No soliciting permitted.

Register Log in

North DFW buying experience

ebetancourt

Reaction score
Here is my story.

This weekend I went to the Carrollton dealership to see what they have. Salesperson A said they didn’t have one but I could order one if I really wanted it. $500 refundable deposit. We couldn’t order the SXP Package because Kia was not accepting them. They did however have one that was coming in, that I could purchase, however, it was not the color I wanted.

Today my wife checked to see if their company gives them discounts (works for a big company). They blasted her contact information to all the local dealerships.

The one in Irving said they didn’t have one, but they did have the EX. No pressure they just want us to come out and check it out.

Carrollton contacted her via text and Voicemail. They said they can sell us one for a non-refundable $1,000 deposit and we had to hurry because he spoke with his manager and they are only allowed to do it for 10 days. That the initial deposit was $2,500. She asked to verify because salesperson A this past weekend told us it was $500 refundable. He can back and reiterated it was not refundable.

He then left a VM and offered to allow us to get inside with our kids on an already bought and paid for Telluride.

I went to Plano during my lunch break because on their website it showed they had one. I showed up and talked to a salesperson told him what I was looking for. He said unfortunately they didn’t have one. Did not try and pressure me to get my contact info but did say they may have one this weekend to look at.

McKinney reaches out to the wifey. Gave her information, said they didn’t have one. She did not feel there was any pressure selling going on. He said he will let her know when they had one.

I reached out to Kia in Corinth. They said they had one, however, they could not allow us to test drive it or sit in it due to it belonging to a customer already. He did say he can open it up an allow us to look inside. Wife and I decided to go (actually respected that, if I bought one from there I felt mine would be treated the same). We got to the dealership and wife fell in love. He let us look at it thoroughly, did not feel like there was any sales pressure at all.

We decided that we are indeed going to buy it and went inside to make the order happen. Salesperson was pleasant and allowed us to ask about ever single accessory the Telluride has. They only asked for $300 deposit and they said it was refundable.

So now we are in line to get a Dark Moss with Dune Seat trim. Thank you Donavan Castillo from Corinth Kia.

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Telluride? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

jw_tx21

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Here is my story.

This weekend I went to the Carrollton dealership to see what they have. Salesperson A said they didn’t have one but I could order one if I really wanted it. $500 refundable deposit. We couldn’t order the SXP Package because Kia was not accepting them. They did however have one that was coming in, that I could purchase, however, it was not the color I wanted.

Today my wife checked to see if their company gives them discounts (works for a big company). They blasted her contact information to all the local dealerships.

The one in Irving said they didn’t have one, but they did have the EX. No pressure they just want us to come out and check it out.

Carrollton contacted her via text and Voicemail. They said they can sell us one for a non-refundable $1,000 deposit and we had to hurry because he spoke with his manager and they are only allowed to do it for 10 days. That the initial deposit was $2,500. She asked to verify because salesperson A this past weekend told us it was $500 refundable. He can back and reiterated it was not refundable.

He then left a VM and offered to allow us to get inside with our kids on an already bought and paid for Telluride.

I went to Plano during my lunch break because on their website it showed they had one. I showed up and talked to a salesperson told him what I was looking for. He said unfortunately they didn’t have one. Did not try and pressure me to get my contact info but did say they may have one this weekend to look at.

McKinney reaches out to the wifey. Gave her information, said they didn’t have one. She did not feel there was any pressure selling going on. He said he will let her know when they had one.

I reached out to Kia in Corinth. They said they had one, however, they could not allow us to test drive it or sit in it due to it belonging to a customer already. He did say he can open it up an allow us to look inside. Wife and I decided to go (actually respected that, if I bought one from there I felt mine would be treated the same). We got to the dealership and wife fell in love. He let us look at it thoroughly, did not feel like there was any sales pressure at all.

We decided that we are indeed going to buy it and went inside to make the order happen. Salesperson was pleasant and allowed us to ask about ever single accessory the Telluride has. They only asked for $300 deposit and they said it was refundable.

