No soliciting permitted.

Register Log in

Pay MSRP or wait....

jw_tx21

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
thanks! Yes I’ve done that with carvana, and was offered $1500 more!...unfortunately going that route I’d have to pay a lot more in taxes.

I’m glad you brought up the $1000 rebate! I ordered mine in April too, but they didn’t say I qualified for the damn rebate.

I just emailed them now asking this...we’re supposed to pick it up today. How do I get them to honor it?
They should be able to claim it as long as the order was placed before early July... so just push on that. It expired in early July - but they should have a list somewhere of the qualifying vehicles - I'm sure the Highlander has got to be on it. You can search on this forum for competitive rebate - maybe someone posted a screenshot or list of vehicles back in April. Use the Carvana as leverage to up the trade - maybe they'll give you $750 more for it - which would also save on taxes.

See this post from a former sales guy: What did you pay for your KIA Telluride?

regaphysics

Reaction score
I don't see them going that far below MSRP in the near future. Maybe you get 1500-2k off in June if you wait? Is it worth 2k to wait? Your call. I highly doubt it'll be much below 2k under MSRP.

superamerb2

Reaction score
They should be able to claim it as long as the order was placed before early July... so just push on that. It expired in early July - but they should have a list somewhere of the qualifying vehicles - I'm sure the Highlander has got to be on it. You can search on this forum for competitive rebate - maybe someone posted a screenshot or list of vehicles back in April. Use the Carvana as leverage to up the trade - maybe they'll give you $750 more for it - which would also save on taxes.

See this post from a former sales guy: What did you pay for your KIA Telluride?
Yea we ordered in April, and we qualified then. Thank you so much for this, now I have some leverage :)

FordRN

Reaction score
Tj
I don't see them going that far below MSRP in the near future. Maybe you get 1500-2k off in June if you wait? Is it worth 2k to wait? Your call. I highly doubt it'll be much below 2k under MSRP.
Those were my thoughts too after several dealers quoting me from 5-9k over MSRP for an SX, I decided at MSRP with rebates/incentives was the best I was going to get. Found my baby, drive 3 hrs and picked her up on Friday and never looked back. 😊

ufheh123

Reaction score
Tj

Those were my thoughts too after several dealers quoting me from 5-9k over MSRP for an SX, I decided at MSRP with rebates/incentives was the best I was going to get. Found my baby, drive 3 hrs and picked her up on Friday and never looked back. 😊
You ended up paying an extra $1900 in a dealer package though, right?

FordRN

Reaction score
You ended up paying an extra $1900 in a dealer package though, right?
Yes $1800 pkg I could get them to budge on but I rationalized it to myself that the $1800 was pretty much a wash because they gave me $1500 more for my trade than my 2 local Kia dealers would, and free all weather mats. So I figured with more trade saving me in taxes and $1900 military/financing rebates, I still came in for next MSRP on price.

ufheh123

Reaction score
Yes $1800 pkg I could get them to budge on but I rationalized it to myself that the $1800 was pretty much a wash because they gave me $1500 more for my trade than my 2 local Kia dealers would, and free all weather mats. So I figured with more trade saving me in taxes and $1900 military/financing rebates, I still came in for next MSRP on price.
Roger that. I'm over in Orlando and I reached out to where you got yours, but they don't currently have what I want instock so I didn't try to bargain at all yet. (S trim, white, black interior, captains chairs)

FordRN

Reaction score
Roger that. I'm over in Orlando and I reached out to where you got yours, but they don't currently have what I want instock so I didn't try to bargain at all yet. (S trim, white, black interior, captains chairs)
Yes that was me. They were the only ones that had a white with black SXso that’s what ultimately led me there. My current OP dealership wanted 3k over MSRP, only $19500 for trade and $3495 dealer pkg. I walked out and never looked back. So when I negotiated this deal I felt like I did great AND got the exact vehicle I wanted. Lol

kelmen7

Reaction score
Hi,
Our SX prestige just arrived today, and we are supposed to pick it up today or tomorrow. Anyways, is there any way to not pay MSRP? Also, we don't like the trade in value that they are giving us on our highlander, and they don't seem willing to budge. It's either we take the Kia at MSRP and the not so fair price on our highlander, or we say never mind...which is a hard pill to swallow after waiting almost 5 months for this car.

