Welcome to the Ad-Free KIA Telluride Community!

Please register with the BIGGEST and busiest Telluride community online. We'd LOVE to have you! Please note: This is an ADVERTISEMENT FREE community! No advertising is permitted. None.

Register Log in

New Member Intro (Telluride Product Planner answering product-related questions)

310TELLURIDER

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Hello everyone!

I am a Kia corporate employee and started reading the threads on this website to gather reactions/feedback on the Telluride.

I am the Telluride Product Planner so I will try to contribute as much as I can by answering product-related questions.

Thank you everyone that have purchased a Telluride and I hope you enjoy it as much as I have enjoyed developing and planning it!

Cheers!

Last edited:

tallLeRoy

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
I was very disappointed that the Telluride does not have dimming outside mirrors at any trim level. Please add them to your to do list. What good are all those safety features if you are blinded by the guy in the next lane?

310TELLURIDER

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
I was very disappointed that the Telluride does not have dimming outside mirrors at any trim level. Please add them to your to do list. What good are all those safety features if you are blinded by the guy in the next lane?
Thank you for the feedback. Auto-dimming Outside Rear View Mirrors will be considered for application in the future.
The Blind-Spot View Monitor (BVM), which is standard on the SX and the SX w/ the Prestige Package is a great way to view the blind spots in your intended lane in your instrument cluster (don't have to look at the outside mirrors at all).

310TELLURIDER

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Hey! Just placed an order for a SX. How long before I will be driving it?!
I wish I could answer this question in detail and with some certainly (unfortunately, I am not in the Sales department)... There is currently a high demand for the Telluride, especially the SX and SX w/ Prestige Package.
We are doing everything we can to meet demand.
What has your dealer provided in terms of an ETA?

Thank you for placing the order and I hope the wait is not too long!

cliffnerd5

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
I placed my order on 4/6 and was told it was 'filled' this week. But no explanation of what that means. Does that mean it was 'put in line' to be made, but isn't being physically made yet?

310TELLURIDER

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
I placed my order on 4/6 and was told it was 'filled' this week. But no explanation of what that means. Does that mean it was 'put in line' to be made, but isn't being physically made yet?
Again, coming from the Product Planning side of the business, I am not sure what "filled" means. Please have your dealer clarify.
Sounds like the the order was processed?

CAsuKiHy

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
It would be nice if questions for this guy from production side would be production related and not delivery of the cars.
From all I’ve been reading nobody knows exactly how long and when, 100 factors come in..

Like dimming mirrors that my 2008 car has is a good question. Or maybe some major issues that arise to be addressed if someone is directly listening from KIA.

I’m surprised that they announced themself, from legal standpoint anything critical they would have to relate up the chain.

Just my 2c

Cbx

Reaction score
Any thoughts about offering Apple Wireless Carplay. I know it is relatively new (around since 2017) but the infotainment manufacturer Harman announced it will start supporting it in their head units. They supply Toyota, Chrysler, Audi, and others. Just wondering about that.

Tuxedo Tellie

Reaction score
Hello everyone!

I am a Kia corporate employee and started reading the threads on this website to gather reactions/feedback on the Telluride.

I am the Telluride Product Planner so I will try to contribute as much as I can by answering product-related questions.

Thank you everyone that have purchased a Telluride and I hope you enjoy it as much as I have enjoyed developing and planning it!

Cheers!
Boy, you're brave! Saddle up, friend. You might want to recruit some folks from Sales, Service, Warranty, CA.........

310TELLURIDER

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
It would be nice if questions for this guy from production side would be production related and not delivery of the cars.
From all I’ve been reading nobody knows exactly how long and when, 100 factors come in..

Like dimming mirrors that my 2008 car has is a good question. Or maybe some major issues that arise to be addressed if someone is directly listening from KIA.

I’m surprised that they announced themself, from legal standpoint anything critical they would have to relate up the chain.

Just my 2c
(y)(y)(y)Just trying to do my part and support the customers and the potential customers!

310TELLURIDER

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Any thoughts about offering Apple Wireless Carplay. I know it is relatively new (around since 2017) but the infotainment manufacturer Harman announced it will start supporting it in their head units. They supply Toyota, Chrysler, Audi, and others. Just wondering about that.
Wireless CarPlay is coming to Kia vehicles. I will provide more details as it pertains to the Telluride as soon as I am able to share.

Tim-in-CA

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Here's my list:

• Is there any way to have the UVO system import MP3s from USB thumb drive? Right now you can't have USB or phone/Carplay connected at the same time.
  • With adaptive cruise control, the vehicle will come to a complete stop in bumper to bumper traffic, but if you're stopped more than a few seconds, the vehicle will not resume unless you press the gas pedal or the cruise +/- buttons. Would be good if the car would auto resume (like other vehicles and my Tesla).
  • There is lots of confusion as to how long the UVO service will be free with the vehicle? Are there different included lengths for different models? Some have said that SX includes 3 years of UVO for free. For me (SX owner) the UVO app shows expiration of 2020 but the subscription info in the car shows expiration of 2022.
  • Would be good if you offered a cargo tray (similar to the tri fold) that behaved like the carpeted cargo mat that split 60/4 with the 3rd row and be kept more permanently and allowed protection when one seat is folded down.
  • Are there any plans for a filler console between the 2nd row captains chairs? Would be good to have more storage between this space and be no higher than than the seats when they are folded down.
Appreciate your help and to utilize the forum for constructive improvements! I'm in the consumer electronics industry and also shadow forums for my products to see where customers are having issues and to improve current and future product.

Last edited:
Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Telluride? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

critrider

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Ok...So production is not product but maybe you can cut through all the BS and dealer misdirection and give us the correct production numbers for 2019 and beyond. 40000, 60000, 100000? I'd guess its somewhere around 60000 units.

MrChrisWin

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Hello everyone!

Cheers!
Having to push the button to Auto Hold each time after starting the car is inconvenient.