No soliciting permitted.

Register Log in

New owner Telluride SX Trim

dash

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I got my Telluride SX Black with Butterscotch interior FWD earlier this week. It is an awesome vehicle and definitely worth the money both in performance and luxury. I test drove cars in the similar category but none of them provided the kind of presence Telluride has on the road.

All that said, I am going through what many other people are feeling as well in this forum. Initially I was gonna wait for the next year model, but then I really needed a car and this seemed to be the right time. In Atlanta GA, pretty much every dealer is selling at minimum of $4k markup. However, I am glad I found one selling at sticker price. I would have loved to wait out for the SXP Copper Brown with Dune interior but I had sold my other car, and the dealerships didn't wanna help me with a loaner vehicle. I found one a week ago but was being sold at $6k markup, which is ethically a wrong practice, and I couldn't come to terms with supporting it no matter how popular the vehicle is.

I did find the SX trim for the color combo I initially wanted, so I am content about that. What I didn't appreciate about dealership is not telling me they had 3-4 more SX and a couple SXP coming in. I literally would have had to wait for few more days, which tells me they just wanna sell these cars no matter what, and will go to any extent, but that seems to be the trend in car selling business anyways. Keep up to date on checking online and try to put deposit as soon as you see one you want. You will be glad you did.

I can't help but think about the fact that I could have gotten the prestige with all the added goodies, and at times not enjoying what I have haha.. human nature right? Further, when I read people talking how amazing the prestige package is, it makes me feel am I missing out on a lot perhaps?

Originally being from Colorado, I would have loved the AWD, the second row heated and ventilated seats. One thing I would like to point however, if you can wait and afford, do get the prestige package, you will feel more content knowing you have the top of the line features Telluride offers. If dealerships push you to buy something right away, hold, take a deep breath, and say "its okay, I can wait". The feeling of having a car you built ( atleast virtually ) will be so comforting. I wish I had the option to wait ( if only I could justify paying over $3k for rental, I would rather put that money towards the car ), I would definitely get the SXP. I was buying a car after 11 years, and really wanted the best, and kind of got it. I need to be thankful for the fact, I got close to what I wanted and didn't have to wait like many people out there.

Congratulations to everyone who has their Telluride and soon to be owners. I hope this car brings more smiles and comfort to your lives :)

Telluride Forum

Staff member
FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I got my Telluride SX Black with Butterscotch interior FWD earlier this week. It is an awesome vehicle and definitely worth the money both in performance and luxury. I test drove cars in the similar category but none of them provided the kind of presence Telluride has on the road.

All that said, I am going through what many other people are feeling as well in this forum. Initially I was gonna wait for the next year model, but then I really needed a car and this seemed to be the right time. In Atlanta GA, pretty much every dealer is selling at minimum of $4k markup. However, I am glad I found one selling at sticker price. I would have loved to wait out for the SXP Copper Brown with Dune interior but I had sold my other car, and the dealerships didn't wanna help me with a loaner vehicle. I found one a week ago but was being sold at $6k markup, which is ethically a wrong practice, and I couldn't come to terms with supporting it no matter how popular the vehicle is.

I did find the SX trim for the color combo I initially wanted, so I am content about that. What I didn't appreciate about dealership is not telling me they had 3-4 more SX and a couple SXP coming in. I literally would have had to wait for few more days, which tells me they just wanna sell these cars no matter what, and will go to any extent, but that seems to be the trend in car selling business anyways. Keep up to date on checking online and try to put deposit as soon as you see one you want. You will be glad you did.

I can't help but think about the fact that I could have gotten the prestige with all the added goodies, and at times not enjoying what I have haha.. human nature right? Further, when I read people talking how amazing the prestige package is, it makes me feel am I missing out on a lot perhaps?

