No soliciting permitted.

New 2022 kia Telluride SX Nightfall with pricing

LiquidUte

Reaction score
Thanks for the video. He mentioned the car is on Michelin Primacy *LTX.* tires. I think this is a change from the Primacy Tour A/S that were OE on the 2021 AWD models. According to tire rack it looks like the LTX is a new tire but has the same specs and warranty as the Tour A/S. The tour A/S may be being discontinued? They are about the same price on tire rack for the two different models.

Abbeygirl1

Reaction score
Thanks for the video. He mentioned the car is on Michelin Primacy *LTX.* tires. I think this is a change from the Primacy Tour A/S that were OE on the 2021 AWD models. According to tire rack it looks like the LTX is a new tire but has the same specs and warranty as the Tour A/S. The tour A/S may be being discontinued? They are about the same price on tire rack for the two different models.
You guys are on your “A” game. So I had a response to the video that my car has an AGM style battery and that the security lug nut is silver instead of black. Thanks for commenting and catching the differences.

iLikeTacos

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Take it out on the highway and get it up to 75. Let us know if you feel any vibration in the floor board or the gas pedal. Looks nice! Not a fan of that new emblem though.

Abbeygirl1

Reaction score
Take it out on the highway and get it up to 75. Let us know if you feel any vibration in the floor board or the gas pedal. Looks nice! Not a fan of that new emblem though.
Hmmm. Is this a known issue in the telluride? If yours is doing this? If so can you give some specifics like year, mileage and tire make as well as tire pressure? Also have you had your car looked at by the dealer and if so we’re they able to replicate the issue and what did they say the problem might be? As far as the emblem goes, I’ll be fixing that soon. Look for a video on that this weekend.

iLikeTacos

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Hmmm. Is this a known issue in the telluride? If yours is doing this? If so can you give some specifics like year, mileage and tire make as well as tire pressure? Also have you had your car looked at by the dealer and if so we’re they able to replicate the issue and what did they say the problem might be?
It’s a known issue but as of now no dealership or techline has successfully remedied it. They tried rear diff, prop shafts, couplings, transfer case, still nothing. They have had mine for 96 days. 2020 SX AWD prestige package. It’s not tires, they already swapped with brand new rims and tires off 2021 Telluride to check that off the list. It’s a strange grinding vibration when you get around 75. Mine was more intense if I was banking a turn on the interstate even a little. Hopefully you don’t not experience it. Just search the forums or my posts and you kind find threads about it. Palisade had the same issue since they are same platform.

Abbeygirl1

Reaction score
It’s a known issue but as of now no dealership or techline has successfully remedied it. They tried rear diff, prop shafts, couplings, transfer case, still nothing. They have had mine for 96 days. 2020 SX AWD prestige package. It’s not tires, they already swapped with brand new rims and tires off 2021 Telluride to check that off the list. It’s a strange grinding vibration when you get around 75. Mine was more intense if I was banking a turn on the interstate even a little. Hopefully you don’t not experience it. Just search the forums or my posts and you kind find threads about it. Palisade had the same issue since they are same platform.
Just thinking out loud but is it a wheel bearing or bearing around the output shaft on the transmission where the drive shaft exits the transmission. The turning with vibration would make me think more of a defective wheel bearing as there is increased load on it while turning but I’m not a mechanic. Also why don’t they buy the car back under the lemon law. I think your being too patient.

iLikeTacos

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Just thinking out loud but is it a wheel bearing or bearing around the output shaft on the transmission where the drive shaft exits the transmission. The turning with vibration would make me think more of a defective wheel bearing as there is increased load on it while turning but I’m not a mechanic. Also why don’t they buy the car back under the lemon law. I think your being too patient.
They checked all wheel bearings twice. The output shaft bearing I haven’t heard about though, that’s an idea I’ll share with them. Lemon Law in my state doesn’t apply since my mileage is over. I have 27ish and it’s 24k with lemon law. I did actually hear from them tonight and they are sending me a buy back letter to my email tomorrow. I asked her questions and I can already say for certain they are trying to F me. Current mileage divided by 100,000 then multiply that by purchase price. That’s what they take off. I can sell it on Carvana or CarMax for way more and the dealership offers more than that too! My rough estimate would put this 2020 AWD SX Prestige for like 34k buy back based on the info she did provide. Yeah right. That’s basically saying hey we will just take it back and you walk away with nothing. I’ll share tomorrow when I get the info and I hope I’m way off and it’s acceptable.

Socal949

Reaction score
They checked all wheel bearings twice. The output shaft bearing I haven’t heard about though, that’s an idea I’ll share with them. Lemon Law in my state doesn’t apply since my mileage is over. I have 27ish and it’s 24k with lemon law. I did actually hear from them tonight and they are sending me a buy back letter to my email tomorrow. I asked her questions and I can already say for certain they are trying to F me. Current mileage divided by 100,000 then multiply that by purchase price. That’s what they take off. I can sell it on Carvana or CarMax for way more and the dealership offers more than that too! My rough estimate would put this 2020 AWD SX Prestige for like 34k buy back based on the info she did provide. Yeah right. That’s basically saying hey we will just take it back and you walk away with nothing. I’ll share tomorrow when I get the info and I hope I’m way off and it’s acceptable.
Keeping an eye on this. Definitely will love to know what they say and what is the end result.

