Welcome to the Ad-Free KIA Telluride Community!

Please register with the BIGGEST and busiest Telluride community online. We'd LOVE to have you! Please note: This is an ADVERTISEMENT FREE community! No advertising is permitted. None.

Register Log in

Ordering oddity

Macfly

Reaction score
Hey all. Was at my dealer and thought i was ordering a build to order model since we could check off whichever options we wanted. Got a call saying that the moss green and dune brown sx prestige that we wanted can only currently be got if it has the tow package/suspension.
Just curious. If ordering a custom set of options why would i need an almost $900 option just to get brown napa instead of black or grey?
Seems like kia ‘custom’ orders are not exactly as advertised or am i missing something?

Gwyn

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
So a few could be's.

Could be simply they have the car coming in with everything you wanted plus tow package.
Could be up-selling something for more money.
Could have found the car at another dealer with tow package.

If the 800 bucks is not worth it for you, then go into the dealer and ask what happened.

Macfly

Reaction score
I dont necessarily mind. I was just confused as to why i couldn’t order that color combo without the tow package

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Telluride? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

Jdgate

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
I would agree, it seems like they are trying an up-sell on you. Kia's website does not make you select the tow package for that color combination, and it's pretty strict about color selection and what not with prestige.

SC300ES

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Agree. They usually have some cars alloted to them and this probably fits what you want but with a tow package

Macfly

Reaction score
Checked back in. Sounds like my original order still is in. It was simply that they had a moss/brown combo available if i did not want to wait for mine. All good.