Welcome to the Ad-Free KIA Telluride Community!

Please register with the BIGGEST and busiest Telluride community online. We'd LOVE to have you! Please note: This is an ADVERTISEMENT FREE community! No advertising is permitted. None.

Register Log in

New member with SX Prestige Dark Moss- Dune Interior

Tellurowe

Reaction score
Just thought I would say hi to the group. Really impressed with first experience joining the group and the nice welcoming email I got. I am really liking my new ride! Which is a big departure from my other car which was a Subaru WRX.
My son also likes riding in “daddy’s green car”!

Attachments

jw_tx21

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Just thought I would say hi to the group. Really impressed with first experience joining the group and the nice welcoming email I got. I am really liking my new ride! Which is a big departure from my other car which was a Subaru WRX.
My son also likes riding in “daddy’s green car”!
Looks like it was time to upsize! Your son will enjoy riding in luxury! Welcome. We have the same vehicle - really enjoying it so far.

Tellurowe

Reaction score
Nice Ride! Is the prestige package worth it? With the limited info I know; I just wanted to get inputs from folks that got it. Thanks.
Hands down the prestige package is worth it in my opinion. For $2k I think you get a lot. The leather is softer the black suede headliner is awesome and does a lot to make it look even better in the interior. Also the HUD is super nice feature. However note if you have polarized sunglasses you can’t see it too well.

Husker Soze

Reaction score
Hands down the prestige package is worth it in my opinion. For $2k I think you get a lot. The leather is softer the black suede headliner is awesome and does a lot to make it look even better in the interior. Also the HUD is super nice feature. However note if you have polarized sunglasses you can’t see it too well.
Thanks! I'm on the market for a new ride .... and the Telluride just went to the top of my list.

Tellurowe

Reaction score
Sticker price on vehicle was $56,800, so it had a $10k markup on it from MSRP. I got them to add $7k on top of my trade in value. In Ohio your trade in reduces your tax liability so that is the route I went which helped save me another $600 or so. They also threw in $300 worth of accessories for “free”. So on paper it looks like I paid the $10k markup but in reality it was a $3k markup. I also got the 1.9% interest package. My trade in they priced about $2k less than what I wanted. So in the end I paid roughly $5k more than I wanted to going in. My reasoning for going ahead was the fact that this is the exact one I would order, they are hard to get and I had heard Kia was no longer filling prestige orders. My thought was if I waited prices would be probably go up for this model by another $3k soon anyways. And if I held onto my car longer it would have exceeded 100k miles which I know for cars isn’t bad but there is a perception issue I guess.

Tellurowe

Reaction score
It only had 50 miles on it when I got it. There was another couple waiting to buy it if i didn’t. I thought the dealer was pulling my leg to try and force the deal. But they weren’t lying! After about an hour of negotiations this couple that I saw looking at a different telluride stared me down like I had kicked their dog or something! Also when I picked up the car a guy in an older Range Rover pulled in and got out (thinking I worked at dealer) and was like hey I’m interested in buying this car. I was like no this is mine I just bought it. He got in his car and drove away 😂

YEH

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
^ It's still nuts right now, and picking one of the most popular colors/trims doesn't help.

Looks great and cute kid.

reasonableperson

Reaction score
Sooo jealous. That's the color combo I wanted. I waited 3 months and the dealer screwed me over by tacking on $4000 just before delivery.
I ended up getting a gray SX prestige with a black interior just as it was coming off the truck at another dealer. But it's aggravating to know that someone is driving around in my vehicle.

On the other hand, we love the one we have now. I've had other more expensive cars, but this is hands down my favorite.

Tellurowe

Reaction score
Sooo jealous. That's the color combo I wanted. I waited 3 months and the dealer screwed me over by tacking on $4000 just before delivery.
I ended up getting a gray SX prestige with a black interior just as it was coming off the truck at another dealer. But it's aggravating to know that someone is driving around in my vehicle.

On the other hand, we love the one we have now. I've had other more expensive cars, but this is hands down my favorite.
Glad it worked out in the end for you but sorry that you had to go through that frustration, pretty shady to add on like that after ordering. The dealer I was working with said that I could order and no markup. But they actually had two customers try to order a prestige and Kia cancelled the orders and they were hearing that Kia was saying not able to fill a new prestige order until March/April. They said I could order an SX no problem. Not sure if true or not and was tactic to get me to buy. In the end I’m very happy with the vehicle.

Tellurowe

Reaction score
^ It's still nuts right now, and picking one of the most popular colors/trims doesn't help.

Looks great and cute kid.
Thanks I like to think so too! Maybe Kia can use him in an upcoming commercial. “Give it everything for your everything”. Haha

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Telluride? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

Kirkaiya

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
I just bought the exact same color combination today, SX Prestige, Moss green on Dune. I bought it in Puyallup, WA, a little over 2 hours away, but it was worth it, as they didn't have a mark-up on it. All the dealers around Portland, where I live, were asking $3k - $5k over sticker.
What sux is that tomorrow I'm flying out for a work trip, and don't get back until Friday, so I won't really get to play with it more until next weekend.

I will say, the HUD is nicer than I expected. If you use the Telluride's nav, the HUD shows your next turn, and distance to it, etc. It also shows the speed limit.

Orllarwhalley

Reaction score
I just bought the exact same color combination today, SX Prestige, Moss green on Dune. I bought it in Puyallup, WA, a little over 2 hours away, but it was worth it, as they didn't have a mark-up on it. All the dealers around Portland, where I live, were asking $3k - $5k over sticker.
What sux is that tomorrow I'm flying out for a work trip, and don't get back until Friday, so I won't really get to play with it more until next weekend.

I will say, the HUD is nicer than I expected. If you use the Telluride's nav, the HUD shows your next turn, and distance to it, etc. It also shows the speed limit.
Congratulations, I am a new member of few minutes old. Do you mean you bought the prestige SX at MSRP??? And how much did you purchase yours???No markups, no market adjustment?
I am planning to buy one but got the fear of being ripped off. A dealership here is Fort Worth, Texas is asking between $7k-$8k above the MSRP. That is absolutely a rip-off.
I want this ride so bad for my family, a new father of twins(boy and a girl).
Can anyone be of great help with where to buy without the dealership ripping me off.

Reaction score
Congratulations, I am a new member of few minutes old. Do you mean you bought the prestige SX at MSRP??? And how much did you purchase yours???No markups, no market adjustment?
I am planning to buy one but got the fear of being ripped off. A dealership here is Fort Worth, Texas is asking between $7k-$8k above the MSRP. That is absolutely a rip-off.
I want this ride so bad for my family, a new father of twins(boy and a girl).
Can anyone be of great help with where to buy without the dealership ripping me off.
No, but my advise to you is shop around. I mean alot, and be patient. Many here have purchased at msrp for sxp and you can do the same if you are able to put in the work. To me theres nothing worse than having buyers remorse after purchasing a car. Imagine paying $7k above msrp one day, then several month later seeing them being sold at or under msrp.
After months of going to dealerships and calling around, I was finally able to get my telly at msrp! It's okay to say no and keep it pushing!