Welcome to the Ad-Free KIA Telluride Community!

Please register with the BIGGEST and busiest Telluride community online. We'd LOVE to have you! Please note: This is an ADVERTISEMENT FREE community! No advertising is permitted. None.

Register Log in
  • PLEASE NOTE: This is a private community with only a few publicly accessible areas. Please sign up for open access to full level content.

Orange Daytime Running Lights

cmoses

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
I looked at an SX yesterday and checked out the Amber Daytime Running Lights. I thought they looked good on and also when signaling. I have been paying attention since I saw this thread and am considering a SX. I have noticed that a lot of manufacturers are using white for running lights. I like the way this looks until they signal. The white light completely goes away then amber light comes on for the signal. In some cases it's not an LED or even the same shape as the white running light. I do not like that look. The Telluride SX uses the amber box as the turn signal and just blinks.

Mia_telluride

Reaction score
Yeah I like the amber. As well it’s like a little hidden thing if you have the amber you know you have the full led housing light that’s only in the SX.

Jblakeney

Reaction score
I have a white SX prestige package and can confirm the orange LED. Would have to step out and verify on the high and low beam however. Haven’t paid attention

Netace44

Reaction score
Can someone confirm this:

In Canada I am seeing some EX models with the Amber DRL, and some with not, I am wondering if the first batch of Tellurides were sent to dealers like this.

westcoastTelly

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score

John

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
I have an SX with prestige package in the US. The orange DRLs are very bright, I prefer to keep the light switch in the positioning lights position because the orange DRLs are a little dimmer and an added benefit is the tail lights, although dimmer than when in the headlight position, stay on for additional visibility during the day.

NickB

Reaction score
I saw in FB a modified DRL to white LED using HEISE 50 watt HE-9006 LED Kit Single Beam Pair. I can see the item in Ebay at $67.88

LtFireguy

Reaction score
Lower models have white and higher models have amber. Here in Canada, we only have EX, SX, and SX Limited (Prestige) therefore no Tellurides have the white lights here.

Vietvet

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Am getting antsy.... I ordered the SX/Prestige/AWD/Tow.... Black on Black in Black... Have had 2 other black vehicles and 2 black motorcycles... I know a bitch to keep clean but when clean... SOOOO nice. My order was put in a month ago and might..... get it in another month or two. I do know that when I do get it... (covering my ears from my wife's complaint) I am going to get it set for a good ceramic coating. Initially it is $$$$ but...it does work out over the years of car washes and waxes. Have seen vehicles in colors as well as basic black and white and the finish looks GREAT if you get a good detailer. Colors look so vivid it makes your mouth water. I hope to keep this SX for several years... am in my 70s so maybe the T-Ride warranty will be longer than mine LOL.

So now... the waiting game... By the way...have only seen 3 others on the road.. even though our local dealer had 15 on the lot...(none SX the way I want). One was so dirty I think he/she tried it out on a mountain mud road. Oh well.

Crossefire00

Reaction score
Am getting antsy.... I ordered the SX/Prestige/AWD/Tow.... Black on Black in Black... Have had 2 other black vehicles and 2 black motorcycles... I know a bitch to keep clean but when clean... SOOOO nice. My order was put in a month ago and might..... get it in another month or two. I do know that when I do get it... (covering my ears from my wife's complaint) I am going to get it set for a good ceramic coating. Initially it is $$$$ but...it does work out over the years of car washes and waxes. Have seen vehicles in colors as well as basic black and white and the finish looks GREAT if you get a good detailer. Colors look so vivid it makes your mouth water. I hope to keep this SX for several years... am in my 70s so maybe the T-Ride warranty will be longer than mine LOL.

So now... the waiting game... By the way...have only seen 3 others on the road.. even though our local dealer had 15 on the lot...(none SX the way I want). One was so dirty I think he/she tried it out on a mountain mud road. Oh well.
I ordered less than two weeks ago and I'm antsy. I can't wait to get any piece of information from my dealer. I was considering the ceramic coating as well. Do you have any experience with it? Is there any maintenance for it? Once the coating is on, do you just wash and wax like you normally would? Thanks for any info and good luck on getting it sooner rather than later!

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.