No soliciting permitted.

Register Log in

New Telluride Prestige SX AWD Leaking during first rain and only 5 days old.

Reaction score
We had our first rain in our all new Kia Telluride SX and rear passenger roof above third row is soaking wet, 3rd row seats are soaking wet, and the floor is soaking wet. Not sure where it is coming from, but my wife is very angry. Only 5 days old and heading to the shop already. Not sure how this will be handled at the dealership, but not happy it will be in the shop already after spending that much money. I will keep you guys updated on how its handled.

Chaos13

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Make sure you hold kia accountable for this as Westcoast telly mentioned above dealer will say they fixed and cleaned everything (assuming the leak was from the rear sun roof) but you will have lot of issues in the future that they will deny its cause of this incident. Push them real hard to give you a new car rather than repairing current one.

Reaction score
Thanks for the comments guys. I will push for it for sure, but will they even consider giving me another new vehicle for something like this?

stbentoak

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Not likely, it was not a safety issue.They will clean,repair and replace and maybe give you some goodwill...but a new vehicle? Not likely or logical...

Destrukt

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Wow I’ll be closely monitoring this....very alarming. I won’t be getting the 1st year model now, that’s for sure.

ATL3630

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Wow I’ll be closely monitoring this....very alarming. I won’t be getting the 1st year model now, that’s for sure.
That's a quick conclusion to jump to. It could be something very simple, like the moon roof didn't properly seal or something like that. Easy fix.

I drove mine last night in the rain - no issues - although it was a light rain.

Tim-in-CA

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
That would be great. I’m sure Kia corporate is interested where the manufacturing flaw is located so they can correct on this very important vehicle for the category.

westcoastTelly

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
They are actually working to try and buy it back and get me another one. I will keep you guys updated.
Thats a good thing ! I had a very bad creaking noise coming from my sunroof on my Stinger , Kia eventually replaced the complete sunroof frame , fixed evrything perfectly , part cost was 4500 !!!

Last edited:

JDoggery

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Wow, that is really good to hear. Will they replace with another of the same and you just have to wait another 8 weeks or so? If so, hopefully, you also get a free loaner in that time frame.

Also, wondering if they determined what the issue was? Would be nice for others to keep a look on theirs.

They are actually working to try and buy it back and get me another one. I will keep you guys updated.

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Telluride? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!
Reaction score
They gave me a brand new fully loaded Sorrento to drive till this is settled as they do not have any Tellurides available at the moment. Yes the SX Prestige AWD model would take 8 weeks or so to order but hoping they rush me one over. Will find out some time next week if they will buy mine back and order me another one.

cliffnerd5

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
That is actually pretty impressive. Coming from Audi the 'service' aspect has me a little concerned with purchasing a KIA. But it sounds like they are really trying to make this situation right. Thumbs up to Kia.

Reaction score
So far it has really been a pleasure to deal with them. I didnt even have to haggle on the trade in. They gave me more than I was expecting to get so accepted their first offer.