Welcome to the Ad-Free KIA Telluride Community!

Please register with the BIGGEST and busiest Telluride community online. We'd LOVE to have you! Please note: This is an ADVERTISEMENT FREE community! No advertising is permitted. None.

Register Log in

Ordered white exterior with espresso brown interior..Ontario,Canada

Garyd

Reaction score
Hey Guys ,

Thanks for the forum add...excited to see my new ride soon( I know there is a wait)!!

I have a couple of questions , hoping someone can clear things out.. I just ordered the SX white ,with Expresso interior.

1. Is the Espresso interior only the leather seats or the door and dash are also colored to match?
2. The dealership offered me to buy additional warranty ( like they always do) ...what are you thoughts about that warranty?
3. The dealership also offered paint protection, leather seats protection and rust protection as extras... Do the Tellurides not already come with some layer to reduce rusting on these cars?

Thanks a lot!!

13_FST

Staff member
FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Welcome on board, Garry!

I can't answer your point # 1, but I highly recommend saving your money and not buying extended warranty. Your Telluride already comes with an excellent warranty and having owned a Kia before, I can vouch for its superb reliability.

As for point # 3, I'd get an aftermarket product rather than get it through dealership as it will be better quality and cheaper price.

FWIW, we love our Telluride but we haven't done any of the protection stuff. The car *will* get dinged, and the paint eventually will fade. What's the point in having spent thousands of dollars to protect it?

Jdgate

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
I will only speak for question 1. Post 3 in this thread has the espresso interior pics. It is pretty much everywhere except the roof liner.

Schwinn

Reaction score
Yes, the dash and doors are also brown. As far as protection, no, Kia doesn't have any sort of rust protection. I got mine undercoated by the dealership I work at. It came with a 10 year guarantee, where they do touch-ups every year as needed.

red426

Reaction score
Hey Guys ,

Thanks for the forum add...excited to see my new ride soon( I know there is a wait)!!

I have a couple of questions , hoping someone can clear things out.. I just ordered the SX white ,with Expresso interior.

1. Is the Espresso interior only the leather seats or the door and dash are also colored to match?
2. The dealership offered me to buy additional warranty ( like they always do) ...what are you thoughts about that warranty?
3. The dealership also offered paint protection, leather seats protection and rust protection as extras... Do the Tellurides not already come with some layer to reduce rusting on these cars?

Thanks a lot!!
Nice..... I signed up for a White SX black interior May 18th at Toronto Kia, got the call today, she has arrived, working on picking up this Saturday.

Jdrn21

Reaction score
Hey Guys ,

Thanks a lot!!
Don't waste your $$$ on those dealer add ons. Those are just dealer markups to get your price up. You dont need rust protection. The car itself comes with a 10 year warranty. Don't let them take advantage of you

Jdrn21

Reaction score
In Canada, the warranty is only 5 years.
We'll just about every brand in the US has a 5 year warranty. That's pretty standard. and you can always purchase extended warranties after the manufacturer warranty expires if you feel the need. When signing the final papers, the dealer takes that opportunity to prey on the fact that you are making a huge investment and can influence you to be overly cautious. People don't buy an extended warranty on a new home. it's just like Vegas, the odds are in the dealer's favor whenever anyone purchase a warranty

TontoKowalski

Reaction score
I can speak on 2 and 3.

2) as far as the extended warranty goes I went ahead and went with it (100k bumper to bumper including electronics etc) because of a couple reasons. It is a 1st generation car so there easily could be things that go wrong down the road that are not ironed out like other KIA lines. The current kia warranty on electronics and the screen etc is only 3 yrs 36k miles - so after 3 years if anything electronically goes wrong its gonna cost. and the second being I know jack crap about fixing cars or doing any repairs whatsoever (I'm an IT guy and a gamer LOL). So I opted for the ease of mind and it was only 1,000 more.

