Welcome to the Ad-Free KIA Telluride Community!

Please register with the BIGGEST and busiest Telluride community online. We'd LOVE to have you! Please note: This is an ADVERTISEMENT FREE community! No advertising is permitted. None.

Register Log in
  • PLEASE NOTE: This is a private community with only a few publicly accessible areas. Please sign up for open access to full level content.

New Member anxiously waiting

nate g

Reaction score
Hi everyone!
I'm happy to be joining the group! I've been driving Kias for a few years now and love them. My '17 Sportage SX is getting traded for my recently ordered Telluride SX with prestige and self leveling rear suspension.
I ordered in Moss Green with Dune interior. I'm a "car guy" and really loved the cross comparison. I literally drove every available 3 row crossover available just to confirm that I wasn't missing something obvious in another vehicle. After driving the (awkward) Subaru Ascent and the (overpriced and cheap feeling) VW Atlas most recently I pulled the trigger.
Today the dealership called me and told me the factory has accepted my order as spec'd, however they had a white SX fully loaded with Dune interior. I schlepped down there with my Sportage, then they told me they could only sell it for $3K over MSRP. I was annoyed and frustrated and walked from that one. I suppose I should just be patient and wait, but knowing how long the wait will be would likely make the wait less "infinite" LOL
Can anyone give me a sense of how long they've waited for orders to arrive??
Thank you all for your help in reducing my anxiety! :)

Lou Panozzo

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Hi everyone!
I'm happy to be joining the group! I've been driving Kias for a few years now and love them. My '17 Sportage SX is getting traded for my recently ordered Telluride SX with prestige and self leveling rear suspension.
I ordered in Moss Green with Dune interior. I'm a "car guy" and really loved the cross comparison. I literally drove every available 3 row crossover available just to confirm that I wasn't missing something obvious in another vehicle. After driving the (awkward) Subaru Ascent and the (overpriced and cheap feeling) VW Atlas most recently I pulled the trigger.
Today the dealership called me and told me the factory has accepted my order as spec'd, however they had a white SX fully loaded with Dune interior. I schlepped down there with my Sportage, then they told me they could only sell it for $3K over MSRP. I was annoyed and frustrated and walked from that one. I suppose I should just be patient and wait, but knowing how long the wait will be would likely make the wait less "infinite" LOL

Tman

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Hi everyone!
Congrats on your factory order! I also ordered a Moss SXP in DB with Tow/Self Leveling on March 23 and dealer finally received a VIN on Friday (May 10). They are projecting a June 17 delivery. Hope you find this helpful.

Lou Panozzo

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
I drove every 3 row higher end suv out there I actually waited to drive the Kia telluride before I made a decision. I almost purchased a 75k Land Rover Discovery in February. Did not like the glare from the heated windshield at night. It gets poor gas mileage and you had to use premium gas. Would still have to wait 12 weeks to get what I wanted. The kia just felt the best. Like everything felt right. It has everything I wanted. I have a deposit for a black on black SX prestige with tow package from 3/20, still no vin. I’m hoping to hear something by the end of the month.

Vietvet

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
I too ordered the SX Prestige, AWD and tow.... last month...I can only hope to see it by the end of June... at the earliest. I ordered it in BLACK with interior black as well. Love color but....to me...nothing like shiny black. After I receive it...I am getting a ceramic paint treatment. It may be my last NEW car so I got what I wanted... You will have to be patient a bit over 4 more weeks...;)

Lou Panozzo

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
I too ordered the SX Prestige, AWD and tow.... last month...I can only hope to see it by the end of June... at the earliest. I ordered it in BLACK with interior black as well. Love color but....to me...nothing like shiny black. After I receive it...I am getting a ceramic paint treatment. It may be my last NEW car so I got what I wanted... You will have to be patient a bit over 4 more weeks...;)

Lou Panozzo

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
I also plan on getting ceramic coat! My son did his black Subaru etc and it never looks dirty. I’ll let you know when I get a vin.

Wap52

Reaction score
I drove every 3 row higher end suv out there I actually waited to drive the Kia telluride before I made a decision. I almost purchased a 75k Land Rover Discovery in February. Did not like the glare from the heated windshield at night. It gets poor gas mileage and you had to use premium gas. Would still have to wait 12 weeks to get what I wanted. The kia just felt the best. Like everything felt right. It has everything I wanted. I have a deposit for a black on black SX prestige with tow package from 3/20, still no vin. I’m hoping to hear something by the end of the month.
Order my SX on March 21 and got a call today it order hit the
Line so hopefully you will get a call end of this week or first of next week

chipchop

Reaction score
I've been working with an out of state dealer via email to order my Dark Moss/Black SX Prestige. Hadn't heard anything for awhile after discussing specs. Today I sent an email to request a minor accessory change and was told they couldn't change it after the order was placed.

To my surprise my order has actually been placed!! No idea how long until I'll get my new baby but it's actually happening!

Jersey City Kia

AUTHORIZED DEALER
Reaction score
I have 1 coming in, in 3 days. I'll post on the Board when it gets here. I dont think anybody has a deposit on it as of yet.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.