Welcome to the Ad-Free KIA Telluride Community!

Please register with the BIGGEST and busiest Telluride community online. We'd LOVE to have you! Please note: This is an ADVERTISEMENT FREE community! No advertising is permitted. None.

Register Log in

No towing/hitch or power lift gate option for the LX and S?

Telluride Forum

Staff member
FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Per the Kia site there will be no towing/hitch or power lift gate option for the LX and S?
Welcome aboard! And thank you for signing up. I haven't got that deep into the nitty gritty of things - but if you're not seeing those options in LX or S trims - but you ARE seeing them in EX and SX - then I would have to assume your assumption is correct...

Destrukt

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
If this is true then they knew what would force a few to upgrade their package. There is no way you get a 2020 SUV without power tailgate. Wifey will be mad without one, lol

Telluride Forum

Staff member
FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Aftermarket or dealer installed hitch is not a big deal. But the power tailgate?....I'm getting too lazy for "manual" operation!
Yes, I hear ya about the hitch. Easy enough to install. It's not too unusual, however, that they make something basic only available in a higher priced package. I see that with things like rain-sensing windshield wipers all the time.

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Telluride? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

Destrukt

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
It’s a bit discouraging that it wouldn’t be available in the S package because that one seems like the “value package” most would select. It even comes with the 20 inch machine finished wheels. If you upgrade to the EX package you get 18 inch wheels instead.....what’s up with that?!

Telluride Forum

Staff member
FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
It’s a bit discouraging that it wouldn’t be available in the S package because that one seems like the “value package” most would select. It even comes with the 20 inch machine finished wheels. If you upgrade to the EX package you get 18 inch wheels instead.....what’s up with that?!
S is Sport and more about big wheels (visual aesthetics) and better handling (performance). EX is more about luxury. More buyers who favor luxury lean toward the softer ride that'll come with smaller 18" wheels and don't want to sacrifice that ride quality for larger, better looking wheels.

critrider

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
S is Sport and more about big wheels (visual aesthetics) and better handling (performance). EX is more about luxury. More buyers who favor luxury lean toward the softer ride that'll come with smaller 18" wheels and don't want to sacrifice that ride quality for larger, better looking wheels.
Im sure Kia is monitoring this Forum. Add that power lift gate and a hitch option and its all good!! Assuming another 1800 or so for AWD the S package is a solid value for the $$

Destrukt

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
As long as they give you the option to individually add things like power tail gate WITHOUT having to upgrade to the next trim.....

Telluride Forum

Staff member
FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
As long as they give you the option to individually add things like power tail gate WITHOUT having to upgrade to the next trim.....
Some things they will, and some things they won't. All brands have certain things that aren't available to the lower trims. But hopefully something as normal/usual as a power tailgate will be available at least as an option in any trim...

SBPC20

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Yeah the S trim Looks to be the ideal package except the 20” wheels.. I will surely have to negotiate to get the 18’s.. or at least put a bigger(sidewall) tire on the 20..

Destrukt

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Yeah, I’m getting old lol, I need the ride quality over looks.. plus theres added expense of 20” tires / and lower fuel mpg .. I see they come with Pirelli and Michelin as a option, so wishful thinking maybe the Michelin have a bigger sidewall?
If I get the EX we could always swap wheels and tires! I want the 20's but all the options on the EX except the 18 inch wheels, lol

Telluride Forum

Staff member
FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Yeah, I’m getting old lol, I need the ride quality over looks.. plus theres added expense of 20” tires / and lower fuel mpg .. I see they come with Pirelli and Michelin as a option, so wishful thinking maybe the Michelin have a bigger sidewall?
I prefer the softer ride as well. So does @Jenny Wang. If I want a firm ride, I'll get a high performance vehicle...

Jenny Wang

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
I'm not old but I want a soft ride too. If I'm cruising around with my grandparents, I'm sure they'd appreciate a nice soft ride. I think smaller wheels make for a quieter ride too.
I prefer the softer ride as well. So does @Jenny Wang. If I want a firm ride, I'll get a high performance vehicle...
Yes I agree.

But a power lift gate should be standard. That's a basic option like power windows.