Originally being from Colorado, I would have loved the AWD, the second row heated and ventilated seats. One thing I would like to point however, if you can wait and afford, do get the prestige package, you will feel more content knowing you have the top of the line features Telluride offers. If dealerships push you to buy something right away, hold, take a deep breath, and say "its okay, I can wait". The feeling of having a car you built ( atleast virtually ) will be so comforting. I wish I had the option to wait ( if only I could justify paying over $3k for rental, I would rather put that money towards the car ), I would definitely get the SXP. I was buying a car after 11 years, and really wanted the best, and kind of got it. I need to be thankful for the fact, I got close to what I wanted and didn't have to wait like many people out there.

Congratulations to everyone who has their Telluride and soon to be owners. I hope this car brings more smiles and comfort to your lives :)
Welcome aboard! And thank you for signing up. Congratulations on your brand new Telluride! What did the Telluride replace for you? I'm sure you're right about waiting for the right vehicle - but when all is said and done, you're driving an amazing SUV - with a great warranty - and at a great price. You did good...

dash

Reaction score
Welcome aboard! And thank you for signing up. Congratulations on your brand new Telluride! What did the Telluride replace for you? I'm sure you're right about waiting for the right vehicle - but when all is said and done, you're driving an amazing SUV - with a great warranty - and at a great price. You did good...
Thank you very much. I was driving a 2001 Volvo S60, and didn't have a need for a new car until recently. I had my eyes on this vehicle from the very first time it came out at the auto show. It is incredible, and I applaud the KIA engineers who have shown what it means to put mind and customer needs behind building such an amazing SUV.
That said, I trying to be content, I am sure in few weeks I won't have these thoughts, but currently it is tough haha. I am really enjoying how Telluride drives.

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Telluride? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

Wap52

Black Copper SXP AWD Dune Brown with Towing
Reaction score
Welcome to the Telluride world. Enjoy your new ride and please be safe. Have fun and we all love pictures

SX88

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

You would have loved to have waited out for the “Copper Brown” exterior? There a color I don’t know about?

dash

Reaction score
You would have loved to have waited out for the “Copper Brown” exterior? There a color I don’t know about?
Yes! There is, honestly it looks black in person most of the times, I saw a black and black copper next to each other and couldn't tell the difference. However, at certain angles when the light hits the Black Copper, you can see the brown tint, and looks different and new. I would recommend it.

Ah, just realized I called "Black Copper" as "Copper Brown" in my original post.

SX88

Reaction score
Yes! There is, honestly it looks black in person most of the times, I saw a black and black copper next to each other and couldn't tell the difference. However, at certain angles when the light hits the Black Copper, you can see the brown tint, and looks different and new. I would recommend it.

Ah, just realized I called "Black Copper" as "Copper Brown" in my original post.
Ah yes. Black Copper. Familiar.

Magoo

Reaction score
what driving " mode " do you find best on snowy, icy roads?

Bigblockdodge

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

Can I ask what dealer you bought the car from. I am also in Atlanta and looking at Tellurides - thanks.

dash

Reaction score
Can I ask what dealer you bought the car from. I am also in Atlanta and looking at Tellurides - thanks.
Ofcourse, I bought it from Jim Ellis Chamblee. Seems like they do not pre sell rather sell vehicles after they have received the VIN, which makes me think that for them it is more about volume, rather than charging over MSRP. Be careful though, make sure you get what you want, they may not tell you what they have. So, keep pressing to get the details out. I hope this helps.

dash

Reaction score
Hi, Ed Voyles Kia of Smyrna have two sxp coming in, they called me today, black copper and black both with black interior selling at MSRP, go get it my friend.

blitt

Reaction score
what driving " mode " do you find best on snowy, icy roads?

So.....this is a 3 mile dirt road in the hills of Vermont. To get to our cabin on this snow and ice covered 1 1/2 lane road.....I put it in Snow mode and when I get to some pretty serious spots press the "differential lock" button, move the shift lever to manual and put it in 2nd gear.......it works wonderfully!!!

IMG_9902.JPG