No soliciting permitted.

Register Log in

Owners more than 6 months please share your reviews

kane

Reaction score
Owners more than 6 months please share your reviews like how is it like to own a Telluride for daily driving? How has your experience been on road trips? What things would you like Kia to consider in next generation Tellurides? How would you rate your Telly out of 10 for the Looks/Handling/Fuel Efficiency/Cargo Capacity?

Tellmeride

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
I rate everything about the Tell a 10, on a scale of 0-10. Only complaint is the missing keyfob remote start. The presences and the overall feel is that you are driving an Euro SUV costing 2-3 times more, and yes, I have owned Euro SUVs costing 2-3 times more. I do not see this feeding frenzy slowing down any time soon until KIA wises up and adjusts the prices.

Last edited:

kane

Reaction score
I rate everything about the Tell a 10, on a scale of 0-10. Only complaint is the missing keyfob remote start. The presences and the overall feel is that you are driving an Euro SUV costing 2-3 times more, and yes, I have owned Euro SUVs costing 2-3 times more. I do not see this feeding frenzy slow down any time soon untill KIA wises up and adjusts the prices.
Awesome Telluride. By the way we get remote start as a standard on all trims in UAE

NREVANS

Reaction score
Awesome Telluride. By the way we get remote start as a standard on all trims in UAE
Because they don't give you guys and gals the damned UVO app like here in the US that they make you pay for. What a waste of time that thing is.

kane

Reaction score
Indeed..the only thing I like about that app is setting up the temperature

MELISSAB

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
We're at almost 8 months I think and just under 10k miles. Mostly my daily driver, to work just a couple of miles a day and 2 very long road trips to New York from Florida and back. Remote start like everyone else, the app is just too clunky and slow to use on the fly though the scheduled start was convenient at lunch and the end of the day to have it cooled off when I'd leave work. It's crazy that they dont have a built in garage door opener. The sunroof does not open far enough. The auto off *feature* should be something you can disable. Other than those I'm pretty happy with it.

I have been having what seems to be an intermittent problem of it not shutting off when I hit the stop button every time lately but I cant pinpoint what's going on to say for sure it isn't user error but it's getting concerning. I shut it off, the music and screens stay on like normal til I open the door when it would normally turn those off but they sometimes stay on. It's weird and random so I'm trying to pay better attention to see if there is a pattern.

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Telluride? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

Husker Soze

Staff member
Reaction score
We're at almost 8 months I think and just under 10k miles. Mostly my daily driver, to work just a couple of miles a day and 2 very long road trips to New York from Florida and back. Remote start like everyone else, the app is just too clunky and slow to use on the fly though the scheduled start was convenient at lunch and the end of the day to have it cooled off when I'd leave work. It's crazy that they dont have a built in garage door opener. The sunroof does not open far enough. The auto off *feature* should be something you can disable. Other than those I'm pretty happy with it.

I have been having what seems to be an intermittent problem of it not shutting off when I hit the stop button every time lately but I cant pinpoint what's going on to say for sure it isn't user error but it's getting concerning. I shut it off, the music and screens stay on like normal til I open the door when it would normally turn those off but they sometimes stay on. It's weird and random so I'm trying to pay better attention to see if there is a pattern.
When shutting off the engine by pressing the Start/Stop button, the engine should shut-down and then would automatically go on the ACC (accessory) position. And would continue to play your radio/music like you stated and will not turn-off until (1) you power your radio off, or (2) open the door.
It's just like the cycle on older cars where you have the key in the ignition; you turn your key until you get to the "Off" position, before you can pull out your key.