So now we are in line to get a Dark Moss with Dune Seat trim. Thank you Donavan Castillo from Corinth Kia.
Well, you can't go wrong with Huffines Kia of Corinth (or McKinney). Excellent dealership - I have my order with them since April, and they have kept me informed. You'll enjoy the car, but it will be a semi-painful wait.

DonovanCastillo

Reaction score
Thank you Edgar. It was not a painful wait for them — it was less than a month. They placed an order with me. On Saturday night someone backed out of a reserved vehicle. I always follow up with my customers — customers service is the most important thing to me. I called Edgar and how wife on Labor Day 9/2/2019 — an SX prestige was available. They test drive it — loved it— and then are now proud owners of the SX prestige Telluride.

I am taking orders from all over the DFW metroplex and state wide every single day. We do not mark up the price nor add silly dealer add ons that make no sense. Huffines has been around since 1924 and family owned — owner is Ray Huffines himself. We are all about honesty and integrity. Being transparent and customer service is our number one priority. All these other dealers are stealing your deposits like Edgar stated. We do not even cash your deposit — we only require a copy of your drivers license and a check payable to Huffines Kia Corinth since the dealer cannot order the car and they require proof that it’s for a dealer. As you all know, many dealers even without dealer add ons are adding $5,000 to $10,000 on top of the sticker price.

Do not get scammed. Come see me or many of my orders are over the phone it takes 5 minutes. We will build the car for you and you will also be on a waitlist — if someone backs out of a reserved Telluride I personally call all my customers that are waiting on their order to see if they’re interested.

Since we are the number one dealer of Tellurides in the southwest region of Texas because of our reputation, Kia is now sending us unreserved tellurides that are for sale. I currently have two for sale — contact me by call or text 817-903-1130

Edgar I hope you and your wife are now proud owners. Thank you so much!

bopat23

Reaction score
I'd like to add that I was at the Huffines Corinth dealership today with my family. A last minute visit, but we were close and I decided to call and ask if they had any we could come and look at (Ex, SX and SXP). Jeremy was super nice over the phone, but did warn me that in the half to one hour that I was going to take to come in, the SXP on the lot could be gone. And he was right!! We got there, 4th in line to see the car. Right after the person ahead of us got back from her test drive, the one in front of her just bought it. So even she missed out!

In any case, we came to see what our options were. I finally met Donovan face to face. Seems like a stand up guy! In fact everyone at that place are super nice. ABSOLUTELY no pressure to buy, place an order etc. We were bummed that we couldn't even get to peer into the sold SXP, but just before we left (spent a good 2 hours there), another manager Alex said they had another (sold) SXP that we could peer into just to see what it looked like. I really respect their attitude towards their customers who have already purchased. This makes me relax knowing that I will be treated the same way should I order the Telluride. Jeremy the sales associate who helped us, was super nice and patient too. Great guy too!

Once my wife and I decide for sure on the Telluride (it's cousin also is an enticing proposition), we are ONLY using KIA Corinth!

Two thumbs up based on our first visit there today! Very different from our experience at other dealerships!

LuLu

Reaction score
Thank you Edgar. It was not a painful wait for them — it was less than a month. They placed an order with me. On Saturday night someone backed out of a reserved vehicle. I always follow up with my customers — customers service is the most important thing to me. I called Edgar and how wife on Labor Day 9/2/2019 — an SX prestige was available. They test drive it — loved it— and then are now proud owners of the SX prestige Telluride.

I am taking orders from all over the DFW metroplex and state wide every single day. We do not mark up the price nor add silly dealer add ons that make no sense. Huffines has been around since 1924 and family owned — owner is Ray Huffines himself. We are all about honesty and integrity. Being transparent and customer service is our number one priority. All these other dealers are stealing your deposits like Edgar stated. We do not even cash your deposit — we only require a copy of your drivers license and a check payable to Huffines Kia Corinth since the dealer cannot order the car and they require proof that it’s for a dealer. As you all know, many dealers even without dealer add ons are adding $5,000 to $10,000 on top of the sticker price.

Do not get scammed. Come see me or many of my orders are over the phone it takes 5 minutes. We will build the car for you and you will also be on a waitlist — if someone backs out of a reserved Telluride I personally call all my customers that are waiting on their order to see if they’re interested.

