No soliciting permitted.

Order placed today!

gn3rps

Reaction score
Just placed an order today for a Dark Moss/Dune SXP through Huffines Kia Corinth at MSRP. Quoted 3-5 months with a possibility of it being as early as 2 months (though no guarantees on that). Was told to expect an ETA in 8-12 weeks. For reference, they get 25-35 Tellys a month.

Initially wanted Moss/Dune but talked myself out of it (with the help of the wife) thinking I may eventually get tired of the color and that white will be easier to sell down the line, so I (we) decided on GWP/Black. Found out the black interior has a light headliner, so the next day changed it to GWP/Dune. Thanks to great photos here on the forums I couldn’t get Moss out of my mind. Day after changed to Dark Moss/Dune and ain’t lookin’ back! Definitely gives the Telluride a very upscale, rugged look.

Had a chance to buy a ‘21 Palisade Calligraphy AWD today at MSRP but the dealer offered $3k below Blue & Black Book for my trade and wouldn’t budge so I passed. Hope the Kia dealership doesn’t do the same when my Telly arrives…

DarkMossJustin

Reaction score
Glad the photos helped and congrats on deciding on a great color combo.

Welcome to the Dark Moss Dune Brown Gang. 👍

gn3rps

Reaction score
Forgot to mention that I’ll be trading in a 2021 Honda Pilot Special Edition. The Pilot’s a good car but just…..dull. And not very comfortable.

Prior to the Pilot I had a 2021 Explorer XLT. Love the way it drove with the Ecoboost, but the seats and interior quality were abysmal.

Amati5

Reaction score
Forgot to mention that I’ll be trading in a 2021 Honda Pilot Special Edition. The Pilot’s a good car but just…..dull. And not very comfortable.

Prior to the Pilot I had a 2021 Explorer XLT. Love the way it drove with the Ecoboost, but the seats and interior quality were abysmal.
You’re gonna find something wrong with the Telluride and replace it in 2022, based on your car purchase history 😁😁😁

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Telluride? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

gn3rps

Reaction score
You’re gonna find something wrong with the Telluride and replace it in 2022, based on your car purchase history 😁😁😁
Ha, perhaps. I tend to change cars like underwear!

In all seriousness, I’ve only been able to play musical cars thanks to the wacky Covid market. Hoping the Telluride, which is going to have significantly more features than any other car I’ve purchased (no more wish-I-had-this or that) will work out for the long term.

Had 1/2 ton trucks for a few years but then got offered nearly 40% more for the most recent than I paid for it a year ago. Found myself hauling more kids and groceries than lumber and bulky/dirty goods so I decided on an SUV. Got a great deal on the Explorer (new ‘21 that was a service loaner with 3k miles - 22% off MSRP). Poor interior quality drove me to look elsewhere — initially looked at the VW Atlas but couldn’t get over the severe lack of power. Drove a Mazda CX-9 but it was too small. Finally found the Pilot for about 10% off MSRP and went for it (offered over 10% more for the Explorer than I paid for it two weeks prior).

Hadn’t planned on pursuing a Telluride until I found this forum and learned they could still be had at MSRP from some places. Got a nice raise at work which allowed me to spring for the SXP.

The gripes I’ve had with my previous two SUVs seem to be solved by the Telluride. The seats are extremely comfortable even without the extendable thigh support, the interior fit and finish is top-notch, and I’ve read multiple places that it drives better than anything else in the class (haven’t had a chance to drive one yet). Not to mention the best-in-industry warranty.

I realize some Tellurides have had issues, but that can be expected from any car. Even my brand new Honda (who’s long been known for reliability) that’s essentially unchanged since the redesign in 2016 (meaning they’ve a long time to work out kinks) has had some issues, albeit minor. The fact that the Telluride was a brand new model from the ground up, huge demand, and scarce supply, I’m surprised there aren’t more issues than there are. I’m sure the factory workers are struggling to keep up!

Bearicus23

Reaction score
Just placed an order today for a Dark Moss/Dune SXP through Huffines Kia Corinth at MSRP. Quoted 3-5 months with a possibility of it being as early as 2 months (though no guarantees on that). Was told to expect an ETA in 8-12 weeks. For reference, they get 25-35 Tellys a month.

