No soliciting permitted.

Oil percentage in screen

mrluckee

Reaction score
Hi, has anyone know how to view oil percentage in the screen(dash board), thanks in advance🙂

JCzoom

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Hi, has anyone know how to view oil percentage in the screen(dash board), thanks in advance🙂
I don't believe it has that feature. You simply set the service internal to the mileage that you want to do oil changes and it reminds you a few times as that mileage gets close.

ucinn

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Ours is reminding us with 3000 miles left, is there a way to set the reminder interval?

Tellmeride

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
I don’t think he was talking about the reminder, but rather an indicator for oil level.

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Telluride? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

mrluckee

Reaction score
I don’t think he was talking about the reminder, but rather an indicator for oil level.
Yes sir an indicator level, like in My honda before , it will display in screen 15% oil life, once it turns to 0 %, will illuminate oil icon, need to oil change. Is the telluride has that one?

jazzyone

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Ours is reminding us with 3000 miles left, is there a way to set the reminder interval?

The Service In default interval should be 900 miles or 30 days. It may be due to the number of days remaining. I can’t remember exactly the number of days but 9 months (oldest possible KT in the US) sounds about right.

To change the interval, go to MODE on the steering wheel then,

MODE > USER SETTING > SERVICE INTERVAL > then select from (Enable Service Interval, Adjust Interval, Reset)

jw_tx21

SUSTAINING MEMBER
FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Yes sir an indicator level, like in My honda before , it will display in screen 15% oil life, once it turns to 0 %, will illuminate oil icon, need to oil change. Is the telluride has that one?

No, that's already been said.

CGeorge

Reaction score
I don't believe it has that feature. You simply set the service internal to the mileage that you want to do oil changes and it reminds you a few times as that mileage gets close.
WOW Really, I had mine a week and thought it had this feature. A $50k car doesn’t tell you when the oil needs changing?? So what does the system check do? Thanks

Tellthemride

Reaction score
A $70K fully loaded Audi doesn’t have any oil life indicator either. You bring in your car for service at the recommended service intervals and you should be fine. The Telly reminds you when your service intervals are due. If you want to see how many miles/days have elapsed from the last service just need to change your instrument cluster menu to view the miles/days remaining until service is due.

Honda’s oil life indicator works on the same principal. Service due based on miles driven since last oil change. It’s not any kind of sophisticated quality sensor that can detect bad oil if that is what people here are confused about.

Last edited:

CGeorge

Reaction score
A $70K fully loaded Audi doesn’t have any oil life indicator either. You bring in your car for service at the recommended service intervals and you should be fine. The Telly reminds you when your service intervals are due. If you want to see how many miles/days have elapsed from the last service just need to change your instrument cluster menu to view the miles/days remaining until service is due.

Honda’s oil life indicator works on the same principal. Service due based on miles driven since last oil change. It’s not any kind of sophisticated quality sensor that can detect bad oil if that is what people here are confused about.

I found the maintenance info on the UVO app for my car and can set up the app to send me notifications of when it’s due. It’s doesn’t give you the % of oil used but it tells you how many miles until your next oil change. Question does the Telluride use synthetic oil? I’m assuming yes since the oil change is every 6 months.

Kwim

Reaction score
This oil quality sensor is mainly used on diesel engines, as these engines are sensitive to oil quality. I have not met on gasoline. For Honda, as I wrote above @Tellthemride , the mileage and days are converted to percentages, but in fact, the calculation system, like that of telluride, depends on the mileage.

Kwim

Reaction score
I found the maintenance info on the UVO app for my car and can set up the app to send me notifications of when it’s due. It’s doesn’t give you the % of oil used but it tells you how many miles until your next oil change. Question does the Telluride use synthetic oil? I’m assuming yes since the oil change is every 6 months.
No, semi-synthetics come from the factory. You can use synthetics but this will not give you an increase in spacing.
Still 6k or 6 months.