurance weatherready. its a superb tire that's actually severe snow certified. only like 10% of all-season tires are severe snow certified. on tirerack, its currently ranked 2nd out of 53 grand touring tires. i tested these tires in snow a few months ago on my old mdx, and they lived up to its billing, easily climbing snow packed roads. i had only driven like 4k miles on them so i definitely wanted to carry them over.

my original tire/wheel set is resting nicely in my garage.

Btw, i can confirm that the TPMS sensors are auto-learning. i had to drive about 5 minutes when the car picked up all the sensors and pressures.
So you must have spent 1500-2000 K on your new set up , and you are keeping the OEM set up ?? Are you going to sell them ??

dngo27

Reaction score
So you must have spent 1500-2000 K on your new set up , and you are keeping the OEM set up ?? Are you going to sell them ??
new wheels were $800, tpms sensors were $249. i had previously paid for tires. installation of the tires was $120.

so in i total, i spent $1169. i choose the EX, knowing that i can re-use still like new tires. i now have a similar vehicle to the SX now but with 8 seats. The SX's captains chairs was a deal breaker for me. the only feature that i really would have wanted is the LED lowbeams of the SX.

i am gonna garage the stock set. whenever i trade/sell the car, i'll just put the stock set back on. easy peasy. when i appraised my mdx at carmax, the value with stock wheels was plus $1500!

Mountain Man

Reaction score
Wow- that looks so nice! Is there a noticable difference in the extra 1" of width on them from the stock 7.5" visually or how they feel when driving?

dngo27

Reaction score
Wow- that looks so nice! Is there a noticable difference in the extra 1" of width on them from the stock 7.5" visually or how they feel when driving?
Thanks!

On a 8.5” width wheel, the 245 tire looks less stretched, so yeah it looks better. This 19” wheel/tire combo rides just as smooth as before according to my memory lol!

A lower profile tire like the ones used with the 20” wheels look slightly out of place on a boxy looking ‘suv’ type of vehicle. Hope this helps!

westcoastTelly

Reaction score

Jasondorin

Reaction score
Late comment - but agree the black rims look fantastic. Can you confirm what wheels those are? I am looking to do the same for my Moss Green EX, but I want to keep the 18' and sell my rims...only 700 miles and are perfect, but have no idea how to sell them...wish Kia would have some kind of trade in for used OEM parts

westcoastTelly

Reaction score
Late comment - but agree the black rims look fantastic. Can you confirm what wheels those are? I am looking to do the same for my Moss Green EX, but I want to keep the 18' and sell my rims...only 700 miles and are perfect, but have no idea how to sell them...wish Kia would have some kind of trade in for used OEM parts
Craigslist works well for auto parts or here in the classified section

dngo27

Reaction score
I got 19” wheels and tires as described in my original post. If you wanna use the existing 18” tire then you would need a 18” wheel. You want a 18” wheel correct?

Jasondorin

Reaction score
I got 19” wheels and tires as described in my original post. If you wanna use the existing 18” tire then you would need a 18” wheel. You want a 18” wheel correct?
Yes correct. I was curious to the brand to see if they made them in 18 inch, but I found it on your original post. I checked and they are not available in my area (NJ) it seems. I will keep looking. Still debating what to do as I would need to be able to sell my current rims that came with the EX. Thanks!

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.