Phone texting function through infotainment

earlgrey

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Has anyone come across in the manual where it talks about how to use the texting function in the Telluride while driving? Or anyone can explain how to operate it when driving and a text notification comes up on the infotainment screen?

utmeep

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Has anyone come across in the manual where it talks about how to use the texting function in the Telluride while driving? Or anyone can explain how to operate it when driving and a text notification comes up on the infotainment screen?

I am not sure how it works via Bluetooth, but for Apple CarPlay you use the voice command and say "Read text messages" or "Send text message to [NAME]" then you'll be prompt to say the message and confirm to send.

RW4

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Using Bluetooth your screen has a prompt to read the text as well as respond.

Rbanks

Reaction score
My wife has a Samsung Galaxy and is using android Car play. We can’t get the voice text reply to work either. It keeps showing that something on the phone is blocking it (microphone always shows as muted), but we can’t figure out how to change it on the phone

earlgrey

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Using Bluetooth your screen has a prompt to read the text as well as respond.
I tried clicking "read" on the screen and said feature not available while driving. I have an iphone.

RW4

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Sorry, I checked it again on the ride home last night. I am using Apple CarPlay, not Bluetooth. Gave me prompts on screen for text message using Siri voice activation using the messages app.

Jschule

Reaction score
I have not used the android play but I can touch the speak button on the steering wheel and it will ask me to "say what you would like to do" and I can respond "send a text to John Smith" and it will call from my contact list on my phone. I only use the bluetooth. I have a moss green SXP

JenB

Reaction score
I tried clicking "read" on the screen and said feature not available while driving. I have an iphone.
I just tried this today and while driving, and I did get the warning notification it wouldn’t display while driving, but when I press Read, the navigation lady read my text aloud to me over the music playing. I also have an iPhone, on Bluetooth

BabyRide

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Has anyone had an issue with the text alerting over bluetooth? Mine alerts just fine but when someone texts me, the infotainment system will alert for 2 or 3 other people at the same time. It's really annoying and I am at a point where I may just disable the alerts. Half the useful features seem to be disabled while driving anyways.

G

G-793803

Has anyone had problems with your phone not being recognized by the android auto? I have it enabled but it is not working, and the auto button is grayed out to where you can't select it

BabyRide

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
It seems the command for texting through the infotainment system (Not Android Auto) has changed. I used to be able to say "Text" and the name and it worked fine. Now it will time out and say no network response. The command I have to use now is "Send a Message". And you can't say a name right after or guess what, you get no network response. I have to say "Send a Message, wait for it to respond, asking for a name, then say the name. The process takes forever! The whole UVO system seems pretty crappy/buggy IMO.

ucinn

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Has anyone had problems with your phone not being recognized by the android auto? I have it enabled but it is not working, and the auto button is grayed out to where you can't select it
I had that problem once, the cable I was using went bad and replaced the cable and all was good. also, make sure you are starting the vehicle BEFORE plugging your phone in

G

G-565866

Has anyone had an issue with the text alerting over bluetooth? Mine alerts just fine but when someone texts me, the infotainment system will alert for 2 or 3 other people at the same time. It's really annoying and I am at a point where I may just disable the alerts. Half the useful features seem to be disabled while driving anyways.
Mine is doing the same thing. I get texts from years ago popping up...super annoying. Dealer says they can't replicate the problem in service.

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Telluride? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

BernerMom

Reaction score
Same here! I get the alert fine but it'll tell me 3 different people texted me and sometimes it was not one of the people who it said it was 😡

BabyRide

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Same here! I get the alert fine but it'll tell me 3 different people texted me and sometimes it was not one of the people who it said it was 😡
Yep. Same here. I've disabled the texting alerts. Sadly, the latest infotainment software update did not resolve the issue. Are you on IOS or Android?