Nightfall window trim fading,2021 Telluride

RDBCRAZY

Reaction score
I have a 2021 Telluride nightfall SX. I am having the problem with the trim fading terribly.
Took it to the dealer here in Lancaster Ohio and was told every piece of window trim needed to be replaced and it would be covered under warranty. The parts were ordered over 4 months ago and there is still no eta.
The service manager said he hadn't seen this problem on a Telluride but he had seen it on a stinger. He further stated that the 2022 Telluride no longer used the same nightfall trim which leads me to believe they know its a problem.
The service manager at Coughlin Kia Lancaster Ohio told me Kia doesn't care about your service once they (KIA) get your money so there is no hurry to help.
I have spoken with the dealership to no avail a couple times and now have a case number through Kia customer care which was just escalated to the next level.
Very disappointed with Kia so far, will see if they rectify that.
These parts are small enough they could just mail them so there is no excuse for taking this long.NO EXCUSE!!

Attachments

• 20210910_141022.jpg
    20210910_141022.jpg
    431.3 KB · Views: 212
  • 20210910_141030.jpg
    20210910_141030.jpg
    430.5 KB · Views: 205
  • 20210910_141010.jpg
    20210910_141010.jpg
    488.9 KB · Views: 200
  • 20210910_141028.jpg
    20210910_141028.jpg
    415.5 KB · Views: 198
  • 20210910_141036.jpg
    20210910_141036.jpg
    570.3 KB · Views: 205

Javi

Reaction score
I have a 2021 Telluride nightfall SX. I am having the problem with the trim fading terribly.
Took it to the dealer here in Lancaster Ohio and was told every piece of window trim needed to be replaced and it would be covered under warranty. The parts were ordered over 4 months ago and there is still no eta.
The service manager said he hadn't seen this problem on a Telluride but he had seen it on a stinger. He further stated that the 2022 Telluride no longer used the same nightfall trim which leads me to believe they know its a problem.
The service manager at Coughlin Kia Lancaster Ohio told me Kia doesn't care about your service once they (KIA) get your money so there is no hurry to help.
I have spoken with the dealership to no avail a couple times and now have a case number through Kia customer care which was just escalated to the next level.
These parts are small enough they could just mail them so there is no excuse for taking this long.NO EXCUSE!!
Very sorry to hear what you are going thru on a new car. Is your paint job and other external trim pieces ok?

MmoDelaware

Reaction score
I am having this issue, Kia dealership is claiming its an unknown problem, tried to tell me its only me. Well, another was on the lot for a trade in, I looked at it, and it had the same issues.

3Rivers

Reaction score
I am having this issue, Kia dealership is claiming its an unknown problem, tried to tell me its only me.
Unknown? LOL. I don't even have Nightfall (thank goodness) and I'm well aware of the problem. It's discussed at great length in every Telluride forum you can find. Moreover, Kia itself has dumped the Nightfall option in response. Since I doubt that a Kia dealership wouldn't have previously run across the problem before August of 2022, they must be deliberately lying to you.

PittPa

SUSTAINING MEMBER
Reaction score
Having owned a non nightfall car, I read this post and was out shopping and spotted this Telluride with the nightfall package. This is the first time I really looked at one up close and this is what I saw. Looks as if all the black is off leaving a bronze copper color. From my small sample size, I can attest that these cars have 100% failure rate ;) seriously if there was even a slight chance my car would look like this shortly after buying there is no way I would consider it.

Attachments

• IMG_20220803_153910.jpg
    IMG_20220803_153910.jpg
    287.4 KB · Views: 116

earnestdave

Reaction score
Hi, I am now dealing with the same issue. I sent a video of my Lincolnwood Kia dealership and waiting to hear back. There is a recall for the front windows only, but for some reason not the back. Hopefully I get this taken care of soon. Anyone else have it all replaced?

HairyMilkshakes

Reaction score
Hi, I am now dealing with the same issue. I sent a video of my Lincolnwood Kia dealership and waiting to hear back. There is a recall for the front windows only, but for some reason not the back. Hopefully I get this taken care of soon. Anyone else have it all replaced?
Window trim flaking - Exp NF trim flaking off may have the answer you are looking for since the issue looks related.