MELISSAB

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
When shutting off the engine by pressing the Start/Stop button, the engine should shut-down and then would automatically go on the ACC (accessory) position. And would continue to play your radio/music like you stated and will not turn-off until (1) you power your radio off, or (2) open the door.
It's just like the cycle on older cars where you have the key in the ignition; you turn your key until you get to the "Off" position, before you can pull out your key.
Right, but when I open the door to get out the screens and music should turn off like usual by design, but sometimes they don't. Like I'll park, hit the stop button, engine turns off, music and screens stay on, I open the door and get out of the car but then realize the screens and music are still on. It hasn't been just me either. It happened this weekend when my husband was driving. He didn't notice until we started to walk away from the car and I told him he hadn't locked it when I saw the mirrors hadn't folded in. Then I saw the main screen was still on as well. He had hit the stop button, got out of the car and hit the lock button on the door. I had to get in, start the car then go through the normal shut down. But it doesn't happen often enough for me to see any pattern or to even be positive I wasn't imagining it until it did it for him too. I was starting to question whether I was remembering to hit the off button! The engine is off, it's not a safety thing, but it could be a battery issue if it happens in my garage when I get home at the end of the day and don't catch it because I don't lock it in the garage. At this point it's just a quirk I'm trying to pay attention to see if it's a problem or not. It's still early days for these cars, I expect there will be bits of weirdness here and there to be discovered and figured out.

Husker Soze

Staff member
Reaction score
Right, but when I open the door to get out the screens and music should turn off like usual by design, but sometimes they don't. Like I'll park, hit the stop button, engine turns off, music and screens stay on, I open the door and get out of the car but then realize the screens and music are still on. It hasn't been just me either. It happened this weekend when my husband was driving. He didn't notice until we started to walk away from the car and I told him he hadn't locked it when I saw the mirrors hadn't folded in. Then I saw the main screen was still on as well. He had hit the stop button, got out of the car and hit the lock button on the door. I had to get in, start the car then go through the normal shut down. But it doesn't happen often enough for me to see any pattern or to even be positive I wasn't imagining it until it did it for him too. I was starting to question whether I was remembering to hit the off button! The engine is off, it's not a safety thing, but it could be a battery issue if it happens in my garage when I get home at the end of the day and don't catch it because I don't lock it in the garage. At this point it's just a quirk I'm trying to pay attention to see if it's a problem or not. It's still early days for these cars, I expect there will be bits of weirdness here and there to be discovered and figured out.
I see. Maybe it's time for a service visit and have them run a diagnostic test to see what the anomaly is. Just my .02

jazzyone

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
If I remember correctly, this happens when you turn off the engine before you put it in park, although your scenario might be different.

jeffo65

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
8 months owned, 11,500 miles as my daily driver

Telluride for daily driving? It works fine. Gets me to where I am headed and back home.

How has your experience been on road trips? Road fine, comfortable and good mileage for the size

What things would you like Kia to consider in next generation Tellurides? Nothing I can think of that I need

How would you rate your Telly out of 10 for the
Looks - 8
Handling - 8
Fuel Efficiency - 8
Cargo Capacity - 8

jw_tx21

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
8 months owned, 11,500 miles as my daily driver

Telluride for daily driving? It works fine. Gets me to where I am headed and back home.

How has your experience been on road trips? Road fine, comfortable and good mileage for the size

What things would you like Kia to consider in next generation Tellurides? Nothing I can think of that I need

How would you rate your Telly out of 10 for the
Looks - 8
Handling - 8
Fuel Efficiency - 8
Cargo Capacity - 8
Nice eval. I'd like to know which vehicles you'd rate a 10 for those categories.

Crazymom5

Reaction score
Hey! I’ve had my Telluride for 7 months now. I have just over 14k miles on her. I still LOVE my car! BUT she has been in the shop for over a week now due to a heating issue. We can’t consistently get the rear heat to work. They have taken my baby apart, replaced the thermostat, flushed the system, and I can’t remember what else. It’s winter! I need my heat. I’m in a Kia mini van right now and let me say, momma needs her baby back! My Telluride is so much quieter and the everything about her is better.

kane

Reaction score
Hey! I’ve had my Telluride for 7 months now. I have just over 14k miles on her. I still LOVE my car! BUT she has been in the shop for over a week now due to a heating issue. We can’t consistently get the rear heat to work. They have taken my baby apart, replaced the thermostat, flushed the system, and I can’t remember what else. It’s winter! I need my heat. I’m in a Kia mini van right now and let me say, momma needs her baby back! My Telluride is so much quieter and the everything about her is better.
Dont worry Mama gonna get the Telly back soon.

