Welcome to the Ad-Free KIA Telluride Community!

Please register with the BIGGEST and busiest Telluride community online. We'd LOVE to have you! Please note: This is an ADVERTISEMENT FREE community! No advertising is permitted. None.

Register Log in
  • PLEASE NOTE: This is a private community with only a few publicly accessible areas. Please sign up for open access to full level content.

Proud Kia Consultant

cliffnerd5

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
My knowledge of towing is very limited and most of it I learned recently initiated here on this forum. I will leave the conversation to more knowledgeable people, but I think KIA did not do it right, and realistically you can put a few bikes in the back ant that’s it. That’s just my opinion, I don’t think it is safe. A few people are not buying the Telluride because of this, I don’t really think I would ever need it, but what bothers me is false advertising and what someone pointed up they’re opening themself for a lawsuit.
I agree with this sentiment. It sounds like small attachments or a small trailer for hauling items is the max with the 'tow package'. While it claims 5,000 lbs to meet industry standard claims.

ervolino

Reaction score
My knowledge of towing is very limited and most of it I learned recently initiated here on this forum. I will leave the conversation to more knowledgeable people, but I think KIA did not do it right, and realistically you can put a few bikes in the back ant that’s it. That’s just my opinion, I don’t think it is safe. A few people are not buying the Telluride because of this, I don’t really think I would ever need it, but what bothers me is false advertising and what someone pointed up they’re opening themself for a lawsuit.
I respect your decision, but I would encourage you to entertain this thought... you can tow 5,000 lbs in a Kia Telluride.
What your state requires for additional safety equipment has nothing to do with Kia, and as far as I see it, they are well within the realms of truthful advertisement.
Look at other vehicle manufacturers, and see how they have advertised their towing capacities. It’s the nearly identical as the route Kia took.

ervolino

Reaction score
I decided to post a thread regarding this, hopefully this helps.

mikeg112

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
I respect your decision, but I would encourage you to entertain this thought... you can tow 5,000 lbs in a Kia Telluride.
What your state requires for additional safety equipment has nothing to do with Kia, and as far as I see it, they are well within the realms of truthful advertisement.
Look at other vehicle manufacturers, and see how they have advertised their towing capacities. It’s the nearly identical as the route Kia took.
Totally 100% agree. I just spot-checked both Toyota Highlander and Chevy Traverse. They both claim 5,000 lb towing capacity, and their factory hitches are both 4-pin connectors. I’m sure if it falls under false-advertising they would already be getting sued.
I think it would be a GREAT idea if Kia and the other manufacturers put in the full 7-pin connection. They may be taking the “MVP” approach...Minimum Viable Product!

Last edited:

Wap52

Reaction score
That’s a good question.
The factory orders will take up the units that are to be allocated to the dealership. Part of the reason dealerships are having a more difficult time getting units allocated is because their orders are taking away from those.
Orders become “first” priority, atleast over the allocated ones.
I ordered my Telluride Copper Black Brown Dune Leather SX with towing package on March 21. Here it is May 11 and still no vin number to dealer to show car is in line for production. I was told 6 to 8 weeks on orders but i am reading elsewhere in forum that Copper Black is not being push thru the line as quick as others. My 2014 Sorento needs to be traded in by June 1 to save me some money on registering it and the also paying for tags on the new Telluride. Any help on delivery times would be helpful.
Thanks in Texas

Crazymom5

Reaction score
My question is regarding the 351lb tongue weight listed in the manual. We purchased the tow package because it is advertised as having a 5000 lb tow capacity. Then the manual says that it only has a 351lb tongue capacity. WTH?? We paid a lot of money for the tow package and now we are limited to only towing 3500 lbs. Explain to me how we can get a 5000 lb tow when the manual states the tongue weight is only 351 lbs. It should be a 500 lb tongue weight since the manual states it can tow 5000 lbs. We are VERY frustrated about this.

jw_tx21

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
I ordered my Telluride Copper Black Brown Dune Leather SX with towing package on March 21. Here it is May 11 and still no vin number to dealer to show car is in line for production. I was told 6 to 8 weeks on orders but i am reading elsewhere in forum that Copper Black is not being push thru the line as quick as others. My 2014 Sorento needs to be traded in by June 1 to save me some money on registering it and the also paying for tags on the new Telluride. Any help on delivery times would be helpful.
Thanks in Texas
This was posted this morning. Non-prestige, but maybe an option.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.