Any pointers from anyone who lucked out in getting down the price or any advice on getting them to raise the trade in value. I'm afraid they'll just say we can't do anything because I know they'll have an easy time selling it to someone else.
I was in the same position. We purchased our Gravity Gray SX AWD three weeks ago in San Diego and paid MSRP ($44,800). I did not want to pay MSRP or anything above it but I had to look at the facts and necessity. The Telluride has great value, style, and a fantastic warranty compared to the competition. The amount of features and space the Telluride offers is on par or even better than luxury SUV's like the MDX and X90 for a cheaper price. We have a 4 month old baby and my wife was having such a hard time driving around a Tacoma (Car seat had to be in the middle, stroller had to be taken in and out of the truck all the time) and we just couldn't wait anymore. At the end of the day $2000-$3000 savings in the future wasn't worth having a PEACE OF MIND of purchasing the vehicle today. So far it's been great and I have no regrets. The wife is happy!!!

G

G-682018

Hi,
Our SX prestige just arrived today, and we are supposed to pick it up today or tomorrow. Anyways, is there any way to not pay MSRP? Also, we don't like the trade in value that they are giving us on our highlander, and they don't seem willing to budge. It's either we take the Kia at MSRP and the not so fair price on our highlander, or we say never mind...which is a hard pill to swallow after waiting almost 5 months for this car.

Any pointers from anyone who lucked out in getting down the price or any advice on getting them to raise the trade in value. I'm afraid they'll just say we can't do anything because I know they'll have an easy time selling it to someone else.
I work for a Kia dealership and got mine at cost. The margins are so thin on them, at about 2.5%. So they aren’t making a hell of a lot on you. Regarding your trade you could always try selling it yourself... but if you do trade it keep in mind you receive a nice tax savings. Cheers😊

sdfan

Reaction score
Rather than start a new thread I thought I'd piggy back on this one since we are faced with the same dilemma. We live in Southern California where there is still a high demand on the Tellurides. Came across a configuration (SX-P in White) with an MSRP of $47,295. Given the demand and the fact that the configuration is identical to our ideal build paying sticker seemed fair and what I offered. The dealer added $1600 in dealer add ons including $600 for an anti-theft identifier and $1000 for paint protection. I asked them to waive the dealer add ons and they wouldn't budge.

I know everyone's personal car buying situation is unique. We are not in any kind of hurry to purchase a new family vehicle and while I'm not expecting a "great deal" on this vehicle, I have a hard time paying over sticker. Thoughts? All of your comments and suggestions have been very helpful thus far. Thought I'd reach out to others in a similar position. Thanks for your help and time.

Jason Fox

AUTHORIZED DEALER
Reaction score
Rather than start a new thread I thought I'd piggy back on this one since we are faced with the same dilemma. We live in Southern California where there is still a high demand on the Tellurides. Came across a configuration (SX-P in White) with an MSRP of $47,295. Given the demand and the fact that the configuration is identical to our ideal build paying sticker seemed fair and what I offered. The dealer added $1600 in dealer add ons including $600 for an anti-theft identifier and $1000 for paint protection. I asked them to waive the dealer add ons and they wouldn't budge.

I know everyone's personal car buying situation is unique. We are not in any kind of hurry to purchase a new family vehicle and while I'm not expecting a "great deal" on this vehicle, I have a hard time paying over sticker. Thoughts? All of your comments and suggestions have been very helpful thus far. Thought I'd reach out to others in a similar position. Thanks for your help and time.
Could we help you with a Telluride?

