Welcome to the Ad-Free KIA Telluride Community!

Please register with the BIGGEST and busiest Telluride community online. We'd LOVE to have you! Please note: This is an ADVERTISEMENT FREE community! No advertising is permitted. None.

Register Log in

New Wheels Make A Difference!

Gwyn

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
I am glad you like it.

But the big rim in my opinion is just saying I have too much money and want to make my SUV useless.

I don't know where you guys live but in portland oregon, those rims would make it less then 20 miles before the potholes destroyed them.

I am not joking, this is standard.

I have bottomed out my honda pilot in some places in portland. Bottomed out as in the left tire into into one pothole, the right tire went into another pot hole and I scraped bottom getting out.

22 inch rims would take on pothole and then you are buying another rim. At 200 bucks each. It is just too expensive. And forget about taking them on gravel road, loading the vechile, or anything useful about owning an SUV.

Once again, personal opinion and if that is what you want, then go for it. I am happy, you are happy.

AlmightyAJ

Reaction score
I am glad you like it.

But the big rim in my opinion is just saying I have too much money and want to make my SUV useless.

I don't know where you guys live but in portland oregon, those rims would make it less then 20 miles before the potholes destroyed them.

I have bottomed out my honda pilot in some places in portland. Bottomed out as in the left tire into into one pothole, the right tire went into another pot hole and I scraped bottom getting out.

22 inch rims would take on pothole and then you are buying another rim. At 200 bucks each. It is just too expensive. And forget about taking them on gravel road, loading the vechile, or anything useful about owning an SUV.

Once again, personal opinion and if that is what you want, then go for it. I am happy, you are happy.
I understand your opinion but it’s not entirely true. I’ve had 22’s on my last 2-3 SUVs and was still able to use it normally in the equally unstable, frequently unpaved NYC streets. I have no desire to off-road in my SUVs nor would I buy a Telluride if I wanted to do so. Speaking of which, there are several SUVs that come standard with 20+ inch wheels and are still capable of being loaded or put to full use. IMO, wheel size is never the issue, tire thickness is what causes the flats and blowouts. I can probably get a 22” wheel in a 265/60/22 tire and have more durability than factory wheels.

I appreciate your opinion though. Good luck with your Telluride.

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Telluride? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

AlmightyAJ

Reaction score
I had black rims on my old Mazda3 which was white in colour. So your setup reminds me of old fond memories.

Where are you located? Are you afraid of potholes?
I’m in NYC. Not so much. Sort of use to these poorly paved roads. I just try to be more cautious.

13_FST

Staff member
FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
I’m in NYC. Not so much. Sort of use to these poorly paved roads. I just try to be more cautious.
Good stuff. My other vehicle is running 305/30/20 so I'm used to low sidewall tires. In Edmonton however, some roads are really bad so I try to avoid those.

13_FST

Staff member
FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Wow! Thats a very wide/low pro wheel. How’s the ride?
It's a track car and I don't daily drive it. I try to drive it during weekends.

Ride is harsh, but it's got adaptive suspension so I've set it to comfort.

I avoid potholes like plague. Each tire is $450 and rims are over $600 (forged aluminum). LOL.

AlmightyAJ

Reaction score
It's a track car and I don't daily drive it. I try to drive it during weekends.

Ride is harsh, but it's got adaptive suspension so I've set it to comfort.

I avoid potholes like plague. Each tire is $450 and rims are over $600 (forged aluminum). LOL.
[/QUOTE
I can only imagine. Good luck with those wheels.

ernysan

Reaction score
I am glad you like it.

WTF!!!! those are a Street canyons!!! Here in California if your wheel got damage by a pot hole Take a picture and complain to the city they will pay for it (80% of the times)
and maybe BIG WHEELS means "I have no more money I put all on them!!!!"

Gwyn

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
I understand your opinion but it’s not entirely true. I’ve had 22’s on my last 2-3 SUVs and was still able to use it normally in the equally unstable, frequently unpaved NYC streets. I have no desire to off-road in my SUVs nor would I buy a Telluride if I wanted to do so. Speaking of which, there are several SUVs that come standard with 20+ inch wheels and are still capable of being loaded or put to full use. IMO, wheel size is never the issue, tire thickness is what causes the flats and blowouts. I can probably get a 22” wheel in a 265/60/22 tire and have more durability than factory wheels.

I appreciate your opinion though. Good luck with your Telluride.
I understand what you are say. and if you can get it to work for you, great. I have seen standard 18 inch truck tires get destroyed on gravel roads. They would never survive around here.

Gwyn

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
WTF!!!! those are a Street canyons!!! Here in California if your wheel got damage by a pot hole Take a picture and complain to the city they will pay for it (80% of the times)
Around here they would laugh at you until they peed themselves. They would go pull people from the back so they can hear what you said and laugh at you. They would record you saying it, put it on the tv in lobby so they can rewatch it all day.

Tellmeride

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
I had two X5 sports with 20” performance tires, never had the above mentioned problems. I am also in the NYC metro area.

AlmightyAJ

Reaction score
Lol. Gotcha!