iLikeTacos

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Keeping an eye on this. Definitely will love to know what they say and what is the end result.
They sent me an offer letter. They will buy it back for purchase price minus mileage and rebate. I paid $47,255. Mileage reduction is mileage/100,000 multiplied by purchase price. Mileage is 27,626. That comes out to $31,570.06. For reference Carvana offered me $46,499. So three options:

Option 1 - Replace it with comparable Telluride but no details provided on what that means. Is it a 2021 or 2022? Same package and options? Color? I would be responsible to pay half of the mileage deduction which is roughly $6,500 out of pocket. Cashiers check only, due to delivering dealer. My loan stays the same since this is just a substitution of collateral. I owe roughly $22,100 with 36 payments left. If you do quick math, Im losing about 5k vs being able to sell to Carvana and buy a new comparable 2021 per Kia's website and my knowledge of taxes, title, license, etc.
Option 2 - Buy Back at $31,570.06
Option 3 - Pay me $2000 as a sort of rebate on the payments Ive made (made 4 so its not doesn't even cover them). They call it good faith. I would continue to let them replace crap until it works again. If I accepted I can't file another claim if its not fixed. Im just screwed at that point. Remember that my case has been open since February and they have physically had my vehicle since March 12th and have not gained any traction on fixing it since then. Replaced about everything except the transmission and rear differential at this point.
Option 4 - Reach out to BBB Auto Line and go through the courts to get a better offer for buy back, etc.

Im open to thoughts from anyone that wants to share what they would do in my shoes.

arattle

Solutions
Reaction score
They sent me an offer letter. They will buy it back for purchase price minus mileage and rebate. I paid $47,255. Mileage reduction is mileage/100,000 multiplied by purchase price. Mileage is 27,626. That comes out to $31,570.06. For reference Carvana offered me $46,499. So three options:

Option 1 - Replace it with comparable Telluride but no details provided on what that means. Is it a 2021 or 2022? Same package and options? Color? I would be responsible to pay half of the mileage deduction which is roughly $6,500 out of pocket. Cashiers check only, due to delivering dealer. My loan stays the same since this is just a substitution of collateral. I owe roughly $22,100 with 36 payments left. If you do quick math, Im losing about 5k vs being able to sell to Carvana and buy a new comparable 2021 per Kia's website and my knowledge of taxes, title, license, etc.
Option 2 - Buy Back at $31,570.06
Option 3 - Pay me $2000 as a sort of rebate on the payments Ive made (made 4 so its not doesn't even cover them). They call it good faith. I would continue to let them replace crap until it works again. If I accepted I can't file another claim if its not fixed. Im just screwed at that point. Remember that my case has been open since February and they have physically had my vehicle since March 12th and have not gained any traction on fixing it since then. Replaced about everything except the transmission and rear differential at this point.
Option 4 - Reach out to BBB Auto Line and go through the courts to get a better offer for buy back, etc.

Im open to thoughts from anyone that wants to share what they would do in my shoes.
I would take the 2k, order a new one immediately and sell to Carvana. You may be able to even pay a premium for a car on the lot, and basically have a brand new car for the same money.

Brohio

Reaction score
I would take the 2k, order a new one immediately and sell to Carvana. You may be able to even pay a premium for a car on the lot, and basically have a brand new car for the same money.
Sucks for the next guy that gets it up to 75 though.

Abbeygirl1

Reaction score
So I finally got to take the new car on a road trip. Got The car up to 80 and had cruise set on 74. I experienced no vibration. Did yours manifest from day one of ownership. Also what did you end up doing with the car? By the way, per the mpg calculator on the car, the car returned 26.7 mpg on the highway.

yamahamt07

Reaction score
Anybody know why all the linked videos on this forum say "This Video Is Unavailable" and I can't watch them here? I tried different browers and it's all the same. Clearly everyone else can view the videos but I'm getting that.....".Video Unavailable." .......Frustrating. Thank you.

Abbeygirl1

Reaction score
Anybody know why all the linked videos on this forum say "This Video Is Unavailable" and I can't watch them here? I tried different browers and it's all the same. Clearly everyone else can view the videos but I'm getting that.....".Video Unavailable." .......Frustrating. Thank you.
Yes I just noticed that. Go to YouTube and search for my channel. The channel is called Did I Fix That? I have some videos about the Kia and Porsche 911 stuff.

yamahamt07

Reaction score
Yes I just noticed that. Go to YouTube and search for my channel. The channel is called Did I Fix That? I have some videos about the Kia and Porsche 911 stuff.
So are you getting the same message on videos?......."Not available" or is it just me? Thanks

Abbeygirl1

Reaction score
So are you getting the same message on videos?......."Not available" or is it just me? Thanks
Yes I was getting the same problem on this forum but not on YouTube. Here’s a link to the video. Hope it helps. I also have videos on how to fix the horrible new emblems.

Abbeygirl1

Reaction score
Yes I was getting the same problem on this forum but not on YouTube. Here’s a link to the video. Hope it helps. I also have videos on how to fix the horrible new emblems.
Crap it’s doing the same thing When I reposted the link. I don’t know why it’s doing this. Just go to YouTube and search for my channel. Sorry.

yamahamt07

Reaction score
Crap it’s doing the same thing When I reposted the link. I don’t know why it’s doing this. Just go to YouTube and search for my channel. Sorry.
I went to your channel and it's great. I may even try and change the oil on my new 2022 SX with about 500 miles now. Good stuff very helpful and thanks!

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Telluride? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!
nightfall your telluride
Get your luxury badges right here in the Telluride forum store
Kia Telluride Clubs
Protect your vehicle from code scanners