Buzmin

Reaction score
I work for a Kia dealership and got mine at cost. The margins are so thin on them, at about 2.5%. So they aren’t making a hell of a lot on you. Regarding your trade you could always try selling it yourself... but if you do trade it keep in mind you receive a nice tax savings. Cheers😊
That's true as far as I know about margins, however I also understabnd most manufacturers have a "holdback" that the dealer gets, and most sell your trade at a very good margin, never saw a new car dealer out here in Cali that wasn't expanding and building new buildings on their lots or moving to bigger lots
Just my observations

superamerb2

Reaction score

I’m probably not much help, but I’m the person who posted this similar question a day or two ago. Our car arrived yesterday, and we weren’t sure if we’re gonna take it...mainly because we didn’t like the trade in on our car. We also weren’t in any hurry, more we just wanted the extra room.
We decided to go in, and we ended up buying the car for MSRP. We got the $1500 rebate plus they honored the $1000 competitive rebate! I was told about honoring the $1000 hours before we went in from someone on this forum, and I’m SO grateful. I know we didn’t get what we wanted for our trade, but the unexpected $1000 evened things out a bit.

Anyways, so far we are VERY happy with our purchase :)

DRK

Reaction score
I’m probably not much help, but I’m the person who posted this similar question a day or two ago. Our car arrived yesterday, and we weren’t sure if we’re gonna take it...mainly because we didn’t like the trade in on our car. We also weren’t in any hurry, more we just wanted the extra room.
We decided to go in, and we ended up buying the car for MSRP. We got the $1500 rebate plus they honored the $1000 competitive rebate! I was told about honoring the $1000 hours before we went in from someone on this forum, and I’m SO grateful. I know we didn’t get what we wanted for our trade, but the unexpected $1000 evened things out a bit.

Congrats!! It sounds like the dealer is nice. I just wonder which dealer you worked with?
I got my Telluride from Tynan's Kia in Fort Collins. They were good, but it is the farthest Kia dealer from my home in Colorado.

superamerb2

Reaction score
Congrats!! It sounds like the dealer is nice. I just wonder which dealer you worked with?
I got my Telluride from Tynan's Kia in Fort Collins. They were good, but it is the farthest Kia dealer from my home in Colorado.
I got mine from i25 Kia in Longmont.

Tellurowe

Reaction score
Well here is my story for what it is worth. A dark moss w/ dune interior SXP became available at my local dealer after a cancelled order on their end and is exactly what I wanted. I was in no rush and was thinking of ordering in spring of ‘20. The car had a $10k markup and they valued my trade in about $2k less than I wanted (but still was fair for a 96k mile WRX). Ended up getting them to increase value of my trade by $7k and throw in $300 of accessories. In Ohio the trade in value reduces your tax liability so that helped. So all in all I paid roughly $5k over MSRP at the end of it all. Reason I did it was this was exactly what I wanted and figured prices will likely go up given the demand. And the fact that getting an SXP is proving to be so difficult to get an order. Heard of a persons order getting cancelled by Kia for an SXP. During the negotiations they kept saying another couple was waiting on my decision. That didn’t phase me at the time but after about an hour without much progress a couple indeed walked by the desk and gave me and my wife the nastiest glare because they were actually wanting it! Well don’t you know finally the dealer finally was willing to budge. Even when I was picking up the car the next day a guy in a 2010 ish Range Rover came up to me (thinking I worked at the dealer) said “hey I’m interested in buying this car” 😂. I was like no this is mine I’m picking it up. He drove away.

jw_tx21

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score

$1600 over and take the $1500 finance rebate - you're near MSRP. Many unsold SX-Ps are selling for $5-$7k ... or you can order from Kia of Muncie and have it shipped. But, it'll be a few months.

jw_tx21

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score

Glad it worked out for you. Did they add $2500 as a market adjustment, or were you able to get at MSRP less the $2500? Glad they honored the competitive rebate.

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Telluride? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!