No soliciting permitted.

Ordering my Telluride - need advice on color pairing!

Djames210

Reaction score
@Djames210:

So, if you go Prestige Package, you'll get the premium cloth microfiber headliner in one of two colors, light or dark:

* If you chose the Black or Gray (almost white) Nappa Leather Seat options, the premium cloth microfiber headliner will be the light color.

* If you go Dune Brown Nappa Leather seats, the premium cloth microfiber headliner will be dark dark gray.

The nature of the material will make it have variations in catching the light depending on how the microfiber lays, which will shift depending on if you run the backs of your hands against it:

I'm pretty sure you've seen a sheet of suede or Alcantara or lens-cloth before. IT's not going to have a perfect fiber laying in the same direction look if you're really OCD about the fibers catching light. If you don't like the look of that, I don't know what to say.

I meant "clean" as in clean, like free of obvious high-contrast stains e.g. a white t-shirt will show chocolate stains and blood stains with a higher contrast than a black t-shirt. I've seen what dark colored stains on a light-colored headliner look like because of my niece and nephew "finger painting" on my former Lexus' light cloth headliner with dirty fingers and the resulting stains and streaks from whatever they touched really bugged me and messed with my visual OCD.

The darker headliner would hide most dark-colored stains better is all I'm saying.

If you don't go Prestige, you won't get that premium cloth microfiber material and I can't speak to that because I haven't experienced it... yet :)
I get that any stains will show more on a light material vs dark. I ordered prestige so will be getting the microfiber headliner. I saw one picture of a light headliner that was caked in swirl marks, and I’m pretty sure that will bother me. So regarding the swirls, are they more apparent with the lighter or darker microfiber?

Sejonesy1971

Reaction score
I get that any stains will show more on a light material vs dark. I ordered prestige so will be getting the microfiber headliner. I saw one picture of a light headliner that was caked in swirl marks, and I’m pretty sure that will bother me. So regarding the swirls, are they more apparent with the lighter or darker microfiber?
100 percent more noticeable on the light headliner. I’ve seen them both and the dark headliner does a good job of hiding the fingerprint swirls.

DarkMossJustin

Reaction score
Probably about the same. The light will be coming from the side windows and windshield so they will light any fibers and cast shadows in pretty much any direction. It's just the nature of the beast and any material you put up there will cast tiny shadows.

Why let it bother you?

The driver and passenger are not looking up most of the time.

You'll see the A-Pillars but who cares.

The dark looks way better than the light in my opinion, but your car, your judgement, your decision, right? :)

G

G-726848

I went ebony black and dune brown, I think black exterior with brown seats goes great, and I 2anted darker leather due to kids
Do you still like it? How has the dune color held up with kids? I have a 2020 ebony black (still love the car and it runs great with 45k miles) with black interior but currently trading it for 2022 ebony black nightfall with dune interior. I’ve been going back and forth on interior colors, but the dune looks so sharp. I don’t want our kids to ruin it, color on it, etc… so I’m nervous about not doing black again.

Butch Cassidy

Reaction score
Do you still like it? How has the dune color held up with kids? I have a 2020 ebony black (still love the car and it runs great with 45k miles) with black interior but currently trading it for 2022 ebony black nightfall with dune interior. I’ve been going back and forth on interior colors, but the dune looks so sharp. I don’t want our kids to ruin it, color on it, etc… so I’m nervous about not doing black again.
I just bought mine yesterday. I’ve never seen the dune in person. I love it. It’ll look amazing with black. Gives the whole vehicle a much more upscale appearance. I’ll get some pictures posted this afternoon.

HillCountry

Reaction score
I have 2 kids. The Dune Brown is great. Crumbs blend right in till we have a chance to vacuum. (FWIW; I allow pencils and crayons; no pens or markers. Dry snacks okay; no yogurt, juice, milk, or cheesy snacks.)

You get a dark charcoal headliner with the Dune. It’s easy to keep looking good. I believe the black nappa is paired with a light headliner — this would not have been good for us. Confirm it’s something you want. Hope that helps.

Vad13

Reaction score
I went through this entire thread. I am worried now at my interior color selection for Black Copper SX Exterior. Looks like "Espresso Brown Leather Seat Trim" seems to be least popular option with Black Copper exterior.

I was getting my SX Nightfall with above configuration within 1 month at MSRP from a dealer, so i kinda jumped at the opportunity. My preferred interior trim was Grey Napa Now, i am in two minds. lol.

dgyale

Reaction score
I went through this entire thread. I am worried now at my interior color selection for Black Copper SX Exterior. Looks like "Espresso Brown Leather Seat Trim" seems to be least popular option with Black Copper exterior.

I was getting my SX Nightfall with above configuration within 1 month at MSRP from a dealer, so i kinda jumped at the opportunity. My preferred interior trim was Grey Napa Now, i am in two minds. lol.
They'll all look fine!

MG535

Reaction score

I also took something preconfigured out of the dealer’s incoming inventory, neither first nor second choice exterior & interior color. I was ok waiting, say, 4 months for my custom order but didn’t want to take the risk of supply chain disruptions getting any worse than they are now.

As with many things in life, we trade off one for another. Cest la vie… or as the kids say, #firstworldproblems

lbleigh

Reaction score
HaHa - I haven't seen ANY posts about the Sangria in NF - which I just ordered with gray interior. I think it looks amazing!
Anyone out there have one? Here is a pic of what it will look like when I finally get it ...

Attachments

• FF9493E1-0301-4C9E-8AC8-0CB13D507162.jpeg
    FF9493E1-0301-4C9E-8AC8-0CB13D507162.jpeg
    29.1 KB · Views: 32

Djames210

Reaction score
HaHa - I haven't seen ANY posts about the Sangria in NF - which I just ordered with gray interior. I think it looks amazing!
Anyone out there have one? Here is a pic of what it will look like when I finally get it ...
I have yet to see a Sangria on the road! Lots of white, black, Wolf gray, even silver, but no Sangria. I would love to see how one looks in person.

leninator

2021 SX-P NE Dune
Reaction score
It looks great but haven’t seen one in person that color

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Telluride? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

Sparkle Girl 47

Reaction score
That looks Great. Had not seen any pictures of Sangria in NF.

Linnyu

Reaction score
Hello fellow Telluride enthusiasts, this is my first post here. I'm about to order my 1st Telluride through a dealer here in NJ that i'm friends with - I know the wait time is 3-6 months at this point and i'm totally OK with the wait.

I've never had a new car before, always buy someone's lease end car that 2-3 years old since the value is there. I've decided it is time to buy new and customize to my liking.

Like most of you guys on this thread, i'm going all out. SX Prestige and Nightfall are definitely happening.

My 2 Ideal color choices are Black Copper and Gravity Grey. I want to stray away from the black leather interior and really am loving Dune Brown and Butterscotch. Does anybody on here have those color combinations? Do they work? I was always told that Black and Brown don't go together but I think the Black Copper has enough brown-ish elements in it where it could blend nicely.

Any feedback and advice is greatly appreciated! Looking forward to all of your responses! Thanks in advance!
We just ordered gray wolf sx prestige nightfall with dune brown interior. Saw one in New Jersey fell in love. I ordered mine in Pa bc nj dealers wanted over msrp.

Djames210

Reaction score
We just ordered gray wolf sx prestige nightfall with dune brown interior. Saw one in New Jersey fell in love. I ordered mine in Pa bc nj dealers wanted over msrp.
Are there photos of the WG/Dune combo on this site?