No soliciting permitted.

Post your Lease Payments

abe2np

Reaction score
Just curious to see what everyone here that leased is paying. I'll start.

SX AWD (Non-P) with Tow Package, 24 months/12K miles a year.
$93 down (Left over from deposit)
$632 a month.

Had I taken 36/10 it would’ve been ~$585.

P.S. I live in NY so taxes upfront.

MarcinTexas

Reaction score
Leasing is the most expensive way to pay for a car. Total cost....not monthly payment.

abe2np

Reaction score
Leasing is the most expensive way to pay for a car. Total cost....not monthly payment.
There are many legit reasons to lease i.e. business deductions. If you have any qualms about leasing, there are many other threads to post to. I am genuinely curious to see what other people pay.

yinjiefu06

Reaction score
I think Telluride is a special case since it's nearly impossible to get any discount, so leasing is not a bad choice considering the lease cash, especially for SXP 24/12 lease. Another though is, it is possible that the market value will be higher that the residual value after two years. I am in NY as well, may I ask the amount of purchase option fee when the lease ends? Thanks.

jdaake07

Reaction score
Per the website calculator, the 39/12 looks to be the best price wise. My car isn’t in yet but I’ll be looking at that. My past two leases have needed new tires by 30K so the only way to avoid that would be a 24/10 or 24/12.
The leases are relatively poor, yes. That’s why I’ll likely get one Telluride and then an XC90 or X5. I care about flexibility and am willing to pay more for it.

abe2np

Reaction score
Per the website calculator, the 39/12 looks to be the best price wise.
In my experience the website was not accurate in predicting the lease payments.

StephenCantrelle

FOUNDING MEMBER
AUTHORIZED DEALER
Reaction score
Agreed the website is messed up.. was having the hardest time matching up the payments.. with TT&L, first payment, acquisition fee and destination charge not seeming to be calculated

SorentoSXL

Reaction score
I would use leasehackr DOT com. They seem to be spot on with determining lease payments if you know the money factor and residual which you can get from Edmunds DOT com. Some states/cities have surcharges on taxes for leases so don't forget to check. In my case, it would be extra 4% over sales tax.

jw_tx21

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Per the website calculator, the 39/12 looks to be the best price wise. My car isn’t in yet but I’ll be looking at that. My past two leases have needed new tires by 30K so the only way to avoid that would be a 24/10 or 24/12.
The leases are relatively poor, yes. That’s why I’ll likely get one Telluride and then an XC90 or X5. I care about flexibility and am willing to pay more for it.

Kia's website calculator is always going to understate the true lease payment, because it essentially assumes that all taxes and fees are paid up front. I've even seen an example where "fees" are included - but it makes no sense. In any case, it's best to know how to calculate a lease manually - or build an Excel sheet if necessary.

The good info from Kia's website is the "rebate" amount, the net cap cost and the residual - from there you can back into the implied money factor, etc if desired.

Also, there are essentially two KIA lease calculators - the old one - which you can view if you click on "Calculate Payments" on a vehicle in a dealer's inventory (via Kia site) - the payment is in a red box, and a black bar that says "Calculate My Payment" at the top. The new lease calculator is directly on the build website if you click "Calculate Payments". In the latter one, there is some strange line item for "Additional Fees" that is around $2520 - doesn't seem to change by zip code - or anything else for that matter - so who knows what that is. Also, that one doesn't show residuals or other pertinent information.

I wrote a post a while back about calculating a lease - they are impossible to compare due to differing terms - but a lessee should know how much of each component (depreciation, taxes and interest) he/she is paying.

Last edited:

longboyheisenberg

Reaction score
Not if you can write it of as a business expense.
EX AWD, 36/15k, Zero Down, $555/mo Everything Rolled In

I'm curious about this. That's about the payment I was quoted for the S AWD in 46123. I'd much rather get the EX instead of the S.

TellMeRide2020

Reaction score
WOW … What dealership did you get this from, And did you also have a trade? This is making me rethink my recent deposit on a Telluride S FWD, I really wanted the AWD and my payment is higher, I am so close to cancelling my order :mad:

2,000 down, 384/mo S model AWD
3 years 10k mi/year
I know it was a lot out of pocket but I’m happy with my payment !

Last edited:
Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Telluride? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

johnwashere2

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
I got EX AWD (MSRP $40,500). 3 years , 15k miles a year for $499 a month after taxes and everything + $1200 down. Got a check for $499 from founders club 2 months later and 3 years premium maintenance included.
I was kinda surprised because because I didn’t realize that the first payment was part of the money down. I’ve never leased. So I guess at the end of the day it was $200 then $499 a month.

TellMeRide2020

Reaction score
Well, like I mentioned I recently placed a deposit for the S FWD, I would rather the AWD even though I don't travel on rough terrain or much snow. I just always wanted an AWD SUV. And they have me at $2500 dwn, $419 per month. I feel this isn't that great of a deal, what do you guys think?

Thanks

I got EX AWD (MSRP $40,500). 3 years , 15k miles a year for $499 a month after taxes and everything + $1200 down. Got a check for $499 from founders club 2 months later and 3 years premium maintenance included.
I was kinda surprised because because I didn’t realize that the first payment was part of the money down. I’ve never leased. So I guess at the end of the day it was $200 then $499 a month.

Mweiland

AUTHORIZED DEALER
Reaction score
Well, like I mentioned I recently placed a deposit for the S FWD, I would rather the AWD even though I don't travel on rough terrain or much snow. I just always wanted an AWD SUV. And they have me at $2500 dwn, $419 per month. I feel this isn't that great of a deal, what do you guys think?

Thanks
What state are you in. ?

TellMeRide2020

Reaction score
Thank you for that, it seems like it was $9 difference per month in payment ($410 vs $419 they quoted me) The issue i seen is all KIA dealers are now adding hefty addendums to their cars. This one originally had a 3k addendum on the vehicle, and they chopped it in half.

I really think its BS if you ask me, their just taking advantage of the consumer at this point. so if i remove that $1497 addendum, which the taxes would also come down a bit, it does make a big difference.

Not sure if nows the right time, to get one of these vehicles. Might just have to wait till they stop the feeding frenzy.

Please run your agreements through the LH calculator in order to translate it into something more meaningful: Leasehackr Calculator — LEASEHACKR