Welcome to the Ad-Free KIA Telluride Community!

Please register with the BIGGEST and busiest Telluride community online. We'd LOVE to have you! Please note: This is an ADVERTISEMENT FREE community! No advertising is permitted. None.

Register Log in

No mud, sand, dirt modes for U.S. Tellurides? Canada only?

Texafornia

Reaction score
I noticed youtube videos where the Canadian models get several off-road modes in AWD while the US one just gets snow? I'm seeing videos from Canada where instead of the "Lock" button in the U.S., it says "Terrain". And pushing that then turns on the ability to choose mud, sand, snow...

It's here at 4:30 in.

I'd much rather have all those options, but are they only sold in Canada?

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Telluride? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

Jackal

Reaction score
I wrote to both Kia USA and Canada asking what the differences are in operation between the two. USA responded saying they have no idea as they know only about the US version. Canada has not yet responded. I also asked whether I could special order the Canadian capabilities in the USA - no response.

I wonder whether all three of the Canadian modes lock the diff, or not.

I'm looking into buying in Canada and importing to the USA, which so far I gather is rather easy and cheap. Interestingly, the USA SX model with the Prestige Package is US$43.490 MSRP (approx. CDN$56,951.90) and seems to be the same, apart from the terrain modes, as the Candian SX Limited MSRP at CDN$53.995, so possibly cheaper to buy there with the benefit of the three modes.

regaphysics

Reaction score
Pretty sure its Snow is 60/40 mud is 70/30 and and Dirt is 80/20. No locked Diff for us Canadains.
So basically snow or lock is your best bet anyway. Why bother with mud or dirt other than maybe small programming differences. 80/20 is hardly even AWD lol.

jazzyone

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
I'm looking into buying in Canada and importing to the USA, which so far I gather is rather easy and cheap. Interestingly, the USA SX model with the Prestige Package is US$43.490 MSRP (approx. CDN$56,951.90) and seems to be the same, apart from the terrain modes, as the Candian SX Limited MSRP at CDN$53.995, so possibly cheaper to buy there with the benefit of the three modes.
A dealer in AZ was selling a used SX (200 miles) from Canada.

LtFireguy

Reaction score
I'm in Canada and I'm told that the difference between actually having a lock button is that the different modes does lock in the differential but at different values for the different modes, if that makes any sense.

Here is a screen shot of an email i received from KIA Canada about why there are differences between USA and Canada. I actually was emailing them about the inability to get black wheels here.

Attachments