NCTelly

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Very satisfied all around. My biggest issues are ones that can be resolved with aftermarket adjustments.

1. I kept trying to be open minded about the nighttime visibility of the headlamps thinking it was “good enough”. But I caved and just purchased premium LEDs from Twelvolt after tons of research and reading personal accounts on this forum.
2. The remote start from the app is less than ideal but I’ll just wait for a legit T harness for an aftermarket that will work with the factory fob after UVO expires.
3. The visibility from the rear view camera is rough at night in my opinion. I can barely make out the edge of my white concrete driveway when backing up at night. In my other car it’s almost clear as day. I’m hoping to adjust this with some LEDs for the reverse lights or license plate in hopes of the glow helping the visibility of the Tellurides backup camera.
4. I’ve gotten use to the rear hatch not being electric. I missed that from our previous vehicle but I got use to it quickly.
5. The towing vehicle tongue weight was a big concern when it was advertised as 351, but now that it is clear that it was a typo and should have been 500lbs I’m satisfied.
6. I was disappointed that the 8” radio doesn’t pick up HD channels. I’m pretty sure the bigger one does. My other car picks up HD over the air. But I’ll manage.
7. The OEM tires are not the best but they never seem to be. One had a very minor leak but a quick hit of fixaflat resolved it. New tires are definitely something I’m looking forward to.

I consider all the items above as minor relative to the bigger purchase. I’m at 7 months and almost 20k miles having taken the Telluride on a few family road trips and still very satisfied. About to take another up through the Northeast soon and expecting the Telluride to do fine in the snow up 91N through VT. I had a little Corolla with good tires that made the trek just fine and managed well with a FWD Sienna for years. So I’m expecting the weight of the FWD Telluride S over the front axle and some conservative driving and braking will be a safe drive through the snow on major roads with the Telluride.

I have to admit I’m not a typical early adopter especially when it comes to car purchases, so I was a little nervous buying a car that had only arrived at dealers a month before my purchase. But having a Hyundai after living near the Alabama factory for a few years and loving it and some family members with Kia Optimas and being very impressed, I had zero concerns with the brand. The value of my purchase with quality feel of the drive combined with features continue to reassure me on the buying decision. I had a Traverse owner just the other day stop and ask me about it and he sounded like he regretted not waiting.

Cargo space is acceptable with a roof top carrier and now a hitch basket, especially because I’m really pleased with the functionality of the third row and how big the interior feels both in front and with the second row captains chairs. Fuel economy has been surprisingly acceptable to me given how big the vehicle feels. But for a larger midsized SUV still feels comfortable to drive. Looks wise I wasn’t sure if I would regret not waiting for the Palisade, but while I think the Palisade looks nice, I still prefer the boxier look of the Telluride front and back. I’m glad that Hyundai/Kia made them look different enough to make the unique from each other.

I’m not ready to call it my very best vehicle purchase yet because I’ve had some cars last me nearly 200k miles that I had a hard time parting with. But all signs point to the Telluride being on the same path for me.

As for the question about future Tellurides, if the rumors are true and they came out with a Telluride pickup truck variant to compete with the Ridgeline I would not be surprised. If Kia took some aspects of the Kia Mohave Masterpiece concept I can see a pretty cool looking vehicle looking even better. I’m liking that Masterpiece wrap around grill. As for the interior, there is very little I would want changed. It’s value with functionality and upscale feel without a massive price tag.

Last edited: