Welcome to the Ad-Free KIA Telluride Community!

Please register with the BIGGEST and busiest Telluride community online. We'd LOVE to have you! Please note: This is an ADVERTISEMENT FREE community! No advertising is permitted. None.

Register Log in

Orange Daytime Running Lights

Haus

Reaction score
According to all the press photos, the daytime running lights that come on the Telluride are orange / amber.
However, seeing the pictures of the Tellurides reaching the dealership, the daytime running lights are white.

To me, the orange daytime running lights were part of what makes it cool. Any info on why they are white and if they can be changed to orange? Is the SX Prestige trim orange?

tallLeRoy

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Looks like the LX, S and EX trims have a single headlight surrounded by white positioning leds. The SX trim has stacked dual headlights surrounded by amber positioning leds. I think I remember reading that the SX trim has LED headlights.

Fortune

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
According to all the press photos, the daytime running lights that come on the Telluride are orange / amber.
However, seeing the pictures of the Tellurides reaching the dealership, the daytime running lights are white.

To me, the orange daytime running lights were part of what makes it cool. Any info on why they are white and if they can be changed to orange? Is the SX Prestige trim orange?
im the opposite, i wish the SX got the white DRLs... apparently the dual beam LED headlight equipped models get the orange DRLs, and the standard single beam halogen headlight equipped models get the white DRLs... im not a fan of the orange, but oh well i guess...

Telluride Forum

Staff member
FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
im the opposite, i wish the SX got the white DRLs... apparently the dual beam LED headlight equipped models get the orange DRLs, and the standard single beam halogen headlight equipped models get the white DRLs... im not a fan of the orange, but oh well i guess...
Yeah, I think I prefer the white as well. There may be a way to change it with the aftermarket in the future...

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Telluride? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

Telluride Forum

Staff member
FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Depends on the color of the car. If you get a white car, white lights would look better I believe. A black / darker car may look better with the orange lights, however.
Yeah, I was thinking that. The color of the exterior will make a difference. I think white would look best with white, black, grey...

Fortune

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Yeah, I think I prefer the white as well. There may be a way to change it with the aftermarket in the future...
im hoping for a yellow fog light upgrade in the future as well. i really don't want to put yellow film over the lenses...
Depends on the color of the car. If you get a white car, white lights would look better I believe. A black / darker car may look better with the orange lights, however.
i ordered black copper, so we shall see... im wondering if they stay on when the headlights/foglights come on or not...

tallLeRoy

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
So my question now is which lights are on for low beams and which lights are on for high beams? I have not ever seen just one of the lights on inside of the orange position/turn signals. But I have seen those two lights on with the white light just below the orange position/turn signals. Are those the high beams?

What is on when parking lamps are selected?

LeRoy

Fortune

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
So my question now is which lights are on for low beams and which lights are on for high beams? I have not ever seen just one of the lights on inside of the orange position/turn signals. But I have seen those two lights on with the white light just below the orange position/turn signals. Are those the high beams?

What is on when parking lamps are selected?

LeRoy
They are dual beam LED low beams, with automatic high beams. Also the small light at the bottom of the housing is an LED as well, not sure if that's the high beam or what, but it can come on with all other lights illuminated, including the fogs.

OKIESXER

Reaction score
I don't care for the amber DRLs and don't see any way to turn them off in my owners manual. We have a white SX and also think the white DRLs would look much better, and we're getting no help from our dealership. Hopefully an after market fix or factory modification will be available in the near future.

Karam.31

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
I don't care for the amber DRLs and don't see any way to turn them off in my owners manual. We have a white SX and also think the white DRLs would look much better, and we're getting no help from our dealership. Hopefully an after market fix or factory modification will be available in the near future.
Yeah that's the reason I don't like the white cause of the amber lights. I think they look much better with darker colors.

tylor

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Not to be a Debbie Downer, but I highly doubt the amber DRLs will be changeable without cutting open the headlight housing and replacing the amber LED strip that circles the headlight. In this case, the amber DRLs also act as the front turn signal, so you would have to find a switchback-type led strip that is normally white, but changes to amber when the turn signal is activated. It would be an extremely difficult, if not impossible task. You may be better off swapping out the headlight housings all together for the halogen headlight and white DRL model found on lower trims, but then again the wiring harnesses and bulb connections are likely different.

Tim-in-CA

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Yea, it’s time to embrace the orange! At least those in the know that you sprung for the SX, but I’m sure mere mortals will not be aware.