Welcome to the Ad-Free KIA Telluride Community!

Please register with the BIGGEST and busiest Telluride community online. We'd LOVE to have you! Please note: This is an ADVERTISEMENT FREE community! No advertising is permitted. None.

Register Log in

Phone texting function through infotainment

earlgrey

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Has anyone come across in the manual where it talks about how to use the texting function in the Telluride while driving? Or anyone can explain how to operate it when driving and a text notification comes up on the infotainment screen?

utmeep

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Has anyone come across in the manual where it talks about how to use the texting function in the Telluride while driving? Or anyone can explain how to operate it when driving and a text notification comes up on the infotainment screen?
I am not sure how it works via Bluetooth, but for Apple CarPlay you use the voice command and say "Read text messages" or "Send text message to [NAME]" then you'll be prompt to say the message and confirm to send.

Rbanks

Reaction score
My wife has a Samsung Galaxy and is using android Car play. We can’t get the voice text reply to work either. It keeps showing that something on the phone is blocking it (microphone always shows as muted), but we can’t figure out how to change it on the phone

RW4

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Sorry, I checked it again on the ride home last night. I am using Apple CarPlay, not Bluetooth. Gave me prompts on screen for text message using Siri voice activation using the messages app.

Jschule

Reaction score
I have not used the android play but I can touch the speak button on the steering wheel and it will ask me to "say what you would like to do" and I can respond "send a text to John Smith" and it will call from my contact list on my phone. I only use the bluetooth. I have a moss green SXP

JenB

Reaction score
I tried clicking "read" on the screen and said feature not available while driving. I have an iphone.
I just tried this today and while driving, and I did get the warning notification it wouldn’t display while driving, but when I press Read, the navigation lady read my text aloud to me over the music playing. I also have an iPhone, on Bluetooth

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Telluride? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

BabyRide

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Has anyone had an issue with the text alerting over bluetooth? Mine alerts just fine but when someone texts me, the infotainment system will alert for 2 or 3 other people at the same time. It's really annoying and I am at a point where I may just disable the alerts. Half the useful features seem to be disabled while driving anyways.