Initially wanted Moss/Dune but talked myself out of it (with the help of the wife) thinking I may eventually get tired of the color and that white will be easier to sell down the line, so I (we) decided on GWP/Black. Found out the black interior has a light headliner, so the next day changed it to GWP/Dune. Thanks to great photos here on the forums I couldn’t get Moss out of my mind. Day after changed to Dark Moss/Dune and ain’t lookin’ back! Definitely gives the Telluride a very upscale, rugged look.

Had a chance to buy a ‘21 Palisade Calligraphy AWD today at MSRP but the dealer offered $3k below Blue & Black Book for my trade and wouldn’t budge so I passed. Hope the Kia dealership doesn’t do the same when my Telly arrives…
Calligraphy is so nice though, especially with the digital cluster.. though yea.. look wise, Telluride is a bit better.

Telluride Forum

Staff member
Reaction score

Welcome aboard! And thank you for signing up. I'm glad you found us! What will the Telluride be replacing for you?

gn3rps

Reaction score
Welcome aboard! And thank you for signing up. I'm glad you found us! What will the Telluride be replacing for you?
Thank you! Glad I found y’all as well (yes, I’m Texan). Well, if you start count from the first of the year, it would be, in order:

1) 2019 Ram 1500 Big Horn
2) 2021 Explorer XLT
3) 2021 Pilot Special Edition

gn3rps

Reaction score
Salesman today told me there are 20-30 orders ahead of mine. As mentioned earlier, this dealership gets 25-35 Tellurides a month on average. Hoping mine gets picked up next month, but may be the month after.

gn3rps

Reaction score
Well, plans might change. Salesman sent me an email at closing time tonight that they’ll have an Ebony black EX Nightfall arriving on Thursday that is yet unclaimed. As much as I want the SXP, the EX has just about all the features I really wanted and is about $5,000 cheaper (meaning the wife will be happy), I wouldn’t have to wait months, and the all-black Ebony Nightfall does look pretty killer…

Responded to the salesman’s email a couple hours later that I’d buy it. If it’s still available come morning when he sees my email then I’ll be a proud new Telluride owner! Wouldn’t be able to pick it up until Saturday.

Now to prepare myself for a black vehicle with black interior in the height of the Texas summer….

gn3rps

Reaction score
Decided against the EX that was available as the difference in cost between an SX non-prestige with towing and that EX Nightfall w/out towing is only $2300... After adding comparable towing equipment (hitch and self-leveling shocks) and upgrading the base sound system in the EX the difference in cost would only be maybe $1000. For only a grand difference, the SX offers so much more.

The wife keeps trying to get me to not spend as much, so as a middle ground between that EX Nightfall and the SXP I initially ordered, I agreed to remove the Prestige package from the one I ordered.

So, I'll be getting a Dark Moss / Butterscotch SX AWD w/ towing package. Although, after seriously considering that black/black EX Nightfall I've become somewhat fond of the Ebony Black. Doubt I'll elect to change the color of my order, though.

gn3rps

Reaction score
Well, I still haven't quite decided 100% on a color combo, so I have two Tellurides on order! Both SX AWD w/ Tow, one Ebony Black w/ Butterscotch, the other Dark Moss w/ Butterscotch.

My concern about the Dark Moss was with the Butterscotch interior (don't like the gray or black interiors). Many photos online of the Butterscotch seem to give it an orange hue, which doesn't look right with Boss Moss in my opinion - so I placed another order for an Ebony one. However, after finding more photos online of the Butterscotch in better lighting the orange hue isn't there - it's simply a light tan, which I do think looks good with Moss.

So, now I'm torn. I still think the Ebony Black looks killer with the Butterscotch interior, but I'm not a fan of the maintenance black paint w/out metallic flake requires to keep looking good (not a fan of the purplish hue the Black Copper has in certain lighting).

There'll either be a Dark Moss or Ebony Black SX AWD w/ Tow available in the D/FW area in a few months!

DarkMossJustin

Reaction score
Well, I still haven't quite decided 100% on a color combo, so I have two Tellurides on order! Both SX AWD w/ Tow, one Ebony Black w/ Butterscotch, the other Dark Moss w/ Butterscotch.