3) No no no on any paint protection offered by dealership. Take that money you would spend for it there and go get ceramic coating or PPF. Or both. Im currently without my telluride right now because its getting ceramic coated by a Modesta installer. I may opt to do some PPF in a few months as well.

JCzoom

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
I can speak on 2 and 3.

2) as far as the extended warranty goes I went ahead and went with it (100k bumper to bumper including electronics etc) because of a couple reasons. It is a 1st generation car so there easily could be things that go wrong down the road that are not ironed out like other KIA lines. The current kia warranty on electronics and the screen etc is only 3 yrs 36k miles - so after 3 years if anything electronically goes wrong its gonna cost. and the second being I know jack crap about fixing cars or doing any repairs whatsoever (I'm an IT guy and a gamer LOL). So I opted for the ease of mind and it was only 1,000 more.

3) No no no on any paint protection offered by dealership. Take that money you would spend for it there and go get ceramic coating or PPF. Or both. Im currently without my telluride right now because its getting ceramic coated by a Modesta installer. I may opt to do some PPF in a few months as well.
Do you know if the $1000 for the warranty is a set price by Kia? My SX is due in a few weeks. I was debating an extended warranty. $1000 isn't bad at all.

13_FST

Staff member
FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
I can speak on 2 and 3.

One thing to keep in mind is that if you do ceramic coating, you are unable to do PPF / wrap as it won't adhere well to ceramic coating.

13_FST

Staff member
FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
To those that got the extended warranty in Canada, how much did you pay?

The dealer was pushing a 10-year 160K kms warranty and wanted to charge $2,500. I politely declined.

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Telluride? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

TontoKowalski

Reaction score
One thing to keep in mind is that if you do ceramic coating, you are unable to do PPF / wrap as it won't adhere well to ceramic coating.

Correct, my installer said that he would remove the ceramic where needed and reapply if I go with some PPF through him later.

LtFireguy

Reaction score
To those that got the extended warranty in Canada, how much did you pay?

The dealer was pushing a 10-year 160K kms warranty and wanted to charge $2,500. I politely declined.
Uggggg I think i just got screwed by my dealership in Ottawa, Ontario. My Telluride arrived yesterday so I went in to finalize the paperwork and I did opt for extended warranty because I'll be keeping it longer than 5 years and they charged me $2986 for 8 year/160000 km for the top tier (there were three different tiers) and that was discounted apparently. I also paid $2730 for a protection package. WTF??? Yes I signed the forms and now I guess I'm going over them this morning I feel sick to my stomach as I see I really got taken with the extras. I did get the SXL for $51580CAD so great price with no extra fees (except for the government ones) but they made up for it with the extras. Damn, I'm soooo stupid!!!!

Last edited:

Jdrn21

Reaction score
Uggggg I think i just got screwed by my dealership in Ottawa, Ontario. My Telluride arrived yesterday so I went in to finalize the paperwork and I did opt for extended warranty because I'll be keeping it longer than 5 years and they charged me $2986 for 8 year/160000 km for the top tier (there were three different tiers) and that was discounted apparently. I also paid $2730 for a protection package. WTF??? Yes I signed the forms and now I guess I'm going over them this morning I feel sick to my stomach as I see I really got taken with the extras. I did get the SXL for $51580CAD so great price with no extra fees (except for the government ones) but they made up for it with the extras. Damn, I'm soooo stupid!!!!
Why would you sign something so important and then go over it after the fact?

LtFireguy

Reaction score
I went over it completely while I was there. I'm not upset about the warranty because I've had extended warranties before and that always seems to be about the ballpark figure. I researched the protection package this morning and started reading about these electronic rust modules and they seem very cheap and don't really work. I was more taken by the fact that I wasn't going to have a rust problem here in Ontario for 10 years which is why I bought it but now having buyer's remorse after I've done a little bit of research. These guys throw so many things at you so quickly and make it sound so very good and then after when you have time to digest it all I started to think "what was I thinking?"