Welcome to the Ad-Free KIA Telluride Community!

Please register with the BIGGEST and busiest Telluride community online. We'd LOVE to have you! Please note: This is an ADVERTISEMENT FREE community! No advertising is permitted. None.

Register Log in

Oil change

TellurideSX

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
I did the first one at 2500 miles to get the first oil out and also get some good oil in there. The GDI will need it.

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Telluride? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

13_FST

Staff member
FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
I'm getting my first one done in October of 2019, irrespective of how many kms I'd have on the vehicle. I'm expecting ~4K kms at that time.

After that, I'll be doing oil changes every six months irrespective of how many kms I've driven. This is because a) oil change isn't very expensive, b) I am planning on keeping the vehicle for a long time, and c) we live in Edmonton where it gets extremely cold in winter. As per the manual, it says that if you're doing short trips or live in extreme weather conditions, get your oil changes done earlier and more frequently.

RetSab

Reaction score
I received a "Welcome" post card from Kia with an offer for a free oil change and 10% off Kia parts. I had my oil changed at 1500 miles, the service person had never seen this offer but checked with a higher office and honored this oil change. This dealership provides two oil changes in the first year, a state inspection, and a detail with new auto purchases. I had wanted an early oil change after reading about the benefits of doing so in other posts. I really don't drive a lot so my Kia should have fresh oil most of the first year and a half.