Welcome to the Ad-Free KIA Telluride Community!

Please register with the BIGGEST and busiest Telluride community online. We'd LOVE to have you! Please note: This is an ADVERTISEMENT FREE community! No advertising is permitted. None.

Register Log in

New Canadian Owner in SX Ebony Black

scheven

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Just got my SX Ebony Black a couple days ago. The rims don’t come in black here in Canada but my dealership has been painting them black for the SX models. Also got it below MSRP which is nice.

Loving it so far! My friends couldn’t believe that a Kia can look so good and come loaded with a lot of features. As a previous Mercedes AMG owner I can’t believe it either!

westcoastTelly

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Just got my SX Ebony Black a couple days ago. The rims don’t come in black here in Canada but my dealership has been painting them black for the SX models. Also got it below MSRP which is nice.

Loving it so far! My friends couldn’t believe that a Kia can look so good and come loaded with a lot of features. As a previous Mercedes AMG owner I can’t believe it either!
great , can you pls post pics of the painted wheels \\

EROCK

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Congrats! I had no idea the Canadien SC’s didn’t come with black rims..interesting 🤔

scheven

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Looks awesome. I got SX Gravity Grey.

Did dealer give you warranty for those painted rims? I haven't seen one yet that doesn't start peeling or flaking after 30-40,000km
Probably not since wheels aren’t covered by the Kia warranty. But I got tire/rim protection anyways

LtFireguy

Reaction score
Those will look good. What dealership does that? I'm waiting for the SXL to come later this spring to Canada and then I'll be getting one in gravity Gray. Pretty upset that the black wheels aren't available here in Canada and I was reading in another thread that this has been raised with Kia and apparently they say it's a production issue with the wheels. One thing that Canadian Tellurides get that the US ones don't are two extra drive modes for mud and sand... doubt I'll ever be driving in sand however.

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Telluride? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

Konstantin

Reaction score
Those will look good. What dealership does that? I'm waiting for the SXL to come later this spring to Canada and then I'll be getting one in gravity Gray. Pretty upset that the black wheels aren't available here in Canada and I was reading in another thread that this has been raised with Kia and apparently they say it's a production issue with the wheels. One thing that Canadian Tellurides get that the US ones don't are two extra drive modes for mud and sand... doubt I'll ever be driving in sand however.
We fell in love with Gravity Gray. Originally wanted Dark Moss but once saw GG in person - switched in a heart beat. Gravity Grey can sparkle nicely in teh sun, look black or dark grey in the shade, look kind of dark blue in the right condition. It also hides dust really well (important for my dusty province).

scheven

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
It's the Richmond dealership in BC. If you can't get your dealership to do it for you I suggest just buying aftermarket black rims and using stock rims for winter tires.

LtFireguy

Reaction score
We fell in love with Gravity Gray. Originally wanted Dark Moss but once saw GG in person - switched in a heart beat. Gravity Grey can sparkle nicely in teh sun, look black or dark grey in the shade, look kind of dark blue in the right condition. It also hides dust really well (important for my dusty province).
I looked at one in Gravity Grey this past weekend and really liked it. I live in Ottawa, moved here two years ago from Victoria and now realize how much I need/want a heated steering wheel and heated rear seats!! Never really required that before.

Vietvet

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Maybe instead of paint... get them powder coated. It will hold up much better. I ordered the SX here in the lower 48 and black came with it. I love the Black on Black in Black. The one thing I didn't understand was the drive settings... we Yanks get fewer on our Tellurides for some reason. I thought ALL were assembled in GA... do they have an Assembly Plant in Canada?? If not...why not the same accoutrements? I understood the Beaumonts and Parisiannes as being different as they had assembly plants in Canada for Chevy and Pontiacs so they had subtle differences but... if the plant is the same place????????

Konstantin

Reaction score
Maybe instead of paint... get them powder coated. It will hold up much better. I ordered the SX here in the lower 48 and black came with it. I love the Black on Black in Black. The one thing I didn't understand was the drive settings... we Yanks get fewer on our Tellurides for some reason. I thought ALL were assembled in GA... do they have an Assembly Plant in Canada?? If not...why not the same accoutrements? I understood the Beaumonts and Parisiannes as being different as they had assembly plants in Canada for Chevy and Pontiacs so they had subtle differences but... if the plant is the same place????????
My uneducated guess on this is the following: Canadian Telluride is priced cheaper because nobody will buy it here is it was a direct conversion of US$ price to Canadian$. To save on costs they removed some options like (AWD Lock and locking differential), removed choice in wheels (we get either 18 or 20 depending on trim and that's it), and threw in some options as standard to keep it simpler for dealers and inventory management (AWD comes standard in Canada which is due its weather I assume).

US EX model is basically Canadian SX model. EX in US with AWD is $40,000 which is $53K in Canada. They priced our comparable EX at $49K Canadian. We have SX Limited which is the US SX model with prestige package but SX Limited in Canada is not available until later in summer from what i gather.

So to your question, I don't think it's the plant issue as they are all made in teh same plant but rather cost savings and market differentiation to confuse the hell our of us.
I'd prefer they did the same models between US and Canada but someone decided against that in the Kia corporate boardroom :)

Konstantin

Reaction score
I looked at one in Gravity Grey this past weekend and really liked it. I live in Ottawa, moved here two years ago from Victoria and now realize how much I need/want a heated steering wheel and heated rear seats!! Never really required that before.
Try living in Alberta and then all of sudden large SUVs and trucks with all the "winter comforts" become a norm! I swore that i'd never drive SUV when I first moved to AB.