Welcome to the Ad-Free KIA Telluride Community!

Please register with the BIGGEST and busiest Telluride community online. We'd LOVE to have you! Please note: This is an ADVERTISEMENT FREE community! No advertising is permitted. None.

Register Log in

NHTSA Telluride Complaints

Serket

Reaction score
I had my first road trip in my Telluride about 2 months ago. On my way home I noticed a tiny chip in the corner while cleaning my windshield at a gas station. By the time I got home it had cracked all the way across. Turned into insurance and still waiting for a replacement.

Anyone else that needed a replacement here? How long did it take?

G

G-251590

I had my first road trip in my Telluride about 2 months ago. On my way home I noticed a tiny chip in the corner while cleaning my windshield at a gas station. By the time I got home it had cracked all the way across. Turned into insurance and still waiting for a replacement.

Serket: Have you notified the NHSTA of your incident, for trend and tracking purposes?

PL/OB Diego

Reaction score

Serket: have you reported your incident to NHTSA for trend and tracking of the issue?

Mac

Reaction score
Took possession of our S FWD 7/27 and next week Safelite will be installing 2nd replacement. Both cracks due to semi trucks throwing up stones on the Interstate..what a PITA. Safelite is having to procure the windshields directly from Kia so I fear the insurance deductible will take a hike on the next bill and if the Kia windshields are inferior, what’s the alternative? Chicken wire in front of the windshield...not good

Attachments

Serket

Reaction score
Serket: have you reported your incident to NHTSA for trend and tracking of the issue?
Yes, I reported recently. I also heard back from our glass company. They were notified by KIA that replacements are en-route from Korea. Estimated arrival is second week of September.

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Telluride? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

Mac

Reaction score
Just finished reporting the windshield issue to NHTSA and noted the case number for follow up/investigation/resolution. If they don’t know about the issue, nothing will be done. Also interesting to hear the acoustic windshields are not as strong. Need to check that out.

PL/OB Diego

Reaction score
"Traditional windshields use thicker glass to reduce noise. This adds to the weight of the vehicle and affects fuel economy. The acoustic vinyl layer reduces sound transmission by 60% more than traditional windshields. Most of the noise reduction is in the mid to upper noise range, especially in the 1,500 to 5,000 Hz range of frequency. It reduces overall noise transmission by 2 to 3 dB, but some frequencies by over 6%. May not sound like much, but it makes a conversation easier."

Attachments

BrianF

Reaction score
I haven’t had any windshield problems — yet — but after reading about all the cracking problems here and on the NHTSA site I visited my insurance agent this week and upgraded my comprehensive coverage to a zero deductible on glass. The cost was negligible; only $9.67 from now to the end of the year.

G

G-940744

I have the palisade save thing rock destroyed it it....and they aren't cheap I was quoted 1500. Plus 180 to install.