• Need to track your Telluride? Don't start a new post in the lounge - CLICK HERE!

New to the world of Telluride.

scottw324

Reaction score
Nice! Welcome to the forums. What year, trim, and color did you end up buying?

Telluride Forum

Staff member
Reaction score
Hello from the Texas Hill Country. Went to look at a Carnival today and drove away in an AWD Telluride instead....
Welcome aboard! And thank you for signing up. Congratulations on your new Telluride! What did the Telluride replace for you? I'm glad you found us. :)

ronniebell

Reaction score
Depending on your needs, the Telluride was likely a good choice for you. I purchased a 2021 S trim in June of 2021 and now have 36,000 miles on it. My wife and I don't use it to commute to work as we live about 100 yards from our offices and classrooms. Most of those miles are highway miles, often traveling across Idaho, Montana, South Dakota, Wyoming, Texas, where the traffic flow is often 85+ mph. Just returned from a 6,142 mile trip in the winter. The vehicle drives smoothly, it's rides comfortably with lots of easy to get to storage, and it has high tech features that I use to the max. such as adaptive cruise control, lane warning alerts, blind spot alert sounds, front collision mitigation tech, as well as Apple CarPlay (and the Android version as well).

The only downside is the mpg. As you can see in my footer, lots of money is spent on gas, but for now, that's okay with us for the trips we take.

arlon

Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome. Telluride is replacing wife's 2013 Ford Edge. We were looking for something that would do better for short road trips. AWD not totally necessary but a nice touch anyway. It's an "S" trim. I was fine with the S and AWD, pretty good bang for the buck. We don't put a lot of miles on her cars. Mileage is going to be a little less than the EDGE but we live rural and when we drive to town it's often in my little Fiat 500 Abarth. Mileage shouldn't be too much of a negative impact..

Telluride Forum

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome. Telluride is replacing wife's 2013 Ford Edge. We were looking for something that would do better for short road trips. AWD not totally necessary but a nice touch anyway. It's an "S" trim. I was fine with the S and AWD, pretty good bang for the buck. We don't put a lot of miles on her cars. Mileage is going to be a little less than the EDGE but we live rural and when we drive to town it's often in my little Fiat 500 Abarth. Mileage shouldn't be too much of a negative impact..
Well that's a very nice upgrade from the Ford Edge. :) Between it and the Abarth, you have luxury and sport covered well.

arlon

Reaction score
The Abarth is my "smile" car. It doesn't have to do anything but make me smile. Have a truck for towing and an old AWD Astro van I use for everything from my solo RV to sheet goods hauler. Loving the ride of the Telluride. Definitely the smoothest of the bunch!

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Telluride? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!