Welcome to the Ad-Free KIA Telluride Community!

Please register with the BIGGEST and busiest Telluride community online. We'd LOVE to have you! Please note: This is an ADVERTISEMENT FREE community! No advertising is permitted. None.

Register Log in

Pairing phones

Bcmcevianet

Reaction score
Has anyone had issues pairing their samsung S9 to their telluride hands free system ?
i can pair the phone, all works well, shut the car off , walk away, return , start the vehicle and i am told " no paired devices"
and.... my dealer has no idea whats wrong/
thanks

jw_tx21

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
By chance do you have an EX? There is a bug in the infotainment system apparently. See this thread to follow the discussion.

Bcmcevianet

Reaction score
By chance do you have an EX? There is a bug in the infotainment system apparently. See this thread to follow the discussion.

Yes we do have the EX .

Mavtek

Reaction score

Yep, join us in the other topic and welcome to infotainment hell. It seems this is an EX only issue thus far. If you get bored you'll also find that POI's don't save in your Nav system, "Favorite folders", mode button changes, and various little things just like to switch right back to factory mode. There's no fix, hope you can live it for a while unless your dealer is willing to switch you out with another car or give you your money back.

Langelic

Reaction score
Yes we do have the EX .
I have an EX and am having the same pairing issue where the system does not remember my phone and I have to re pair every time I enter the car. I called the national Kia service line and they said there is a fix for this. They even made an appointment to service the vehicle. I believe it's a software uodate

Tellmeride

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
I also have the EX. I let my sales person pair 3 iphones before we left with the car. All is working fine, they pair automatically when we get in the car.

BrianF

Reaction score
The thing to check is not whether they pair immediately — it’s whether they will re-pair after the car has been shut off and parked for a half hour or longer. It may be that the dealer already installed the fix on your car.

Tellmeride

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
I bought it almost 2 months now, so that should be before any software updates you guys are mentioning here. Yes, the phones all automatically pair after the car has been shut down, overnight. Never had to redo it after the initial dealer pairing. Yes, mine is an EX.

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Telluride? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!