Since we are the number one dealer of Tellurides in the southwest region of Texas because of our reputation, Kia is now sending us unreserved tellurides that are for sale. I currently have two for sale — contact me by call or text 817-903-1130

LuLu

Reaction score
Donovan, I am interested in a Moss EX with butterscotch interior. I would go with a different interior color if available. I live inHouston but willing to make the drive for a reasonable price.

Monica

Reaction score
Donovan, I am interested in a Moss EX with butterscotch interior. I would go with a different interior color if available. I live inHouston but willing to make the drive for a reasonable price.
They have a dark moss SX AWD dark moss with butterscotch interior with zero markup. He can also place your order if that doesn’t work with zero obligation and no markup. Text him 817-903–1130

jw_tx21

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score

Yes, that's good service on your part. I had actually ordered from the same dealership May 6 - a Moss / Dune SXP with Tow - same configuration - it was due in the end of August, but must have been sold - maybe Edgar got it. I was contacted in October and told my May order had arrived, but I did back out then so someone else could have it as I had already found one. I guess orders aren't fulfilled in the order in which they are received at the dealership, but that's okay! Glad it all worked out for everyone.

G

G-941380

Yes, that's good service on your part. I had actually ordered from the same dealership May 6 - a Moss / Dune SXP with Tow - same configuration - it was due in the end of August, but must have been sold - maybe Edgar got it. I was contacted in October and told my May order had arrived, but I did back out then so someone else could have it as I had already found one. I guess orders aren't fulfilled in the order in which they are received at the dealership, but that's okay! Glad it all worked out for everyone.
I ended up skipping the Moss/Dune and went with the Black Copper/Dune. I love it!

Shutter guy

Reaction score
Got mine from Classic Carrollton. HORRIBLE experience!! Worst customer service. Once they got the deposit - no contact- until I reached out to them. Then when I went to pick it up- he raised the price- way different terms than what he explained to me when paid the deposit- and told my wife basically that he can just turn around and sell it the same day if we don’t want it- after waiting almost 3 months. So I felt robbed. Don’t buy from them!!!

Jason Fox

AUTHORIZED DEALER
Reaction score
Got mine from Classic Carrollton. HORRIBLE experience!! Worst customer service. Once they got the deposit - no contact- until I reached out to them. Then when I went to pick it up- he raised the price- way different terms than what he explained to me when paid the deposit- and told my wife basically that he can just turn around and sell it the same day if we don’t want it- after waiting almost 3 months. So I felt robbed. Don’t buy from them!!!
Wow. Not right at all.

jw_tx21

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
I ended up skipping the Moss/Dune and went with the Black Copper/Dune. I love it!
Yes, I figured based on your photos and the record of what was actually shipped to the dealership (they didn't have a Moss Green to sell at the time you took delivery). But, for the salesperson to post that orders were fulfilled in a few weeks - that's disingenuous. You got lucky with an order someone else backed out of. Since they had my order, best to make you happy since you were local by offering you that combo. I'm glad you got one so quickly!

I actually think my order was inbound earlier to them, but it got damaged or destroyed in shipping. They were scheduled to get a Moss Green / Dune with tow in August, VIN was created 7/31, but that VIN doesn't exist anymore. Another forum member posted about a truck fire with Tellurides inbound to DFW (an SX for sure) that got burned... so maybe it was on that truck! Anyway, it all worked out.

Donovan also appears to be posting reviews from internal or on Facebook from a shell account named Monica...

Despite those observations, I still believe Corinth is a very reputable dealership and worth buying from. When I released my May SX-P order in October, they told me that their corporate ethics policy prevents them from selling above MSRP. Glad they have an ethics policy... more dealers could use one!!!