DeeBloom

Reaction score
Have the same issue with my nightfall version Kia. Dealership replaced trim but didn’t bother to make sure all the pieces match. Back for a 2nd time and they called me today to say the small window in the back doesn’t match. Apparently the trim and the back window are one piece

Sofloprincess

Reaction score
I feel your frustration! I have a 2021 SX Prestige - Nightfall Edition and have the same issue. My local dealership in Sunrise, Florida (Rick Case KIA) told me to buy a product called “Chemical Guys Chrome Polish” take a picture with me holding it in front of my vehicle and they will replace the window trim (nightfall) but it’s a 1 time fix & I would have to use this every time before washing/detailing my vehicle!!! I filed a claim with KIA Corporation and through many conversations with associates & supervisors they seemed shocked that the dealership would tell me such a thing. 1 Supervisor told me it’s covered under my paint warranty so he escalated my claim because 5 weeks in and no response from the dealership. Today 9/16/22 I received a call from a KIA Corp. supervisor “Heather” who told me an area supervisor for South Florida spoke to the service manager at Rick Case KIA and the decision was made and explained to me prior… The Results: This Nightfall peeling issue is ‘NOT’ covered under warranty (Like 1 supervisor from corporate said) and it’s cause by, “OUTSIDE INFLUENCES” (hahahaha BS. Now you can’t even hand wash your car without paint coming off) It seems to be a different call per state & dealership as to fixing this issue but this is clearly a manufacturing plant issue and terrible or lack of QC on this vehicle. This Nightfall package is discontinued for a reason and KIA knows it but won’t honor the problem so I’m done playing games and contacted an Attorney!!!!!! Good-luck to every Telluride Nightfall Edition owner who’s having this problem.

Attachments

• 577CEB79-A028-4FE1-9D20-FD9632F60C86.jpeg
    577CEB79-A028-4FE1-9D20-FD9632F60C86.jpeg
    157.6 KB · Views: 72
  • 3E3984D2-ADB1-46AA-B30E-CD364136F772.jpeg
    3E3984D2-ADB1-46AA-B30E-CD364136F772.jpeg
    207.7 KB · Views: 72
  • 09B13B73-1B1D-42A4-B08B-A96A4193DE5A.jpeg
    09B13B73-1B1D-42A4-B08B-A96A4193DE5A.jpeg
    282.9 KB · Views: 71
  • 341FE3DA-599F-4B5C-92B7-C97930DC0197.jpeg
    341FE3DA-599F-4B5C-92B7-C97930DC0197.jpeg
    330.8 KB · Views: 70
Last edited:
G

G-575410

Hi where did you find the recall?? I have the same issues with all my window trims. 2021 telluride nightfall

awedbychrist

Reaction score
I'm having a similar problem. Is there a recall? a way to get it fixed?

KristenSLP

Reaction score
Just got my 21 Nightfall edition today and the trim is peeling all over the car! What's worse, is that I had this car shipped to me and of course dealer noted none of that in my interactions with them. The KIA dealership here in Omaha said that it 'should' be covered under warranty. Reading this, seems to be a common issue and one that they most definitely know about and should be taking care of.

Kia2020TB

22’ AWD SXP NF/T Gravity Grey/Black Napa
Reaction score
I have a 22’, owner since July 2021 and 19k miles now.

It’s fully garaged and other than out of town trips. I also hand wash the car - with minimal auto car washes - there are some micro scratches I can see but I don’t think I’m having any fading issues.

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Telluride? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

earnestdave

Reaction score
I’d like to start getting a list of people and file a class action on this against Kia. Who here is having problems, please reply. Thanks

awedbychrist

Reaction score
Very sorry to hear what you are going thru on a new car. Is your paint job and other external trim pieces ok?
My 2022 Telluride has the same problem. I took it into the dealer and they took pictures to send to KIA. Awaiting results. The guys there had said it is common at about 30K miles. I have 27K+

scottw324

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Reaction score
I was really looking to get a '22 EX Nightfall last fall but feel like I dodged a bullet on the Nightfall package. Instead got a '22 SXP AWD model and just swapped all the badging out for black lettering from Ebay for a fraction of the cost. I can easily live with the brushed silver trim.
Good luck guys.