No soliciting permitted.

New tint and light bar

zamboni

Reaction score
Can you make it do something like this?
:)

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Telluride? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

Kwim

Reaction score
View attachment 10418

The shop I took it too, did a GREAT job...

very Happy

mattbcnv
looks good, but you shouldn't have done it since you closed most of the air intake. Your engine will be hotter all the time. also, if you have problems with engine components, the dealer will try to refuse your warranty.

the usual mesh dealing with the radiator changes the air flow and the cooling system already needs to work harder, and you completely closed the intake.

Mattbcnv

Reaction score
If‘n I have a problem with overheating, it will come off.... time will tell, I live in southern Nevada so it won’t be long to recognize a problem if it IS dampening airflow... excellent points...

mattbcnv

Kwim

Reaction score
If‘n I have a problem with overheating, it will come off.... time will tell, I live in southern Nevada so it won’t be long to recognize a problem if it IS dampening airflow... excellent points...

mattbcnv
how do you know about it? you rely on a device that shows the temperature, but it will not show you anything. the temperature sensor is only in one place. the thermostat and fan will dim the gain, but part of the motor will be overheated. I'll find tests with a grid tonight.

Martin Kodiak

Working Man
Reaction score

mattbcnv
OR.........

Perhaps you fab up a DIY dual CAI and then manufacture it for sale?

lowpost50

Reaction score
Looks really nice, does the tint match the rear windows?
and how far does the light bar project/

alexdrums

Reaction score

Mattbcnv

Reaction score
how do you know about it? you rely on a device that shows the temperature, but it will not show you anything. the temperature sensor is only in one place. the thermostat and fan will dim the gain, but part of the motor will be overheated. I'll find tests with a grid tonight.

I am a 59 year old man, I have been using “vehicles” both 2 and 4 wheel variations for most of um.. Believe it or not I can tell when a vehicle isn’t running right, just based on experience.... front grill measures about 15 inches from top to bottom.. I am blocking around 3 inches and there is ample airflow both top and bottom.... I am totally NOT worried about it...but thank you for your concern...

I will take notice of your post and advise others if it was a “bad” idea....

Respectfully,

mattbcnv:alien:

machtig

Reaction score

Say what? Provided the heat exchanger (radiator) has enough capacity to remove the necessary engine heat with a slightly reduced airflow (due to the light bar), he will be fine, and provided the thermostat is working, his engine temperature will stay constant. If not the entire engine (not just part of it) will begin overheating, which can in fact be measured easily with an OBD2 dongle like the Kiwi 3 or 4 (screenshot below from a Kiwi 3 hooked up to my Telluride; 212F is normal operating temperature ). My bet is he will be fine.
4F54BD6A-4B44-40AB-92A8-C7F28F3E58D0.jpeg

Last edited:

disweds12

Reaction score
which can in fact be measured easily with an OBD2 dongle like the Kiwi 3 or 4

Hate to hijack - saw this, did some light research. How do you like this tool? Is it a worth while investment or do you find it more used as a ‘toy’?

Mattbcnv

Reaction score
Just a courtesy update... as far as my Telluride “overheating” dur to my foglight installation... I have driven from Boulder City NV to Big Bear lake in summer heat with NO overheating problems.... not even close, mountain passes and Baker grade to NV ... so if’n there is any doubt That lightbar is interfering with the cooling of my engine can all be dispelled....

thanks for following....

mattbcnv