Last edited:

Awade32

Reaction score
Who did you work with?

tops

Reaction score
Wow. Not right at all.
Yup, Classic Carrollton is a joke and very unprofessional, they're selling over MSRP and the sales manager James Curry is very aggressive and bragging on how he puts in 80 orders of Telluride a week and their dealership is the best in the DFW area so he can sell it for whatever. He was talking very loud and trying to be intimidating when talking to me and was claiming he has the best price in town and if I can get a buyers offer that was better than his he would match it. I had a bad feeling about the sales rep Shantel Davis and James but gave them benefit of the doubt based on my friend working for their sister dealership and placed an order with them. My current car is on its last leg and the next day it wouldn't start so I called them back asking if I cancel my order I can get my refund back and buy another car even if it was on their lot. They said no and the deposit was for the Telluride and that credit would only go towards the at car. I was questioning that but she said that was the policy which made me question the dealership even more. Every time I try to reach out to her after I had placed the order, she's always unavailable because she was with a client but when I wanted to come in and order one she was available any time of the day for me. This made me want to cancel the order just for customer service not being good.

I started to look online to see their review and stumbled across this forum so I joined and read about KIA in Corinth. I called them up and and told them about my situation and asked for the buyers offer which he sent it to me within a few minutes knowing I might not be buying from him. I sent the buyers offer to James and gave him a call he starts laughing and ask which dealership it was then said he'll need to make a few calls. Never heard from him again or the Shantel so I kept calling back and finally getting an email saying that they never said that and the sales woman said she never heard him say that even though she was sitting next to him when he said that. So I proceed to tell them to cancel the order and requested my refund back I never hear back from them. So I called my credit card company up and filed a dispute with them. I finally get a call from the sales rep yelling at me and saying I'm unethical and I can hear someone in the back telling her what to say and when I asked for the Request ID# to prove she placed the order she said she doesn't know what that is and I hear someone else talking in the back and she started yelling at me again then hung up before I can respond to her.

Needless to say I went and ordered a new car with KIA of Corinth and they said if my car ends up not working any more while I wait for the Telluride to get in they would refund me my deposit. Just hoping my car last long enough for the Telluride to show up! Stay far away from this dealership!

Jason Fox

AUTHORIZED DEALER
Reaction score
Yup, Classic Carrollton is a joke and very unprofessional, they're selling over MSRP and the sales manager James Curry is very aggressive and bragging on how he puts in 80 orders of Telluride a week and their dealership is the best in the DFW area so he can sell it for whatever. He was talking very loud and trying to be intimidating when talking to me and was claiming he has the best price in town and if I can get a buyers offer that was better than his he would match it. I had a bad feeling about the sales rep Shantel Davis and James but gave them benefit of the doubt based on my friend working for their sister dealership and placed an order with them. My current car is on its last leg and the next day it wouldn't start so I called them back asking if I cancel my order I can get my refund back and buy another car even if it was on their lot. They said no and the deposit was for the Telluride and that credit would only go towards the at car. I was questioning that but she said that was the policy which made me question the dealership even more. Every time I try to reach out to her after I had placed the order, she's always unavailable because she was with a client but when I wanted to come in and order one she was available any time of the day for me. This made me want to cancel the order just for customer service not being good.

I started to look online to see their review and stumbled across this forum so I joined and read about KIA in Corinth. I called them up and and told them about my situation and asked for the buyers offer which he sent it to me within a few minutes knowing I might not be buying from him. I sent the buyers offer to James and gave him a call he starts laughing and ask which dealership it was then said he'll need to make a few calls. Never heard from him again or the Shantel so I kept calling back and finally getting an email saying that they never said that and the sales woman said she never heard him say that even though she was sitting next to him when he said that. So I proceed to tell them to cancel the order and requested my refund back I never hear back from them. So I called my credit card company up and filed a dispute with them. I finally get a call from the sales rep yelling at me and saying I'm unethical and I can hear someone in the back telling her what to say and when I asked for the Request ID# to prove she placed the order she said she doesn't know what that is and I hear someone else talking in the back and she started yelling at me again then hung up before I can respond to her.

Needless to say I went and ordered a new car with KIA of Corinth and they said if my car ends up not working any more while I wait for the Telluride to get in they would refund me my deposit. Just hoping my car last long enough for the Telluride to show up! Stay far away from this dealership!
Man.... So sorry to hear this. Best of luck going forward.