No soliciting permitted.

Register Log in

Oil leak

Indygal

Reaction score
Week number two of not having my brand new Telluride. Spoke with the service department this morning and they are going to have to tear apart the engine and transmission to find the oil leak. Nothing like paying $38,000+ for a vehicle and getting to drive it 2.5 days. I'm starting to have buyers remorse!

cliffnerd5

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
I get that it is a new car to them. But very disappointing something like an oil leak would still not have even a diagnosis entering week two. It's a naturally aspirated V6, not rocket science.

Indygal

Reaction score
Sorry to hear. Hopefully they gave you a loaner .. they should also comp your first payment … reach out to Kia Customer Care to escalate.
Thank you. I did just that!

Luvcats69

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Keep us in the loop as to the culprit. Sorry you have to go through that after spending so much money. If something else soon breaks, I'd be looking for Kia to do a buy back.

Indygal

Reaction score
End of week two and still no information. I believe it to be the dealership I am dealing with versus the actual vehicle. I'm no mechanic, but it should not take 14 days to find the source of the leak!

Luvcats69

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
End of week two and still no information. I believe it to be the dealership I am dealing with versus the actual vehicle. I'm no mechanic, but it should not take 14 days to find the source of the leak!
Unbelievable. That's totally unacceptable!

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Telluride? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

Armzz

Reaction score
Sad to hear that, I read somewhere on this forum that another person had an oil leak also, I hope they resolve it very soon and you get to enjoy your new anticipated Telly.

Indygal

Reaction score
Oh Black Betty spent 18 days at the dealership. Oil leak on the back part of the engine. The seal was bent during manufacturing. Finally got her back and took her on a trip to Gatlinburg. It was so very comfortable. No complaints from passengers about anything. Got a few people asking me about it. Love the “oh shit” handles for when I scare myself driving 🤣. Time to get her windows tinted and a few other upgrades.

Attachments

Armzz

Reaction score
Oh Black Betty spent 18 days at the dealership. Oil leak on the back part of the engine. The seal was bent during manufacturing. Finally got her back and took her on a trip to Gatlinburg. It was so very comfortable. No complaints from passengers about anything. Got a few people asking me about it. Love the “oh shit” handles for when I scare myself driving 🤣. Time to get her windows tinted and a few other upgrades.
Really Great News, glad they pinpointed the issue, Enjoy it!! Worth the wait !!

Luvcats69

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Glad everything got worked out.

Do your thing, girl! (Ha)

Bwagoner

Reaction score
Week number two of not having my brand new Telluride. Spoke with the service department this morning and they are going to have to tear apart the engine and transmission to find the oil leak. Nothing like paying $38,000+ for a vehicle and getting to drive it 2.5 days. I'm starting to have buyers remorse!
I bought mine on Christmas Eve and I have only driven it 5 days and it has been at e dealer since because of leaking oil. They can’t figure out where it is coming from. I would take my money back but they won’t refund

BellyTelly

Reaction score
I bought mine on Christmas Eve and I have only driven it 5 days and it has been at e dealer since because of leaking oil. They can’t figure out where it is coming from. I would take my money back but they won’t refund
It happens. Atleast they are trying to fix it. My 2013 GMC Terrain had big oil eating prob. I was adding 3-4 quarts in between oil changes. Had under 20k miles. Gm said it was not eating enough to do anything and for me to just keep adding oil. Will never buy GM again.

G

G-143444

Thinking if you scare yourself that bad while driving, that you might want to have 2 hands on the steering wheel. 😜