No soliciting permitted.

Register Log in

Oil Filter Kit- aluminum crush ring

Hubcity806

Reaction score
Where does the aluminum crush ring/washer provided in the oil filter kit installed? Numerous videos discuss the part but none clarify or show installation in their videos. I understand the rubber seal/gasket is placed on the filter canister. I have called the Local Kia Dealer and the parts department didn't have a clue what I was talking about. I called the Napa store and the rep thinks it replaces the drain plug washer. Any viable info and clarification is greatly appreciated!

markjenn

Reaction score
I don’t know about the Telluride specifically, but most cars use an aluminum crush washer to seal the oil drain plug bolt. After removing the drain bolt, you simply replace the old washer with the new one. (They’re often not replaced and it seldom causes any leak.)

- Mark

Hubcity806

Reaction score
I don’t know about the Telluride specifically, but most cars use an aluminum crush washer to seal the oil drain plug bolt. After removing the drain bolt, you simply replace the old washer with the new one. (They’re often not replaced and it seldom causes any leak.)

- Mark
Thanks for the info.
From the feedback I have received from various sources, the consensus is that the aluminum ring replaces the oil drain plug seal. If anyone knows otherwise please enlighten. "Ignorance is Bliss". By the way the oil change seems more tedious than expected, but manageable.

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Telluride? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!