My concern about the Dark Moss was with the Butterscotch interior (don't like the gray or black interiors). Many photos online of the Butterscotch seem to give it an orange hue, which doesn't look right with Boss Moss in my opinion - so I placed another order for an Ebony one. However, after finding more photos online of the Butterscotch in better lighting the orange hue isn't there - it's simply a light tan, which I do think looks good with Moss.

So, now I'm torn. I still think the Ebony Black looks killer with the Butterscotch interior, but I'm not a fan of the maintenance black paint w/out metallic flake requires to keep looking good (not a fan of the purplish hue the Black Copper has in certain lighting).

There'll either be a Dark Moss or Ebony Black SX AWD w/ Tow available in the D/FW area in a few months!

LOL, what happened to deciding on Dark Moss/Dune Brown a.k.a. The Correct Decision? 🤣

DarkMossJustin

Reaction score
Well, the wife got involved…..enough said 🤣

ah yes, the time-tested introducing a second party to a judgement and decision-making process, thus increasing complexity and risk?

Got it!

Party on! 🥳

gn3rps

Reaction score
Dealership I ordered the Boss Moss from told me today that there are 59 orders ahead of mine, and that it looks they earn about 13 units a month in KFOS plus the regular allocation. According to Failcat about 18 VINs are created each month. Likely 3 months until this order transfers to KFOS.

Dealership I ordered the Ebony from told me there are “20 to 30” orders ahead of mine, but didn’t give historical allocation numbers. Based on Failcat they seem to get 25-35 Tellurides a month.

If no other car comes available beforehand it’s looking like I’ll wind up with the Ebony one. Maybe I’ll trade it for a Moss in a year…or month 🤣

gn3rps

Reaction score
Well, as the only constant in life, change has made its way to my Telluride order. It's been about a month since placing my order which means I've had a month to reflect. The reflecting has resulted in the following:

* SX AWD
* Prestige
* Everlasting Silver w/ Dune
* Tow hitch w/ harness (not the tow package)

Socal949

Reaction score
Well, as the only constant in life, change has made its way to my Telluride order. It's been about a month since placing my order which means I've had a month to reflect. The reflecting has resulted in the following:

* SX AWD
* Prestige
* Everlasting Silver w/ Dune
* Tow hitch w/ harness (not the tow package)
Congrats!! Let’s get some pics up once you receive it. 😁

gn3rps

Reaction score
Was short on time last night so couldn’t post the reasons for the changes:

* Prestige: just can’t get over the Dune seats, HUD, and heated/ventilated 2nd row. Wife wants me to keep whatever vehicle I get next a long time so I figure if I get the Prestige now I won’t be wishing for it later.

* Everlasting Silver: I honestly didn’t like this color at first. I didn’t like the fact that it’s a little darker than what many expect silver to be, that it has a bluish hue at certain angles, and my wife’s car is silver. However, in the month I’ve had to reflect on my order, see a ton more photos, and see more Tellurides in person I’ve decided that ES is the best choice for me. Silver is the easiest to keep looking clean, the most premium-looking color on the Telluride in my opinion, won’t be as hot in the summer as the darker colors, and looks stellar with Dune seats. I still have a soft spot for Dark Moss, but ES is the way (cue Mando voice).

* Tow hitch w/ harness (not the tow package): after doing some research I’ve concluded that I don’t want the self-leveling shocks in the towing package. Since they support some of the weight of the vehicle, they’re paired with softer coil springs than normal Tellurides. And because they don’t “activate” until driving a few miles, the rear of the vehicle can sag quite a bit when first loaded, making leveling a trailer a difficult task. They’re quite a bit more expensive to replace than regular shocks and replacement options are limited. If I have issues with excessive sagging the rare times I have a heavy load, I’d rather install an AirLift kit inside the coil springs for a hundred bucks or so and only use it as needed.

gn3rps

Reaction score
Offered a Dark Moss/Black SXP @ MSRP Monday….had to turn it down because no Dune!

I cancelled my original order as it was at a lower volume dealership and likely wouldn’t get picked up until November. Reordered at a much higher volume dealership that, according to the very helpful and honest salesperson, has been getting most SXs in ~8 weeks (though some as long as 12 weeks). Ordered 8/18 and he expects it to get picked up by KFOS in Sep. Fingers crossed, but it seems a little too good to be true.