Welcome to the Ad-Free KIA Telluride Community!

Please register with the BIGGEST and busiest Telluride community online. We'd LOVE to have you! Please note: This is an ADVERTISEMENT FREE community! No advertising is permitted. None.

Register Log in

Order my Telluride SX today!

tellride

Reaction score
Order my White Telluride SX today, will delivery end of this month, can't wait for that!!! Any one in Calgary as well?

D Faul

Reaction score
Really hope you get it by the end of the month. I ordered an everlasting silver SX about a month ago, and I'm still waiting on allocation and a VIN.

red426

Reaction score
Really hope you get it by the end of the month. I ordered an everlasting silver SX about a month ago, and I'm still waiting on allocation and a VIN.
When I went to the dealer, they were able to work out a price for me that 2 other dealers couldn’t, they were able to lower the price by $3,200 comparable. I’ve been told they have 2 SX on the way, black & white, my first choice was moss green, white 2nd. If I was to order my color choice, it will take much longer and my trade won’t be guaranteed. So took the white, I was actually assigned a vin # already... I hope this means it’s really coming by mid June. I hope you get yours soon.

D Faul

Reaction score
When I went to the dealer, they were able to work out a price for me that 2 other dealers couldn’t, they were able to lower the price by $3,200 comparable. I’ve been told they have 2 SX on the way, black & white, my first choice was moss green, white 2nd. If I was to order my color choice, it will take much longer and my trade won’t be guaranteed. So took the white, I was actually assigned a vin # already... I hope this means it’s really coming by mid June. I hope you get yours soon.
Man that's awesome. If they already had it coming in, then it's definitely reasonable to believe you will be getting yours soon. When I ordered mine, I left the dealer with the instruction that I would prefer the everlasting silver, but if a white one came in sooner, that I would definitely take it. I'm sure you'll enjoy that white SX, just as I would if one was offered to me before my silver came in.

Dennis

Reaction score
KIA (KMA) sent an email to dealers on 5/17, told them they have over 3,600 request for SX (Prestige) model of which 2,000 are sold orders, KMMG can only produce 500 per month. KMMG anticipates beginning increased production in late Q3. They are telling dealers that no more orders until such time they can meet demand.

JDoggery

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Wonder what the order levels for the other trim levels are?

KIA (KMA) sent an email to dealers on 5/17, told them they have over 3,600 request for SX (Prestige) model of which 2,000 are sold orders, KMMG can only produce 500 per month. KMMG anticipates beginning increased production in late Q3. They are telling dealers that no more orders until such time they can meet demand.

Dennis

Reaction score
Don't trust the word of RiverChase Kia in Pelham Alabama for anything! I ordered a car over a month ago, they have been very good at keeping me updated on the delivery status of the SX (Prestige Package)...yesterday I was on the lake with my wife and I got a text with pictures saying my car has arrived. I responded back to them that I would be there today to pick it up....my next communication with them was "Sorry, the dealership owner sold lit!" Amateur management practices at best...KIA will never gain a loyal customer base with dealers like this...PO'd in BAMA.

Karam.31

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Don't trust the word of RiverChase Kia in Pelham Alabama for anything! I ordered a car over a month ago, they have been very good at keeping me updated on the delivery status of the SX (Prestige Package)...yesterday I was on the lake with my wife and I got a text with pictures saying my car has arrived. I responded back to them that I would be there today to pick it up....my next communication with them was "Sorry, the dealership owner sold lit!" Amateur management practices at best...KIA will never gain a loyal customer base with dealers like this...PO'd in BAMA.
That is super shady... I would demand another one at a very large discount, or report their actions to the BBB, etc. Did you put a deposit down? Do you have a purchase agreement in writing? Etc..

Dennis

Reaction score
Ironically, I tried to get a signed deal when it was ordered and they assured me it was not necessary, they trusted that my wife and I were serious about purchasing. I told my wife when we left that it was very strange for a dealer not to consummate the sale when the buyer was ready. I think they knew the demand was out pacing the supply...good for them, bad for me. Still terrible management culture, terrible customer relations.

jw_tx21

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
They probably found a buyer willing to pay well over MSRP. Yes, best to negotiate the price upfront and get it signed... but that's still not a guarantee that they won't sell a "sold" order to someone willing to pay more, as to them, it's just another allocation.

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Telluride? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

Tasha

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
I ordered mine on April 13th. I thought it was very odd that I didn’t sign any papers. I will be very angry if this happens to me. Did you already have a VIN number?

tellride

Reaction score
That’s so weird, I ordered mine at May 7 and got a good deal, they said it will arrive end of May at that time. But after couple days they told me it is ready to delivery. I think it’s depends on the dealer, even I got a good discount, they still promise their words even better.

ucinn

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
I ordered from my regular dealer. I have purchased 8 vehicles from them in the last 8 years (7 Kias)..We didn't work out any deal but they also didn't require me to put a deposit on it because they know who I am. I doubt they would want to lose me as a customer, so not too worried about it. Plus we don't NEED this vehicle as the Sorento is a fine vehicle. We just WANT the Telluride.

rwmedia

Reaction score
Just to add to the story about how scarce these are, I purchased mine at the beginning of the month (May 2019) in Victoria, BC and they only had two at the dealership, a grey base model and the black SX we bought. Black and Moss were my color choices so that was fine by me and the SX was the model I wanted so it all worked out for us, but I have a buddy at a local Chrysler dealership who said he might be able to get me a preferred deal through his network in Vancouver (if you know the west coast of Canada you know that is the big city and the place all the cars come to before distribution in Western Canada). Anyhow, his friend from the auto group in Vancouver called me and I told him what we were getting and the price and he could not find another one at a better price. As it turns out, and I checked on this myself, there were only two delivered to the Kia dealership in Richmond, two to the dealer in Vancouver, and two to Victoria. That's how scarce these were at the beginning of May! That really surprised me. I thought if we had two here there would at least be 20 in Vancouver but apparently not.

Dennis

Reaction score
I retract my comments concerning RiverChase Kia in Pelham! We had an honest miscommunication and the dealership is doing everything they can to correct it! I am satisfied that the misunderstanding was sincere after taking a call from the dealership owner. Now, will I get the SX with the Prestige package? Don't know, and I really doubt I will see it in the next 5 months, but we'll see. they have won my business back.