No soliciting permitted.

Register Log in

PI 2001 - Product Improvement Campaign 202001 - LED Headlamp Aim Inspection

bogie

Reaction score
PRODUCT IMPROVEMENT CAMPAIGN
SUBJECT: LIGHT EMITTING DIODE (LED) HEADLAMP AIM INSPECTION AND ADJUSTMENT

The attached file combines four (4) Dealer Communication documents as listed on the NHTSA site.

EDIT: 03/17/20, Attachment revised for addition of 'Dealer Principal' document".

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

TheNip73

Reaction score
PRODUCT IMPROVEMENT CAMPAIGN
SUBJECT: LIGHT EMITTING DIODE (LED) HEADLAMP AIM INSPECTION AND ADJUSTMENT

The attached file combines four (4) Dealer Communication documents as listed on the NHTSA site.
No attachment :)

Might want to edit the original post.

reese0929

Reaction score
Hmmm... was pretty sure I attached it the first time... I know damn well I attached it the second time....

Attached (again...?) - and this time I downloaded it to make sure...
Its working for me. I see you are in IL have you took yours yet? And will the adjust if you installed LED's?

bogie

Reaction score
My build date is not within the parameters of the bulletin (September 9, 2019 through December 14, 2019). Believe this only applies to SX models that came standard with LED headlights from the factory. There are details of how the adjust is to be made in the bulletin.

reese0929

Reaction score
My build date is not within the parameters of the bulletin (September 9, 2019 through December 14, 2019). Believe this only applies to SX models that came standard with LED headlights from the factory. There are details of how the adjust is to be made in the bulletin.
OK thanks for sharing.

raydog9379

Reaction score
So what happens if you fall outside of the production parameters yet you get flashed 20 times a night (Jan build)? I did manage to blow a cops cover on a speed trap with my bright low beam lights though, so hopefully a few drivers were appreciative.

My wife was driving it the other day coming at me while I was on the road in our other car, and yeah the lights are pretty damn blinding.

Sure as heck not going to have the dealer charge me. I guess I could try to just adjust myself (I have a set of torx bits) and see if it's any better.

bogie

Reaction score
So what happens if you fall outside of the production parameters yet you get flashed 20 times a night (Jan build)? I did manage to blow a cops cover on a speed trap with my bright low beam lights though, so hopefully a few drivers were appreciative.

My wife was driving it the other day coming at me while I was on the road in our other car, and yeah the lights are pretty damn blinding.

Sure as heck not going to have the dealer charge me. I guess I could try to just adjust myself (I have a set of torx bits) and see if it's any better.
Or take it in to Kia and reference PI 2001 and describe your situation. When they get to the aiming - if they find it above the horizon line, they should fix it and report it to Kia. If they say they have to charge you since you're outside build dates - tell them 'no thanks' and do it yourself.

JMHO

raydog9379

Reaction score
Or take it in to Kia and reference PI 2001 and describe your situation. When they get to the aiming - if they find it above the horizon line, they should fix it and report it to Kia. If they say they have to charge you since you're outside build dates - tell them 'no thanks' and do it yourself.

JMHO
Prob. a good plan.

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Telluride? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

canuck_suv

Reaction score
I fall out of that date range as well but usually get flashed a few times per night as a result of my headlights. Will try that path with my SX too.

TheNip73

Reaction score
I have an early Feb build (in my possession for 6 days) and I can report I have had 0 flashes so far.

bogie

Reaction score
Driver (someone in another thread said it's a Torx T-60) is required to turn the 'Vertical (Low/High) adjustment (A)' screw.
1584546302868.png

ucinn

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Yes, the torx T-60 worked perfectly for me. The screwdriver did not work on mine (SXP)..even looking down into adjustment chutes, I could see that there was nothing in there for the screwdriver to grip and turn.

Tellthemride

Reaction score
Another SXP owner here. Adjusted my LED lamps with a philips screwdriver no prob. A #2 philips screwdriver, there most common size.

TheNip73

Reaction score
Maybe that is the way they decided to indicate which ones are “factory good” vs. “original production”?

Not paying close enough attention to see if my idea way off base or not?!?!