No soliciting permitted.

Register Log in

New Owners Attention Needed - Tire Pressure

DRK

Reaction score
I'm creating this thread in here since many new Telluride owners are staying around "How to Buy" threads.
Please make sure the tire pressure is between 35 and 39 psi once you get a Telluride.
Last week, I realized my Telluride's tire pressure was about 45 psi for all four wheels.

I learned it is dealer's fault, not Kia. Dealers should have adjusted before they pass it to buyers. Because Telly sold quickly, I guess many dealers forget to do it.
It has been discussed in other threads.

I bet there are still Telly owners driving on 45+ psi tires, like I did.

Isthisidused

Reaction score
I'm creating this thread in here since many new Telluride owners are staying around "How to Buy" threads.
Please make sure the tire pressure is between 35 and 39 psi once you get a Telluride.
Last week, I realized my Telluride's tire pressure was about 45 psi for all four wheels.

I learned it is dealer's fault, not Kia. Dealers should have adjusted before they pass it to buyers. Because Telly sold quickly, I guess many dealers forget to do it.

Thanks for the heads up. I checked our Telly tires after seeing this and they were also over inflated.Also found the tire pressure reading on the vehicle isn't that accurate compared to a tire pressure gauge.

KIAconvert

Reaction score
My tires were 50 psi each!!! Fortunately I saw it before I drove away from the dealer!

RetSab

Reaction score
I experienced this situation also, four tires between 45 & 48 psi. I checked as soon as I got home with the vehicle. My '12 Sorento had the same level of inflation. I had to go back to the dealership a few days later and let them know how upsetting this was. Someone taking a longer test drive in August could have a nasty surprise.

reasonableperson

Reaction score
Yup. Had to adjust mine post delivery as well. Found small bits of protective plastic film everywhere as well.
I only realized after reading your comment that I had a similar issue. There was a long strip of plastic on the front grill and another on the driver side wheel. Just thought my wife had run over something on the road!!

Tim-in-CA

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
I only realized after reading your comment that I had a similar issue. There was a long strip of plastic on the front grill and another on the driver side wheel. Just thought my wife had run over something on the road!!
Mine was primarily on the interior, protecting parts of the center console and buttons.

Isthisidused

Reaction score
Mine was primarily on the interior, protecting parts of the center console and buttons.
We had some on the smooth part of nobs for stereo, and on the ceiling lights behind front seat.

Digitalfirex

Reaction score

Thank you for letting us know. I checked my tire pressure and 1 tire was at 48 psi, others at 45. I did drive like 900 miles like that too, so glad I saw this post.

Attachments

TellyNY

Reaction score
Mine were high too... for a couple of days until i saw a similar post here... and side note... lowering the air pressure made the ride even MORE comfortable...

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Telluride? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

JonFar111

Reaction score
Mine were way high when purchased. Dealer totally missed it.
I adjusted them to spec but I found the 35 psi was increasing to 38+ when on the highway. I switched to nitrogen and keep them at 32 cold (~34 at highway speed). MUCH quieter and handling is still dandy...

eddieLAX

Reaction score
same here. went to Costco and they got upset over it. they lowered it to proper psi and were very nice in informing me how dangerous it was tp drive. on over inflated tires for almost 3 months.

DRK

Reaction score
same here. went to Costco and they got upset over it. they lowered it to proper psi and were very nice in informing me how dangerous it was tp drive. on over inflated tires for almost 3 months.
I drove for 2 months with over inflated tires until took it to the Costco tire center.
The costco worker recommended set it to 39 psi as the manual says 35psi. It stays between 36 and 38 psi on driving. I like it.

Sandy_Eggo

Reaction score
This happened to me too. I flew 500 miles to pick up the car, and when I got it home I realized 3 tires were at ~37 PSI and the 4th was at 50.

I will note, however, that I've seen this from other dealers affiliated with other manufacturers; it's not Kia-specific.

The takeaway: always check tire pressure on any new car (and always go by the sticker in the driver's door jamb).

JCzoom

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Mine were all at 45lbs as well. Gotta love how much effort dealers put into things like this. They put a lot of effort into trying to sell me one..

PHIL1880

Reaction score
Proper tire inflation information [FOR ALL VEHICLES] is on the plate located inside the drivers side door jam. Do not use the pressure ratings in the owner's manual or what is stamped on the tire. The owner's manual and pressure marked on the tires do not take all factors into account - the plate on the door jam is what the vehicle manufacturer states is correct inflation pressure.

Tellurowe

Reaction score
Mine were at 45, adjusted down to 38, thanks to this thread I checked them the first week I got my new ride! This needs to be a sticky somewhere on the forum

bogie

Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up. I checked our Telly tires after seeing this and they were also over inflated.Also found the tire pressure reading on the vehicle isn't that accurate compared to a tire pressure gauge.
Found mine at a not too bad 38 - but, still higher than the recommended 35.

However, after bringing them down to 35 all the way around, found the indicated pressures in the TPMS system to be right on at 35.

Been a couple of weeks now with little, to no, change in morning temps in the garage - still indicates 35.

FWIW